• 3(current)
v20 Copacetic for Kodi Nexus (v20) - From the official repo
you dont 'run' skins you apply them from settings

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Change_skins
That's what I thought, but under Interface > Skins etc I only get the two defaults showing up.
After a bit more exploring I found where to install version 1.1.3 (I think). When I try to it says -

The following additional add-ons will be installed

Skin Shortcuts
Copacetic Extra Fonts
Waveform
Copacetic Helper

But underneath Copacetic Extra Fonts it says 'Minimum 1.0.3 / Not Available'

So when I try to install it says in the top right corner 'The dependency on resource.fonts.copacetic 1.0.3 could not be satisfied.'

I guess that doesn't help...
Really liking this skin. Using v1.1.3. I've tried a few minimalists skins in the past and this is definitely the best implementation I've tried. It's fast, efficient and elegant. Couldn't find an issues tab to file RFE's and Bugs @the github page, so I'll just list here for now.

Home page:
RFE for circular navigation for the menu instead of having to click back multiple times to get to the "top".

Widgets:
RFE: Really need more than 9. If you really insist on a finite amount then give us at least 20. 9 total is not nearly enough. I use several rows per addon such as Hulu, Paramount+, Amazon, skin helper widgets, PVR paths etc... I navigate primarily via widgets. Love that as soon as Kodi starts I can just click up and down for my content already focused, similar to major streaming apps.

PVR:
BUG: I saw that you're planning to add support for this in the future, But until then there is a bug that effects other skins. When using a keyboard shortcut to navigate to pvr windows (channels, recordings, timers) it goes to a blank page obviously because there's no xml file, but that also seems to wipe away settings used by others skins during that kodi session. So after switching to a different skin from copacetic, those pvr windows/locations are void of content in that other skin until a restart. I think an xml place holder file with applicable settings needs to be there until full PVR functionality is implemented. This may be true for others sections without xml files, such as weather but I haven't checked.

OSD:
BUG: When accessing an OSD window such as video OSD settings directly from a keyboard shortcut (via keymap editor), it's very dimmed, barely readable. When accessing from your OSD button, it's not.
RFE: Skip step/seeking numerical and bar reference. Something similar to your RW/FF OSD would be nice perhaps optioned in the customizations settings section. Could also just be added to the seek bar since the bar appears when skip stepping anyway. Right now I'm navigating blindly when clicking the directional buttons multiple times.
RFE or BUG (not sure): Transparency for some OSD windows. Mainly the video processing OSD. It takes up half the screen and is completely opaque. Somewhat jarring especially since most of the OSD windows have transparency. Couple others I notced that are opaque are the zoom amount OSD and subtitle delay OSD. If the opaque OSD windows/dialogs are intentional, then I guess it's an RFE.

Video Library:
BUG: Auto trailer for TV Shows doesn't work. Works fine for Movies. I doubled checked that it's set to "on".

Thanks again for this skin.
Thought I'd try running Copacetic on my PC so I can at least see what it looks like. Downloaded Kodi straight from website, install, go to skins, get more, add Copacetic, and guess what, the same trouble with the same font thing as the Shield.
(2023-07-01, 00:43)arrbee99 Wrote: Thought I'd try running Copacetic on my PC so I can at least see what it looks like. Downloaded Kodi straight from website, install, go to skins, get more, add Copacetic, and guess what, the same trouble with the same font thing as the Shield.

Sorry about that. This is a mistake on my part, I accidentally updated the requirement for the addon fonts to 1.0.3 which is currently only available in my repository and not the official Kodi repository. I've submitted a fix but in the meantime, if you would still like to try the skin please do one of the following:
- Install my repository via the instructions in the first post and then install v 1.0.3 of resource.fonts.copacetic.
- Navigate to your addons folder and in the addon.xml for skin.copacetic, you can manually edit the version number under <requires> for resource.fonts.copacetic to 1.0.2. Once the update is pushed to the official repo, it will you shouldn't need to think about this again. Apologies for the inconvenience.
(2023-06-30, 09:59)mmanuxx Wrote: Really liking this skin. Using v1.1.3. I've tried a few minimalists skins in the past and this is definitely the best implementation I've tried. It's fast, efficient and elegant. Couldn't find an issues tab to file RFE's and Bugs @the github page, so I'll just list here for now.

