Nvidia Shield Nexus 20.0 & PlexKodiConnect 17.1 Not Working
In the past couple of weeks, the Nvidia Shield auto updated from Kodi Matrix to Kodi Nexus.

After that update,  PKC and Nexus no longer update new TV episodes or Movies that are added to my PMS.

Initially when I looked into it, Nexus was reporting that it was still using the 1.6.14 PKC.  I thought this might be the issue since I saw there was an update to PKC 1.7.1.  So I performed that update, but new TV episodes and Movies still are not added.

I also tried using the beta of PKC 1.7.3 and that doesn't work either.

I signed out and back into my PMS through PKC but no change.  I did a repair of the database, but no change.   I finally tried a full reset of the database, which also did nothing.

So I went to a second Shield that hadn't had an update since Christmas, and updated to Nexus before opening Kodi.  It opened in the last state  it had been in back in December, and wouldn't add any new Movies of TV shows.  So this Kodi only had stuff I had added to about 12/15, and the first Kodi had updates until 1.20.  So essentially, the update to Nexus was freezing the database in its last Matrix state.

So I took a new Shield and did a clean install of Kodi Nexus.  Then added a clean install of PKC 1.7.1.  I then synced it with PMS and everything updated fine and PKC seems to be adding/removing movies/TV shows as it should.  Everything is synced with PMS.

So what this appears to be, is some issue with how Nexus handles the update from Matrix.  It essentially seems to freeze the state of your database, and won't allow changes to be made (like its read only after the update_.  Seems less likely to be a PKC issue since the combination of Nexus/PKC 1.7.1 seems to work perfectly on a clean install.

I'm not sure how you report this bug to Kodi team, but maybe it is something they could fix with a Nexus 20.1 release?

Finally, I nuked Kodi on one of the other Shields I had been working on.  Reinstalled Nexus and reinstalled PKC, and that one is working too.  So it looks like the obvious solution for Shield users is to nuke everything and start over. Sad  Again, maybe a future update of Nexus may be able to address whatever is causing  the database to freeze in its last Matrix state.
It does appear there is either a bug in PKC or at least a change in behavior for Kodi.

When you go into the initial movie menu on Kodi, where it lists in progress, recently added, has the widgets, etc, the recently added display is not working correctly.

Once I watch a movie, it disappears from that initial list of recently added.  And if I mark the movie as unwatched, it will reappear on the recently added list.

In PKC, there is an option to show watched movies in recently added, and that option is turned on.  It still disappears when you watch a movie.

Now, if you go into the recently added widget, it still shows there.  And I have a smart playlist that shows recent adds (used to display recent adds on the Shield home screen).  The watched movie will still show in those locations, just not in that initial row of recently added icons when you go into movies.

I think this is probably a PKC bug, but could be change in behavior of Kodi (I don't see a Kodi menu option that addresses handling of watched movies).

Other than this issue, I have not encountered any other problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Nexus 20.0 & PlexKodiConnect 17.1 Not Working0