Nokia Internet Tablet (770/N800/N810) - Touchscreen remote for XBMC
Here is a new release of the Touchscreen remote with a new system based on an emulation of some keys of the gamepad, a global improvement of performances and some new buttons.

It's available for both tablet and smartphone.

In my opinion there isn't more bugs, so I consider v.03 as the first stable release of the Touchscreen remote.

Changelog for Touchscreen-remote v.03 :

- CHANGED : New system based on an emulation of some keys of the gamepad
For example in Fullscreenvideo : Right = StepForward (30 seconds later) ; Left = StepBack (30 seconds before)
In Slideshow : Up = ZoomIn ; Down = ZoomOut
See the gamepad section in keymap.xml for more informations
- CHANGED : Gloabl improvement of the performances (no latencies)
- CHANGED : Reorganization of the control section
"Play", "Pause" and "Stop" are more contrasted
- CHANGED : The "Menu" button is now a "Home" button with an approriate icon

- NEW : "Context" button wich opens the contextual menu (like the white button in the gamepad)
- NEW : "OSD" button
- NEW : "Visualization" button (like the X button in the gamepad)
While music playing it opens the visualization mode
While video playing it allows to browse XBMC without closing the video

- FIXED BUG n°3 : Problem while opening a new dialog window (e.g. Info, Context, Favorites)
- The correction of volume up and volume down is active in Atlantis beta 2

Download :

Touchscreen-remote-v.03.zip
can you post some updated screenshots?

Thanks!

J
Very Nice! I will try it today and let you know how it goes!
jjchambers Wrote:can you post some updated screenshots?

Thanks!

J

Real size (800*480)
thanks! Looks good, I'll give it a try tonight.

J
Just loaded it up, tried it and it works good. My only minor complaint is the buttons are a little small and packed together. It doesn't matter if you're using your stylus, but I like using my fingers. It looks like you have some room to increase the size of some of those icons and space them out a bit. The left side arrows and center button are perfect. The top row is a good size but could be spaced farther apart and the rest of the buttons on the right side could be increased and spaced out. The mute button worked for me but not the volume up or down. No big deal though, and don't ask me what rev of xbmc I'm running b/c I don't know/too lazy to look right now.

Just my opinion, otherwise it looks good and works great!

J
Great Product!!!! I use it on a Nokia 770 and run xbmc beta 2 from the ubuntu repositories. Everything is great, especially the Contextual Menus and VOLUME!!!!! Only issue is i get a scroll bar at the bottom. It is just a touch over sized for the 770. Otherwise it is fantastic.

JKing
jjchambers Wrote:It looks like you have some room to increase the size of some of those icons and space them out a bit. Just my opinion, otherwise it looks good and works great!
J

I will work to improve that point in a next realease.

jking2100 Wrote:Only issue is i get a scroll bar at the bottom. It is just a touch over sized for the 770. Otherwise it is fantastic.
JKing

Thanks.

It's weird because I ask to an owner of 770 and he's got this result in fullscreen (no scroll bar at the bottom). Which OS are you using ?

Oh Crap. It has been so long since I have picked it up I cannot remember. I want to say it is os2006 but if that is the stock then it is os2007 as I know I upgraded the os the same day I bought it off of w00t. I am also using the integrated browser as opposed to minimo as I cannot find the binary anywhere.

Oh and I am a complete dunce. Apparently I had zoomed in while crapper surfing. I now have no scroll bars sorry for the false alarm. I am officially old now yesterday was my 30th birthday. I was having a Senior Moment.

JKing
I own a N800, wil try this one for sure.
Hi,

I have a nokia n770 (os2008), so now I would like to have the same soft but wuth screen tv off. I would like to play songs without to switch on TV.

is there a future evolution for that ?

Thanks
Go to post #12 and I've posted a link to a version that you can use with out turning on your tv. If you go up a couple posts you can get to the link for the thread that has screen shots.

J
jeepcook Wrote:Hi,

I have a nokia n770 (os2008), so now I would like to have the same soft but wuth screen tv off. I would like to play songs without to switch on TV.

is there a future evolution for that ?

Thanks

I'm working on an evolution with some new feautures : browse and play your music and now playing.

So you will be able to use it with your TV off.

I will post about it as soon as possible.
umcisou Wrote:I'm working on an evolution with some new feautures : browse and play your music and now playing.

So you will be able to use it with your TV off.

I will post about it as soon as possible.

Are you going to have cd / dvd cover art in your now playing?

That would be cool.

J
jjchambers Wrote:Are you going to have cd / dvd cover art in your now playing?

That would be cool.

J

yes very cool !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nokia Internet Tablet (770/N800/N810) - Touchscreen remote for XBMC0