Subtitles playback setting
Hello,

would it be possible to add a setting like an on/off for the subtitle background box to the playback subtitle menu? It would be really nice to be able to switch this on and off quickly when during playback the subtitles are hard to read (eg when hardcoded subtitles are in the video) or get rid of it when not needed, without reverting to the main settings menu.

Thanks everyone.
The OSD doesn't allow for it, but some skins (Aeon Nox: SiLVO {latest update}) offer a font outline, border colour/size , colour, transparency, background type options and more, I find these more than enough for the most challenging of screens.

I have seen subtitles that use different colours, fonts, and attributes that work in Kodi on a single word basis using an external subtitle file. You'll need to investigate as the Subtitles (wiki) wiki doesn't appear to show it, a quick Google brought up may solutions.
Under Kodis Settings  ('Settings -> Player -> Subtitles')  the background can be set (opacity 0-100).

But: When in fullscreen playbck there is a settings menu with a 'Subtitle Settings' submenu, this is where I'd find a simple on-off toggleswitch for this pretty useful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles playback setting0