Home page:
RFE for circular navigation for the menu instead of having to click back multiple times to get to the "top".

Widgets:
RFE: Really need more than 9. If you really insist on a finite amount then give us at least 20. 9 total is not nearly enough. I use several rows per addon such as Hulu, Paramount+, Amazon, skin helper widgets, PVR paths etc... I navigate primarily via widgets. Love that as soon as Kodi starts I can just click up and down for my content already focused, similar to major streaming apps.

PVR:
BUG: I saw that you're planning to add support for this in the future, But until then there is a bug that effects other skins. When using a keyboard shortcut to navigate to pvr windows (channels, recordings, timers) it goes to a blank page obviously because there's no xml file, but that also seems to wipe away settings used by others skins during that kodi session. So after switching to a different skin from copacetic, those pvr windows/locations are void of content in that other skin until a restart. I think an xml place holder file with applicable settings needs to be there until full PVR functionality is implemented. This may be true for others sections without xml files, such as weather but I haven't checked.

OSD:
BUG: When accessing an OSD window such as video OSD settings directly from a keyboard shortcut (via keymap editor), it's very dimmed, barely readable. When accessing from your OSD button, it's not.
RFE: Skip step/seeking numerical and bar reference. Something similar to your RW/FF OSD would be nice perhaps optioned in the customizations settings section. Could also just be added to the seek bar since the bar appears when skip stepping anyway. Right now I'm navigating blindly when clicking the directional buttons multiple times.
RFE or BUG (not sure): Transparency for some OSD windows. Mainly the video processing OSD. It takes up half the screen and is completely opaque. Somewhat jarring especially since most of the OSD windows have transparency. Couple others I notced that are opaque are the zoom amount OSD and subtitle delay OSD. If the opaque OSD windows/dialogs are intentional, then I guess it's an RFE.

Video Library:
BUG: Auto trailer for TV Shows doesn't work. Works fine for Movies. I doubled checked that it's set to "on".

Thanks again for this skin.
Thanks for the feedback, it's really helpful. During the beta there wasn't much interest so I was mainly fixing what I could find myself, but now that a few more people are trying this out, it's certainly helpful seeing things involving different use cases. I've enabled issues on the github page for the skin as well for any future bugs/requests. I'll add these ones you listed here as I have some of my own to add anyway.

Just two questions.

Re home page circular navigation... Do you mean when pushing up/down to scroll through the menu and the widgets? This should indeed be circular. If it's not working for you it's probably a typo in one of my variables. Somewhat related to your issue with the number of widgets, the reason I stopped at 9 for the moment is that each one introduced 100s of iterative variables so it's a bit of a PITA. But you're not the only person to ask for more so I'll look into it. Anyway, regarding the issue with navigation, if indeed it's that is what you mean and it's not working as intended, can you let me know where it's getting stuck? And if it's not moving from the last widget to the home menu on a down press, is your last widget number 9? This will just help me to narrow down where the bug is. 

Video library - Auto trailer for TV shows. Are you on Gridview? I just noticed it doesn't work on that view. Think it was from a previous design I had for it where the video played within the layout (like on Netflix) and so didn't really make sense for this view. But then I decided to make the playback fullscreen, but I think I didn't add Grid back in. Will have a look at it
(2023-07-02, 23:56)realcopacetic Wrote: Thanks for the feedback, it's really helpful. During the beta there wasn't much interest so I was mainly fixing what I could find myself, but now that a few more people are trying this out, it's certainly helpful seeing things involving different use cases. I've enabled issues on the github page for the skin as well for any future bugs/requests. I'll add these ones you listed here as I have some of my own to add anyway.

