Operation Not Permitted
I have a second network(different ip address altogether), totally different source(HP Envy M6 w/Windows 10[password protected] and WD hard drive connected via USB) and am running Kodi on Firestick 4K. I'm trying to add the network location. In Kodi 20.1, I get an error saying, "Operation Not Permitted." Everything is set up to be shared. The only thing I can think of is, my other setup, I just completely disabled Windows Defender Firewall altogether.
On this I would like to keep Windows Defender Firewall active. Is there a way for me to allow Kodi to get through(by allowing it as an app or feature in the firewall settings as an exception) OR am I dealing with a different gremlin altogether? I would also like to note, the laptop is only able to access 2.4ghz and the firestick apparently can only access 5ghz. Everything I've read says that shouldn't matter for sharing? But thought I would mention that, just in case. Thanks in advance folks!
(2023-04-08, 22:36)davelee77 Wrote: I have a second network(different ip address altogether), totally different source(HP Envy M6 w/Windows 10[password protected] and WD hard drive connected via USB) and am running Kodi on Firestick 4K. I'm trying to add the network location. In Kodi 20.1, I get an error saying, "Operation Not Permitted." Everything is set up to be shared. The only thing I can think of is, my other setup, I just completely disabled Windows Defender Firewall altogether.
On this I would like to keep Windows Defender Firewall active. Is there a way for me to allow Kodi to get through(by allowing it as an app or feature in the firewall settings as an exception) OR am I dealing with a different gremlin altogether? I would also like to note, the laptop is only able to access 2.4ghz and the firestick apparently can only access 5ghz. Everything I've read says that shouldn't matter for sharing? But thought I would mention that, just in case. Thanks in advance folks!

UPDATE: I shutdown Windows Defender Firewall just to see and am still getting same error message. So that can't be it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Operation Not Permitted0