Solved Weird problem with list widgets but only on initial load
This is a little tricky to explain so I have included some screenshots and the relevant part of the template.xml

I am creating a mod of Aeon Nox Silvio.  One of the features is that the user can chose to orient the list widgets either with list on left and info panel on right (left orientation) or with the list on the right and info panel on the left (right orientation) - this is implemented in skin settings

The problem I have is when I first fire up kodi or reload the skin. It does not make any difference whether I have set up the list widgets with left orientation or right orientation, what I see is that the widget does not pick up any of the correct information and is trying to use fallback images.  If I then go into skin settings and change the list orientation, come out of skin settings, go back in to skin settings and change the orientation back again the widget works correctly.

Imgur images of issue

I have tried everything I can think of to track down the issue.  It is obviously something that happens only on initial load and as far as I can tell is not related to what the initial focus position of the list container is.

I have extracted the relevant part of template.xml in case someone can spot the glaring mistake I must of made somewhere

xml

For ease in the xml there are 2 almost identical groups one of which is visible when listwidgetorientation=true and one where it !listwidgetorientation=true, the only differences between the 2 are the left settings for the list widget and list widget info panel
Please close this thread.  Have solved the problem a different and simpler way.  Although no idea why the previous solution threw up such a weird error.  Only taken me 2 days of trying everything to get it right!
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird problem with list widgets but only on initial load0