List view without thumbs (Request)
I'd like a list view without thumbnails... I really dislike truncated filenames. It's one of the few gripes I have with Media Stream; there is no view that shows long filenames decently. Here's a mockup I made that shows how the new view would look vs the old:

Compare it to the current view:

This could be a new view, or it could replace the current List view. I think the current List can be consolidated into Info List. They are very similar and I think it's confusing to have both.
Dosen´t that already exist?

System -> Skin -> Media views -> Hide thumbs in list view (all)
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
OK, it just occurred to me that there might be an option somewhere to hide the thumbnail. Well.. there is :p It's "hidden" under the skin options. So I guess my request is somewhat nullified. But I think this should be the default setting... I also would like to add that the current List+Thumb view could use some space optimizations. Instead of being half thumb half list, it should be 1/4 thumb, 3/4 list.
yellowman Wrote:Dosen´t that already exist?

System -> Skin -> Media views -> Hide thumbs in list view (all)

Yea, heh found it right after I posted :o, thanks for pointing it out though.
migueld Wrote:I also would like to add that the current List+Thumb view could use some space optimizations. Instead of being half thumb half list, it should be 1/4 thumb, 3/4 list.

No please don't change it, that would ruin my preferred TV Show view -

Don't worry I'm not planning on changing it - the so called 'wasted space' is only 'wasted' if the apsect ratio of the image is not a wide image (either square or a tall rectangle).

As for making the hidden thumbs list view the default, not going to happen - if you've already set the option why would you need that to be the default too?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List view without thumbs (Request)0