Just two questions.

Re home page circular navigation... Do you mean when pushing up/down to scroll through the menu and the widgets? This should indeed be circular. If it's not working for you it's probably a typo in one of my variables. Somewhat related to your issue with the number of widgets, the reason I stopped at 9 for the moment is that each one introduced 100s of iterative variables so it's a bit of a PITA. But you're not the only person to ask for more so I'll look into it. Anyway, regarding the issue with navigation, if indeed it's that is what you mean and it's not working as intended, can you let me know where it's getting stuck? And if it's not moving from the last widget to the home menu on a down press, is your last widget number 9? This will just help me to narrow down where the bug is. 

Video library - Auto trailer for TV shows. Are you on Gridview? I just noticed it doesn't work on that view. Think it was from a previous design I had for it where the video played within the layout (like on Netflix) and so didn't really make sense for this view. But then I decided to make the playback fullscreen, but I think I didn't add Grid back in. Will have a look at it
RFE is for circular MENU navigation. Circular widget navigation (up/down) works fine and speedy. Perhaps I'm using the wrong term, but when you get to your last horizontal menu item, automatically circling to the top/first menu item when clicking the right button and vice versa is what I mean. BTW circular widget row(horizontal) navigation would be convenient too  Smile

I tried with all views where auto trailer is optioned in the side menu. It isn't an option in grid view. Movies it works on all trailer optioned views. TV Shows it doesn't. I noticed that in the information window for the TV Shows, 'trailer' is not an option as it is in Movie information windows. Does this feature depend on a particular addon script? Like extended info or something that may include a trailer option for TV Shows?
(2023-07-02, 23:34)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2023-07-01, 00:43)arrbee99 Wrote: Thought I'd try running Copacetic on my PC so I can at least see what it looks like. Downloaded Kodi straight from website, install, go to skins, get more, add Copacetic, and guess what, the same trouble with the same font thing as the Shield.

Sorry about that. This is a mistake on my part, I accidentally updated the requirement for the addon fonts to 1.0.3 which is currently only available in my repository and not the official Kodi repository. I've submitted a fix but in the meantime, if you would still like to try the skin please do one of the following:
- Install my repository via the instructions in the first post and then install v 1.0.3 of resource.fonts.copacetic.
- Navigate to your addons folder and in the addon.xml for skin.copacetic, you can manually edit the version number under <requires> for resource.fonts.copacetic to 1.0.2. Once the update is pushed to the official repo, it will you shouldn't need to think about this again. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Thanks for the info. I'll probably have to wait for the update. I break too many things otherwise...
(2023-07-03, 02:10)mmanuxx Wrote:
(2023-07-02, 23:56)realcopacetic Wrote: Thanks for the feedback, it's really helpful. During the beta there wasn't much interest so I was mainly fixing what I could find myself, but now that a few more people are trying this out, it's certainly helpful seeing things involving different use cases. I've enabled issues on the github page for the skin as well for any future bugs/requests. I'll add these ones you listed here as I have some of my own to add anyway.

Just two questions.

RFE is for circular MENU navigation. Circular widget navigation (up/down) works fine and speedy. Perhaps I'm using the wrong term, but when you get to your last horizontal menu item, automatically circling to the top/first menu item when clicking the right button and vice versa is what I mean. BTW circular widget row(horizontal) navigation would be convenient too  Smile

I tried with all views where auto trailer is optioned in the side menu. It isn't an option in grid view. Movies it works on all trailer optioned views. TV Shows it doesn't. I noticed that in the information window for the TV Shows, 'trailer' is not an option as it is in Movie information windows. Does this feature depend on a particular addon script? Like extended info or something that may include a trailer option for TV Shows?

