Unable to get multi-channel LPCM audio with Kodi installed on Dune HD Real Vision 4K
Please head over to github and open an issue there. Please attach the above Debug Log as well.

Thanks very much. From completeness: if you move this ISO out of the way, crashes stop happening, right?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2023-05-04, 17:38)fritsch Wrote: From completeness: if you move this ISO out of the way, crashes stop happening, right?
Yes. It crashes when it's not a SACD iso. It started after I installed SACD iso decoder add-on.
The second one: https://github.com/xbmc/audiodecoder.sacd/issues here is your issue, though it was reported german
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Though they are not crashing, cause they have enough memory :-). Please create a new bug at the above link.
That iso conflict issue should have been fixed by https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20278 unless something has been merged to make it broken again since then.
I've installed Kodi (version 20.1) on Amazon FireStick 4k and most of the 5.1 and 7.1 multi-channel LPCM is working ok now. But I've the following issues with some tracks. They both play ok with my Oppo BDP-103

1. Multi-channel quad (4.0) 24 bit 96 khz LPCM is playing as 2 channel
2. Multi-channel 5.1 16 bit 48 khz LPCM is playing as DD+

Here's the link to the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/oqoyizadul
Quote:2023-05-05 15:13:32.515 T:3589     info <general>: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - initialize sink
2023-05-05 15:13:32.516 T:3589     info <general>: Trying to open: samplerate: 96000, channelMask: 204, encoding: 2
2023-05-05 15:13:32.517 T:3589     info <general>: Minimum size we need for stream: 24640 Bytes
2023-05-05 15:13:32.517 T:3589     info <general>: Audiotrack buffer params are: period time = 32.083 ms, period size = 24640 bytes, num periods = 4
2023-05-05 15:13:32.517 T:3589     info <general>: Created Audiotrackbuffer with playing time of 128.333333 ms min buffer size: 98560 bytes
2023-05-05 15:13:32.525 T:3589     info <general>: CAESinkAUDIOTRACK::Initializing with: m_sampleRate: 96000 format: AE_FMT_S16LE (AE) method: PCM stream-type: PCM-STREAM min_buffer_size: 98560 m_frames: 3080 m_frameSize: 8 channels: 4
2023-05-05 15:13:32.570 T:3806     info <general>: PAPlayer:TonguerepareStream - Ready

Works great from kodi. But that was expected ... why didn't you ask before. Most Android boxes can only do 5.1 and 7.1 in general. They were not made as audiophile music box.

Quote: Multi-channel 5.1 16 bit 48 khz LPCM is playing as DD+

Yes - see this forum. Amazon likes it that way. Whenever you have the "Audio Settings" of the FireTV (not kodi) set to "Best Available" it will take 5.1 PCM content and _reencode_ it _internally_ to DD+, cause of the Soundbars on this planet to increase compatibility. If you set that to Dolby Digital, things will change but DD+ will be gone. If you set it to PCM, things will change again.
Quote:Works great from kodi. But that was expected ... why didn't you ask before. Most Android boxes can only do 5.1 and 7.1 in general. They were not made as audiophile music box.
So, Android doesn't support 4.0, right?
Quote:Yes - see this forum. Amazon likes it that way. Whenever you have the "Audio Settings" of the FireTV (not kodi) set to "Best Available" it will take 5.1 PCM content and _reencode_ it _internally_ to DD+, cause of the Soundbars on this planet to increase compatibility. If you set that to Dolby Digital, things will change but DD+ will be gone. If you set it to PCM, things will change again.
ok, it worked after changing to PCM in FireStick

No sure what I did, somehow SACD decoder and Kodi crash is not happening anymore. I did uninstall/reinstall Kodi few times. Anyway, I'll close the ticket I opened. Thanks for all your help.
(2023-05-06, 21:32)fatoldpig Wrote:
Quote:Works great from kodi. But that was expected ... why didn't you ask before. Most Android boxes can only do 5.1 and 7.1 in general. They were not made as audiophile music box.
So, Android doesn't support 4.0, right?
Quote:Yes - see this forum. Amazon likes it that way. Whenever you have the "Audio Settings" of the FireTV (not kodi) set to "Best Available" it will take 5.1 PCM content and _reencode_ it _internally_ to DD+, cause of the Soundbars on this planet to increase compatibility. If you set that to Dolby Digital, things will change but DD+ will be gone. If you set it to PCM, things will change again.
ok, it worked after changing to PCM in FireStick

No sure what I did, somehow SACD decoder and Kodi crash is not happening anymore. I did uninstall/reinstall Kodi few times. Anyway, I'll close the ticket I opened. Thanks for all your help.

"Most Android Boxes" :-). Kodi has no chance to see if it does or not, as you can see from the log: we nicely work with 4.0 channels, but rely on the box's firmware to do it properly.
(2023-05-02, 04:25)fatoldpig Wrote: I have installed Kodi (version 20.1) on Dune HD Real Vision 4K which is connected to my AVR via HDMI. Multi-channel (5.1, 7.1) LPCM FLAC shows as 2 channel. 5.1, 7.1 DTS, DTS-HD MA, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital + work fine. The same Multi-channel LPCM FLAC files play fine with Dune's internal player and Oppo BDP-103. The reason I'm trying to use Kodi is to play those files gapless (Dune or Oppo don't support gapless playback). how did you install it and where did you get it?

Any idea?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to get multi-channel LPCM audio with Kodi installed on Dune HD Real Vision 4K0