Left Mouse Click with XBMC Windows
I just installed Mediastream and everything seems to work, with the exception of being able to use the left mouse button. Needless to say this cripples the system of not being able to select anything without hitting Enter on keyboard.

Any idea?
I had the same prob when I tried MediaStream out (very briefly).
I found out clicking to the left (or was it right?) of the text would work.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
No go, still doesn't work.
sho Wrote:I had the same prob when I tried MediaStream out (very briefly).
I found out clicking to the left (or was it right?) of the text would work.

Yes I have the same problem. What's going on? One would think that mouse support is pretty important, it's one of the first thing a user notices when trying XBMC. Even with a remote, I still use it. It's very weird that this bug hasn't been addressed (assuming it's a bug). I can't think of any reason for this behavior or why it would be unattended.. considering that they've addressed many other "minor" things. It's very weird...
On which platform(s)? XBMC Live, XBMC for Linux, XBMC for Mac, XBMC for Windows, or XBMC for Xbox?

Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
migueld Wrote:Yes I have the same problem. What's going on? One would think that mouse support is pretty important, it's one of the first thing a user notices when trying XBMC. Even with a remote, I still use it. It's very weird that this bug hasn't been addressed (assuming it's a bug). I can't think of any reason for this behavior or why it would be unattended.. considering that they've addressed many other "minor" things. It's very weird...

I haven't tried another mouse yet, maybe it's just my specific mouse. I'm using one of those new Logitech MX Air mice. I've never had an issue with any other application.
Gamester17 Wrote:On which platform(s)? XBMC Live, XBMC for Linux, XBMC for Mac, XBMC for Windows, or XBMC for Xbox?

Huh

I'm sorry, I don't know how I missed your response, it's XBMC for Windows.
brj8826 Wrote:I'm sorry, I don't know how I missed your response, it's XBMC for Windows.

XBMC on mac does this too. Also on Plex. It seems that it's just a bug that applies to any platform.
Its just the way the skin is made. When Team Razorfish did it I guess mouse support was not high on the list of things to add after all this is supposed to be a media center and used with a remote control from your couch.

You will find that many skins (mc360, Vision2 and so on) have really bad support for mouse. Because its hard in mediastreams case to have all those hidden/layered menus and still make it work good with a mouse
Sorry to dig on an old thread... but are there plans to fix this?! (is it even possible with the way your skin is built?).

(Mediastream skin on Linux)

I'd really love some mouse support. :-)
As it stands it's not really on our list of things to do before v1.00 but if we get time we may try and fit it in (I wouldn't hold my breath though as the skin isn't really designed with mouse in mind)
Same here with my Logitech G5 on XBMC for Windows, the problem seems confined to the main menu choices? it seems to work fine when scrolling through TV shows and music.

Clicking to the left of the text does ot always work on the main menu.

Regardless this skin is brilliant, thanks to all involved in its production.
Same here.. Need the mouse to work with this amazing skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Left Mouse Click with XBMC Windows0