• 3(current)
KML2 Browser
glad tslayer has found the issue with the other skins.

i am using the latest cvs and tried it with pm, blackblue classic.

the script does not work with the above skins.
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils
i will fix this asap.
greets,

zilvershadow
designer of the kmlbrowser script.
(zilvershadow @ may 25 2004,19:39 Wrote:one thing i want to clear up that is that this project isn't just an webradio player, you must see it in a wider perspective. kml is a markup language. many people have designed pages for it, including imdb, tvguide, weather and games, and more, like streaming video. what i'm writing is a browser that can browse these pages and draws them correctly to screen.
very cool script!, and amazing that it like you say has the potential of being even greater, like weather, tv guide, imdb and games Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
an amazing script!!!

should be integrated in my music in xbmc 1.0 final.

*applause*
hi... it just doesn't want to start Sad
using xbmc 05-26, 22 doesn't work either.
Quote:26-05-2004 21:29:26 -->python initialized<--
26-05-2004 21:29:26
26-05-2004 21:29:26 traceback (most recent call last):
26-05-2004 21:29:26 file "q:\scripts\simplekml.py", line 20, in ?
26-05-2004 21:29:26
26-05-2004 21:29:26 import sys, time, string
26-05-2004 21:29:26 importerror
26-05-2004 21:29:26 :
26-05-2004 21:29:26 no module named string
tia,
dylan
you probably did not install python in xbmc.

make sure you have uncompressed the python.rar into the python directory.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
zilvershadow, excellent script!

i've been looking at the script because i want modify it for different screen resolutions. my plan is to use self.getscreenheight inside processelement to determine the screenheight and set proper scaling factors. this value can then be used to correct the return values from the getwidth,getheight,getx,gety functions.  but to do this correctly, i need to understand the reasoning behing y always being scaled by 1.2.

my assumption is that your assuming a pal screen (720x576) and the kiss screen resolution is 640x480. 576/480 = 1.2. but if this is true, why arent you also scaling the x coordinate by 1.125. (720/640)

also, another thing i was thinking about was clecking the downloaded playlist to see if it had atleast one entry in it. if numentries was zero, put up a dialog box saying that the stream was offline or something similar.
the res of kiss is 720x480 so i only had to scale the vertical axes. i should use getwidth getheight getx, gety for the scaling. you can indeed get the screenwith with:

w = self.getwidth()
h = self.getheight()

then you can scale with a simple formula.

as for the playlists. i shouldnt change that, as when it doesnt start the stream is down. so.. and otherwhise you get the shoutcast dialog.

the script is not yet finished. a lot of work to do but i'm very busy now.... Image

greets
greets,

zilvershadow
Information 
hello!

this script is awesome i just got it working. great work, all you need to do now is fix those non-transparent vibrant colors =)

keep up the good work man, its appreciated
<span style='color:red'>new fixes:</span>

* ntsc / pal compatability hopefully works.
* transparent gifs! :d
* font fix (i included fonts, there's no need to overwrite them if you have them already)

download kmlbrowser here:
kml browser v0.9

maybe someone can provide me a nice graphic for a menuitem in the xbmc home screen.

please contact me
thanks
greets,

zilvershadow
heh cool, u already did it for me. guess i wont waste my time updating the scale factors in version 0.8 then. i'll try out the new version in 720p and 1080i and let you know how it looks.

i know what your saying, if you dont get the shoutcast dialog box, the stream is down. the problem is that the page still says "connecting..." on the bottom. its confusing. at the very least, that should change to reflect that theres no stream available. (unless this has also changed with version 0.9)

i just want to say again that this is a great piece of software. keep up the good work.
anyone else having problems with the script locking up whilst you try to navigate back through the menus?
i also experienced it. i'll try to fix it.
greets,

zilvershadow
i made some fixes and added some new features, but too lazy to give an update. check first post message.

download here
greets,

zilvershadow
kick ass script Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KML2 Browser0