• 2(current)
v20 Copacetic for Kodi Nexus (v20) - From the official repo
Thank you for the changes, will try them out right away.
Hi there,

Thanks a lot for a great looking skin. I have been using this as my default for a while not but I can't get the extra media information to work.
When I for example go to the cast of a movie and select one of the actors it tells me "No results found".
Is there an addon I am missing or something else?
(2023-06-16, 08:21)bodiug Wrote: Hi there,

Thanks a lot for a great looking skin. I have been using this as my default for a while not but I can't get the extra media information to work.
When I for example go to the cast of a movie and select one of the actors it tells me "No results found".

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Regarding the extra info, clicking on an actor thumbnail uses the built-in action, which is to open a dialog with other entries they have in your local database. If you're not getting any results, are you using a plugin source for your content?

Alternatively, if you press down on a specific actor, it should show a widget of their other stuff. Again, if the media is local in your library, it will just look up other local media they are credited on. But if you are using a plugin, it will try to use TMDB Helper to look up their credits. I haven't made TMDB Helper a required addon for the skin, but if you have it installed, it should work. As for the click action, I can look at over-riding that if the media is from a pluginsource, or having a skin setting to choose whether info screen widgets are populated using local content or a third-party addon like TMDB Helper (if it is installed on your system). 

Let me know if this would be helpful
(2023-06-19, 11:48)realcopacetic Wrote:

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Regarding the extra info, clicking on an actor thumbnail uses the built-in action, which is to open a dialog with other entries they have in your local database. If you're not getting any results, are you using a plugin source for your content?

Alternatively, if you press down on a specific actor, it should show a widget of their other stuff. Again, if the media is local in your library, it will just look up other local media they are credited on. But if you are using a plugin, it will try to use TMDB Helper to look up their credits. I haven't made TMDB Helper a required addon for the skin, but if you have it installed, it should work. As for the click action, I can look at over-riding that if the media is from a pluginsource, or having a skin setting to choose whether info screen widgets are populated using local content or a third-party addon like TMDB Helper (if it is installed on your system). 

Ah, thanks for the information. I do have TMDB Helper installed, but didn't get any results. I did see the side bar hint that I should press down though, but nothing happened.
But when I use the TMDB Helper addon itself to browse something it does give me the results. Which is already great. It just doesn't work from other addons it seems.

Making the click action work would be appreciated. I don't currently have a local library.
(2023-06-19, 16:03)bodiug Wrote:
(2023-06-19, 11:48)realcopacetic Wrote:

Ah, thanks for the information. I do have TMDB Helper installed, but didn't get any results. I did see the side bar hint that I should press down though, but nothing happened.
But when I use the TMDB Helper addon itself to browse something it does give me the results. Which is already great. It just doesn't work from other addons it seems.

Making the click action work would be appreciated. I don't currently have a local library.
OK, let me look at that. I only use local so I haven't done extensive testing on plugin content, but I know that's fairly common usage these days so will look into this
(2023-06-20, 10:59)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2023-06-19, 16:03)bodiug Wrote:
(2023-06-19, 11:48)realcopacetic Wrote: Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Regarding the extra info, clicking on an actor thumbnail uses the built-in action, which is to open a dialog with other entries they have in your local database. If you're not getting any results, are you using a plugin source for your content?

OK, let me look at that. I only use local so I haven't done extensive testing on plugin content, but I know that's fairly common usage these days so will look into this
Thanks a lot for looking into this. I did find another way that might work in the mean time. TMDB Helper also offers library integration. If that works it would be a nice alternative.

I do have another question. I installed the Radio Paradise addon which has the option to also show a nice slideshow. This doesn't work with Copacetic but it does work with the default Estuary skin. Do you have an idea why it wouldn't work? It only show the Waveform visualization and nothing else.
(2023-06-21, 09:16)bodiug Wrote:
(2023-06-20, 10:59)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2023-06-19, 16:03)bodiug Wrote: Ah, thanks for the information. I do have TMDB Helper installed, but didn't get any results. I did see the side bar hint that I should press down though, but nothing happened.

Thanks a lot for looking into this. I did find another way that might work in the mean time. TMDB Helper also offers library integration. If that works it would be a nice alternative.

I do have another question. I installed the Radio Paradise addon which has the option to also show a nice slideshow. This doesn't work with Copacetic but it does work with the default Estuary skin. Do you have an idea why it wouldn't work? It only show the Waveform visualization and nothing else.
Not sure, I'll have to look into it, some addons require custom skin files or it may be something I've set up wrong. Will let you know once I've had a chance to evaluate.
Very nice looking skin. Trying it out now. How do you set the custom widget path? I've chosen custom in the widget menu but all it does is show custom as the label. No path options appear when choosing it. It's just listed as custom. There are also two '+' characters next to the 'x' on the bottom right of that custom widget window that aren't selectable.
(2023-06-23, 01:40)mmanuxx Wrote: Very nice looking skin. Trying it out now. How do you set the custom widget path? I've chosen custom in the widget menu but all it does is show custom as the label. No path options appear when choosing it. It's just listed as custom. There are also two '+' characters next to the 'x' on the bottom right of that custom widget window that aren't selectable.

Hi, thanks, will check out the issue with the + icons. Regarding the custom, you need to click on the eye to expand the options for the widget. I recently changed that screen and agree it's not intuitive. Potentially I will look at expanding the widget options as soon as you change the widget. Thanks for raising though, good feedback on how I can improve usability
Hi, sorry for the no doubt dumb question, but I tried installing Kodi 20 onto a Shield from the app store. Then I went straight to Interface to try to add Copacetic, and it says -

'The dependency on resource.fonts.copacetic version 1.0.3 could not be satisfied.'

Any thoughts please ?
(2023-06-30, 01:53)arrbee99 Wrote: Hi, sorry for the no doubt dumb question, but I tried installing Kodi 20 onto a Shield from the app store. Then I went straight to Interface to try to add Copacetic, and it says -

'The dependency on resource.fonts.copacetic version 1.0.3 could not be satisfied.'

Any thoughts please ?

maybe try the instructions on the first post?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=373114
Thanks, but I don't see a lot of instructions in the first post. Does that mean I shouldn't be just adding Copacetic from within Kodi at all ? Doesn't that count as the official Kodi repository ?
(2023-06-30, 02:55)arrbee99 Wrote: Thanks, but I don't see a lot of instructions in the first post. Does that mean I shouldn't be just adding Copacetic from within Kodi at all ? Doesn't that count as the official Kodi repository ?

(2023-05-12, 23:09)realcopacetic Wrote: Installation instructions:

You can download Copacetic from the official Kodi repository as long as you are on v20 (Nexus). I recommend everyone use this version unless...

1. You need CJK language support or
  2. You want quicker access to iterative bug fixes and updates.
In either of these cases, you can download the most recent development version of the skin from my repository by following the instructions below:
  1. Add the location of my repository as a source in File Manager: https://realcopacetic.github.io
  2. Go to Addonbrowser and install from zip. Choose the new source and install the zip file.
  3. Now go to the repo and install Copacetic. In the info screen you can set it to automatically update
so, if from the kodi repo doesnt work use the one for this skin is the way i read that
Thanks. I think I've done most of it, but how do I actually run it ? If I look it shows up, auto-updates enabled, uninstall enabled, but Run and Configure greyed out.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic for Kodi Nexus (v20) - From the official repo0