• 13(current)
KML2 Browser
hi,

i'm rather busy with my http://www.onlinestreams.nl kml site, and i noticed some sites disallow the kmlbrowser to get the stream (not a "normal" browser).

however the kmlbrowser _just_ doesn't play the stream, with no error code or whatsoever. (just silentness)

any idea, error reporting is on the agenda to be implemented?
i thing that would be extremely usefull.
now it takes a "sniffer/protocol analiser" to get more information, why a stream may now play.

if not on the agenda, perhaps someone would like to take the challenge?

greetings,

arjan
(djon @ oct. 15 2004,17:13 Wrote:is there a way to get the bitrate shown in all filenames for all the radiostations?
i don't think so, or i haven't been able to find a way without actually streaming the station first... then it shows it.
one thing really annoying i find from the 'new' kml script and content is not having the distinction between audio and video as a selection option. as a result they are mixed and looks really messy.
guess same in some way goes for the bitrates.. below 96k for music i don't even want it to show up for me person.. but others might have other wishes on that.
(mvoosten @ oct. 29 2004,10:56 Wrote:one thing really annoying i find from the 'new' kml script and content is not having the distinction between audio and video as a selection option. as a result they are mixed and looks really messy.
guess same in some way goes for the bitrates.. below 96k for music i don't even want it to show up for me person.. but others might have other wishes on that.
hi,

do you mean "my" onlinestreams version?

if yes, you have a point, and i'll add some extra selection options.
expect it done today, or this weekend.

and yes, i'd like the/this feedback, thanks!

greetings,
(iafilius @ oct. 29 2004,11:08 Wrote:
(mvoosten @ oct. 29 2004,10:56 Wrote:one thing really annoying i find from the 'new' kml script and content is not having the distinction between audio and video as a selection option. as a result they are mixed and looks really messy.
hi,

greetings,
thanks!! appreciated!
(mvoosten @ oct. 29 2004,15:00 Wrote:
(iafilius @ oct. 29 2004,11:08 Wrote:
hi,

greetings,
thanks!! appreciated!
hi, i think i may have implemented your wish now.
it's now almost completely finished, and it's in yet the "development" only.
as soon it's comletely finished i'll put it into the production version.

greetings,
is there any way i could make my own kml feed/page with my favorite radio stations and then load it up in the kml2 browser?
that would rock :kickass:
(mindtwister @ nov. 09 2004,06:50 Wrote:is there any way i could make my own kml feed/page with my favorite radio stations and then load it up in the kml2 browser?
that would rock  :kickass:
on onlinestreams.nl you can indeed create your own bookmarks if that is what you are looking for.
right im new to all of this and have tired to work it out myself.

but im still stuck on this:

ive copied all the files over to my xbox like it says i have to.

then i load xbmc

what do i do nextHuh

if i click on files then scripts then try and run the new kml script it errors.

"failed to download xml document:" then a web address

then it says

kml document is nothing
return home

please help
(mvoosten @ nov. 09 2004,08:23 Wrote:
(mindtwister @ nov. 09 2004,06:50 Wrote:is there any way i could make my own kml feed/page with my favorite radio stations and then load it up in the kml2 browser?
on onlinestreams.nl you can indeed create your own bookmarks if that is what you are looking for.
no. i dont want bookmarks.. i want it to only display my favorite 10 radio stations and nothing else. the kml browser has a better interface than just playing some playlist in xbmc..
(mindtwister @ nov. 09 2004,17:28 Wrote:
(mvoosten @ nov. 09 2004,08:23 Wrote:
no. i dont want bookmarks.. i want it to only display my favorite 10 radio stations and nothing else. the kml browser has a better interface than just playing some playlist in xbmc..
sure you can do it yourself, have a good look at the webradio2 or onlinestreams.nl kml pages, edit them to your personal taste, put the content in you want, and put it on a webserver for example.

i might think http://www.onlinestreams.nl did the work for you, just ad those 10-radio streams, bookmark them, and the rest you get for free Smile.

and most importand, other users can select/listen to you streams too (when publicly available of course)

greetings,

arjan
what do they look like? :o
all i see is some server info.. not much content
all

is there somebody out there working on a better (more complete) version of the simplekml browser?

today only the webradio and the onlinestreams sites work ok. there are so many other sites out there, but i have tested a few...

--> http://kissportal.pl/directory/index.php

...and not that many works very well.

example (test it - change in kml script):

--> http://www.movimu.com/kml/kml-index.php

cheers
ok, maybe i am missing something here but i have tried many many builds of xbmc, both the oficial ones and the cvs builds and everything inbetween and i have even downloaded the scripts from both the script page of this site and other sources (also tried different skins)and still kml browsing and music streaming doesn't work. now the interface works great, i can download the list of shoutcast servers and browse different genres and all that. but as soon as i click to play it says "waiting to start" and then my xbox crashes, i cannot back out, i cannot even reset using igr. aqt browser works perfectly and every other script i have thrown at my xbox works almost flawlessly. but kml browse just doesn't work.
(mcq3000 @ nov. 24 2004,19:00 Wrote:ok, maybe i am missing something here but i have tried many many builds of xbmc, both the oficial ones and the cvs builds and everything inbetween and i have even downloaded the scripts from both the script page of this site and other sources (also tried different skins)and still kml browsing and music streaming doesn't work. now the interface works great, i can download the list of shoutcast servers and browse different genres and all that. but as soon as i click to play it says "waiting to start" and then my xbox crashes, i cannot back out, i cannot even reset using igr. aqt browser works perfectly and every other script i have thrown at my xbox works almost flawlessly. but kml browse just doesn't work.
hi,

i'm not sure what's going on with your xbmc, but perhaps you can increse the debug level, and post he xbmc.log file.
i'm also a but curious how a network capture looks like.

also like to know what exacly to did to install the kml browser, and where you got it.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KML2 Browser0