Device that supports DoVi 8.1, Atmos TrueHD, DTS:X MA, and Accurate Gamma/Colors
(2023-05-19, 12:26)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2023-05-14, 12:43)ashlar Wrote:
(2023-03-08, 05:41)jepsizofye Wrote: well if you find an all in one kodi box @aarodynamics let me know

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/coreele...sion/20982

I suppose these could be it? Especially if the profile 7 bug gets corrected (CE team states that it was working fine in a previous release of the kernel).

I noticed this thread for these boxes https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=372996 so might not be the perfect all in one box as it seems like they have an issue which Multichannel LPCM, at least there's is with the Android OS, however perhaps CoreElec being Linux based might solve thisHuh
Thanks for pointing this out. I'm personally not in a rush to change Kodi's hardware I'm using. But I keep my eyes open just in case.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Actually I just realised I got it wrong, that thread was for the Dune HD Real Vision 4K and not the Homatics clone the Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus, they have so many similarly named devices I got confused.

Completely different SoC's:

Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus - Amlogic S905X4-K
Dune HD Real Vision 4K - Realtek RTD1619DR
(2023-05-19, 15:52)jjd-uk Wrote: Actually I just realised I got it wrong, that thread was for the Dune HD Real Vision 4K and not the Homatics clone the Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus, they have so many similarly named devices I got confused.

Completely different SoC's:

Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus - Amlogic S905X4-K
Dune HD Real Vision 4K - Realtek RTD1619DR
Oh, ok. Well, that's better, I guess. :-)
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
For anyone still interested in this... 
I ended up testing the HBR4K+ (Homatics Box R 4K Plus) and it is working great with CoreELEC 21 Amlogic-ne and PKC (PlexKodiConnect).
I posted instructions over on AVSForum on how to get it working.
@aarodynamics

currently, i am running my own custom build of kodi in order to not require a Dolby Vision capable display when playing back dolby vision

instead, it only requires that the hardware decoder is present so my HDR10+ only tv can utilize DV

do you know what the device requirement is on coreelec, are they using the hardware decoder in the box (homatics) as long as the file has DV

or are they also requiring the display to report it is capable?
@jepsizofye I'm not sure, but I think someone over on the CoreELEC forum could answer your question for you.
right on
Dolby TrueHD supports up to 24-bit audio and sampling rates from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz. Dolby TrueHD supports up to 7.1 audio channels as well as Dolby Atmos immersive audio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Device that supports DoVi 8.1, Atmos TrueHD, DTS:X MA, and Accurate Gamma/Colors0