How to get 10' Vista UI and XBMC 1080i FS
I set the Vista Desktop to 192 DPI to get a readable 10' GUI at 1080i. The default 96 DPI makes everything too small to read. Actually, the internal Intel G35 driver sets the resolution to 1776 x 1000 to account for over-scan. The fonts and windows are clear, smooth, and readable from 10' away. The desktop explorer is usable when it's needed.

XBMC has a difficult time with this configuration as most of the user interface is clipped on the bottom or right side when set to anything other than 480p (this was hard to configure as I had to navigate and guess at the values for the off-screen controls). I tried the calibration tool but have convinced myself the clipped off-screen widgets don't get focus. If I set the Vista Desktop to a full 1920 x 1080 instead of 1776 x 1000 then I also get over-scan problems.

Is there a way to get a nice 10' Vista Desktop GUI and also configure XBMC. What are the files I can manually configure in XBMC?

Rick
What is the native resolution of your TV/display? You should set it to that ("full-screen") in XBMC settings.

Please upload a debug log to pastebin.com and post the URL here to it is you still have problems.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:What is the native resolution of your TV/display? You should set it to that ("full-screen") in XBMC settings.

Please upload a debug log to pastebin.com and post the URL here to it is you still have problems.

Not certain of the native resolution but EDID shows timings for 1080i, 720p and 480p. Is there a way to set XBMC to full-screen 1080i by editing a config file instead of using the XBMC GUI?
No you should use the GUI settings.

What exact graphics device driver version are you using?, and again, please provide a debug log.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get 10' Vista UI and XBMC 1080i FS0