Bug Icons View Now Has 2 Rows of 7 Icons Instead of 4 & "Ends at" & Media Info Missing
I've looked everywhere for how to rectify this, so I hope someone can help. Icons View (for viewing videos in Favourites) used to have 2 rows of 4 square preview icons, each with a nice big status indicator overlay on the top-right, with the name of the selected file underneath, with the duration in minutes and Ends at beneath that, and at the very bottom a bunch of media info overlay icons (e.g. HEVC, 720p HD, AAC, etc). Now that view has 2 rows of 7 thumbnails squashed in, making the thumbnails look stretched and the status overlays smaller, and the only thing at the bottom is the file-name followed by duration. This occurs in both Aeon Nox Silvo 8.0.1 and 9.0.0, in both Linux and on Android TV boxes.

On my Linux PC (Ubuntu 22.04) I did a fresh install of Kodi 20 via the official repo, and the Aeon Nox Silvo 8.0.1 came like this. However on my Kodi 20 Android box this view is still 2x4 icons, with all the additional info - even after the skin upgraded itself from 8.0.1 to 9.0.0. However, on my daughter's identical box (but still with Aeon Nox Silvo 8.0.1, as she turned off updates) it suddenly changed from 2x4 to this messed-up 2x7 view after I added a new portable HD as a TV shows source, and added a folder to Favourites (did not touch any settings, did not update the skin).

There is one common denominator, being an issue I have seen reported here, and I have posted about myself (TriPanel Missing, Only 3 Views (List, Icons, Wall) in Favourites in Kodi 20/ANS 8.0.1): when you can only choose between 3 views (instead of the usual 22), Icons View displays nicely and with all the bells and whistles; when you choose Icons from the full list of 22 views, it ends up as outlined. After adding that drive to my daughter's box, it went from having only 3 views available in Favourites (and 2x4 icons) to having 22 available views, and changing it to Icons resulted in the 2x7 view.

I've poked around in various XML files - View_500_Icons.xml seemed promising, but it's identical to the one on my Android box that still has the proper 2x4 view - but I'm just not finding how to fix this. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as besides Icons view being a bit ugly to look at in that state, it's missing all the extra info that made that view so great. Many thanks in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Icons View Now Has 2 Rows of 7 Icons Instead of 4 & "Ends at" & Media Info Missing0