Mem Leak on E2 device using OATV 7.3 when Kodi is connected using PVR.Enigma2 Client
Hello everyone.

I have an "Octagon SF8008 Twin" and an "AXAS HIS4K Combo".
I use Kodi 20.1 with PVR Client Enigma2 on multiple devices ( Windows 10 x64/x86 and Libreelec 11 with OrangePi2 )
I used OpenATV 7.0 on both of my E2 boxes and everything worked flawelessly ( for months ).
The E2 boxes worked 24/7 without any memory leaks, slowdowns or auto reboots.

Ever since I migrated to OpenATV 7.3 on both of the E2 boxes I can detect a memory leak that kills the box in a mather of 5-8 hours.
But ONLY if I connect to them with Kodi ( over OpenWebif 2.0.6 ).
This happens on both the E2 Boxes ( a made a clean install using NO aditional addon except OSCAM emu ).
Both boxes are installed and set up 99% the same and are updated to the same OpenATV 7.3 version.
The problem appeared on Octagon ( since that is the E2 box that I use with ALL my Kodi instances ).
But when I tried connecting to AXAS the same memory leak appeared there too ( but it was even faster to kill the box ( 2-3 hours )
If I do not connect to Enigma with Kodi there is no memory leak, and the Boxes can run for days as on OpenATV 7.0

Anybody connecting to OpenATV 7.3 ( OpenWebif 2.0.6 ) with PVR Clien Enigma2 from Kodi installation to test/confirm/deny ?

( I asked the sam question on OpenATV forum ... waiting for any answer )

Thanks for any feedback ...
I had a memory leak issue previously, where the OpenWebIf project created a workaround. The leak was in OpenVix around reading the movielist.

You could check if the issue persists with no recordings on the device.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
I have read about that isue during my google search marathon ... Tried multiple Webif configurationas and installations without any success.

I think I pinpointed the problem ...

Under Kodi - Settings - TV - Guide - Update interval was set to 15 min
( I don know why, everything worked for months with all the other enigma2 images I used/tried )
Since multiple Kodi instances were connected to OpenATV simultaneously ( 3 to 5 ) this might be a lot of EPG requests ...

I changed it to 720 min ( on all Kodi installations ), and now OpenATV 7.3 is not slowing down, memory usage is normal ( more then 500MB free all the time )

I will monitor it for the next few days ... and report back.
Ok, that is probably the best outcome here. So it’s really running out of memory. Much better than having to track down a real memory leak.
Happy to report that my issue is resolved ... Both boxes ( Axas and Octagon ) are running 24/7 on OATV 7.3 without any problems now.
Excellent!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mem Leak on E2 device using OATV 7.3 when Kodi is connected using PVR.Enigma2 Client0