Nokia Internet Tablet (770/N800/N810) - Touchscreen remote for XBMC
jeepcook Wrote:Very good thing this wifi remote control !!

I would like to use it to control xbmc. Is there a possibility to show the cover of the album playing, just show the folder.jpg in the album folder.

Thanks

There is a way to do it but I don't know how to code well enough to do it. There is a command that will get the album art or DVD cover art that is currently playing and store it to a temporary directory somewhere. Then you just call another command to display what is in the folder.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=WebServerHTTP-API

read thru that and you'll find what I'm talking about.

Umcisou, so you're still controlling the xbox thru the web interface you just don't have all the feedback stuff. Looks good, I think I'll add it to my xbox. Sometimes the one I'm using gets locked up since it's so complicated. I'll let you know what I think when I get the time to install and try it out.

J
@jjchambers

I tried the newer version of your app and while it looks much prettier there is no way to scroll if the list of items extends past the screen. Figured you might want to know that Wink
Rand Al Thor Wrote:@jjchambers

I tried the newer version of your app and while it looks much prettier there is no way to scroll if the list of items extends past the screen. Figured you might want to know that Wink

You're talking about the text that extends past the screen to the right, correct? I did it that way so I wouldn't have a scroll bar on the bottom taking up valuable screen space. There should be enough room/text characters to figure out what you're looking at right?

J
no, I am actually talking about scrolling down. I have a couple hundred albums in my music section but I only get access to the first 5ish that fit on the screen at once. I am running xbmc linux compiled yesterday (i can get exact svn if you need it).I agree with your decision to limit characters though Wink Cheers.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:no, I am actually talking about scrolling down. I have a couple hundred albums in my music section but I only get access to the first 5ish that fit on the screen at once. I am running xbmc linux compiled yesterday (i can get exact svn if you need it).I agree with your decision to limit characters though Wink Cheers.

That is odd. I don't have any problems with my vertical scrolling but my build is a couple months old. I'm also accessing my original xbox directly, not a linux xbmc computer.... is that what your doing, or are you accessing the xbox box itself?

Now that I think about it I was messing with the scroll bar options and may have a value that only works for firefox and not IE... but you're using your N800 so it shouldn't be any different..... What version of OS are you using on your N800? Did you try adjusting the screen zoom and unselect the "fit to screen" option, I think that's what it's called....

Let me know.

J
I just tested it on my Nokia n810 and its works very well on both landscape and portrait

Thanks Again
mine is actually the 770, that could be something to do with it. I have tried zooming in/out etc. No dice.
Here is a new release of the remote with now support for smartphones. In consequence the project name is now "Touchscreen Remote".

With this support, I hope more users would be able to use the remote. I've tested on my HTC Touch.

If you have a smartphone and have tried this version, please post a feedback in order to make an up to date compatibility list.

Changelog v.02 :
- NEW : support for smartphones
Minimum requirements : resolution 240*320 and Wifi
- FIX BUG n°1 : The remote fits now well on the nokia 770 (fullscreen)
- CHANGED : The icon of the "menu" button is now more evident

Download :
Touchscreen-remote-v.02.zip

List of known bugs :
- BUG n°2 : volume up and volume down don't work
Fix by jmarshall on revision r15657
- BUG n°3 : Problem while opening a new dialog window (e.g. Info, Context, Favourites)
See this thread

Many thanks to jmarshall and shaitan.

PS : Is it possible to edit the first post and the title of the thread ?
This is awesome, I orginally bought my 770 hoping to use it to control my htpc. There is a program to do it with ms media center but that thing is a turd. I am going to dig out the 770 and give these a whirl.

Thank you

once again.
@umcisou

New version works great! Here are my impressions. Perhaps instead of "menu" the button could be a "home" button, ie have a little house on it? When i think of menu i think of bring up the context menu, not going back to the Main Menu. I know you are trying to get the Info button working. That seems to be the only button missing. Last thing, the height is now perfect on my 770. The width is still a tad too big. If I slide the slider all the way to the right it lines up perfect. Ie i think everything can be scooted a bit to toward the left hand side of the screen. Obviously, this is NOT a big deal. The thing works flawlessly and after recompiling volume up/down work as well. Thanks again for the great app. Cheers.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Perhaps instead of "menu" the button could be a "home" button, ie have a little house on it?

I see what you mean and I think you're right. Something like that :

Rand Al Thor Wrote:the height is now perfect on my 770. The width is still a tad too big.
Are you in fullscreen ?
The Button is perfect, should clear up some confusion. Yes, I am in fullscreen. Cheers. Thanks again.
this works on my iphone also, if i turn it to widescreen, some of the buttons are a little small, but it works great.
miamiwice Wrote:this works on my iphone also, if i turn it to widescreen, some of the buttons are a little small, but it works great.

Thanks for the feedback. Are you running the version for smartphone o for tablet ?
for the tablet, ill try the smartphone one this weekend if i get a chance, and maybe the one for the nokia 800. thanks for the app

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nokia Internet Tablet (770/N800/N810) - Touchscreen remote for XBMC0