OK adding the wrap around for menu and widgets is very easy. That will be live shortly in my repo and probably in the next week or so on Kodi's official forum. Widget limit will take a bit longer, but due to how they are built, I will have to have a finite amount. Are you aware of skins that don't have this limitation? I would be interested to figure out if there is a way for the required variables to be created dynamically as widgets are added.

Regarding tv show trailers, it's working fine for me. If you don't see the trailer in the info screen, do you definitely have trailer sources scraped for your tv shows? Do they work in Confluence?
(2023-07-03, 21:34)arrbee99 Wrote:
(2023-07-02, 23:34)realcopacetic Wrote:

Thanks for the info. I'll probably have to wait for the update. I break too many things otherwise...
sure no problems, I'll let you know when the official repo is updated
(2023-07-06, 16:10)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2023-07-03, 21:34)arrbee99 Wrote:
(2023-07-02, 23:34)realcopacetic Wrote: Sorry about that. This is a mistake on my part, I accidentally updated the requirement for the addon fonts to 1.0.3 which is currently only available in my repository and not the official Kodi repository. I've submitted a fix but in the meantime, if you would still like to try the skin please do one of the following:
Thanks again. I was kind of wondering. Presumed the version number would change...
(2023-07-06, 16:09)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2023-07-03, 02:10)mmanuxx Wrote:  
OK adding the wrap around for menu and widgets is very easy. That will be live shortly in my repo and probably in the next week or so on Kodi's official forum. Widget limit will take a bit longer, but due to how they are built, I will have to have a finite amount. Are you aware of skins that don't have this limitation? I would be interested to figure out if there is a way for the required variables to be created dynamically as widgets are added.

Regarding tv show trailers, it's working fine for me. If you don't see the trailer in the info screen, do you definitely have trailer sources scraped for your tv shows? Do they work in Confluence?
Most skins seem to tie the widgets to a menu item and have a certain number of widgets per menu item so then the total number of widgets is limited only if there is a menu item limitation.

Titan is a Netflix like skin that doesn't appear to have a finite menu number and 8 widgets per menu item but also allows you to scroll through all of the widgets without clicking the menu items first. Used to be in Kodi's repo back in v18. It`s still maintained in MOD form for Matrix & Nexus in the forums. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=355993

The only other skin that I have experience using that like yours doesn`t link widgets with menu items, is Embuary which I'm sure you're familiar with. That appears to have a finite number of 29. Not sure why they didn`t just make it and even 30.  Smile

Regarding TV Show trailers, not sure what you mean. How do I go about scraping trailer sources for TV Shows if there's no trailer reference to scrape for in information? I looked in kodi media settings. Didn't see trailer options. The trailer reference for TV Shows in information doesn't appear in any skin I have including Estuary and Confluence, except Titan which adds that plus a few other bits to its information window.
(2023-07-07, 02:35)arrbee99 Wrote:
(2023-07-06, 16:10)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2023-07-03, 21:34)arrbee99 Wrote: Thanks for the info. I'll probably have to wait for the update. I break too many things otherwise...
Thanks again. I was kind of wondering. Presumed the version number would change...

Thanks, I'll investigate those examples when I have some time and in the meantime I can increase the limit.

Regarding the trailers it will only show the option if a trailer source is being scraped. You should be able to configure this in your scraper settings. If you're unable to play TV show trailers in confluence as well then it probably means that no trailer has been scraped (if you export your library as xmls, there should be a <trailer> tag with YouTube id). But if it works in confluence then it's probably a problem on copacetic end.
Re: trailers. Thanks for explaining that. I've used TVDB as my scraper for a while now because a few years ago TMDB didnt do a complete job of scraping my TV Shows. TVDB doesnt have a trailer option so thats why I wasnt seeing it. Switched back to TMDB shows scraper and trailer option is there. Tested with Copacetic and auto trailer works now.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic for Kodi Nexus (v20) - From the official repo0