• 5(current)
v20 Copacetic for Kodi Nexus (v20) - From the official repo
Thanks. I'll see how far I get with the smart playlists. Docos in Emby all show up in one item / playlist, but its actually collection of several folders on different drives on the main PC, just like my Movies show up as one item / playlist from a collection of a few dozen movie folders on different drives. Maybe non of this matters on Kodi, soon find out.

Summary just means the summary of what the movie is about, so for Avatar it says 'Enter the world of Pandora. In the 22nd century, a paraplegic Marine is dispatched to the moon Pandora on a unique mission, but becomes torn between following orders and protecting an alien civilization.'
(2023-07-24, 09:49)arrbee99 Wrote: Thanks. I'll see how far I get with the smart playlists. Docos in Emby all show up in one item / playlist, but its actually collection of several folders on different drives on the main PC, just like my Movies show up as one item / playlist from a collection of a few dozen movie folders on different drives. Maybe non of this matters on Kodi, soon find out.

Summary just means the summary of what the movie is about, so for Avatar it says 'Enter the world of Pandora. In the 22nd century, a paraplegic Marine is dispatched to the moon Pandora on a unique mission, but becomes torn between following orders and protecting an alien civilization.'
Playlists - There are lots of different ways you can choose what goes into the smart playlist. Path is just one option, but have a look through what's available and hopefully there'll be something that works well for your use case such as genre or tag: https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists/R..._groupings. But the menu in Copacetic should be pretty flexible as it uses Skin Shortcuts, which I think is the standard on this. So if you had it figured out how to create the divide you need in other skins, it should be possible here too.

Summary: Ok yes, that should be available for all views except List and Grid (because of space considerations). You can toggle it on and off for movies, tv shows, episodes etc by bringing up the hidden options menu when you're in your library (e.g. press down if you are in a horizontal scrolling view and you may need of press a couple of times to cycle to the menu as it will first focus the scrollbar). Once you see this menu, you want to go to details and cycle through to 'Title and Plot' or 'All' - those two should include the summary you're looking for.

I tried the skin and it looks great, although have two problems, one is a feature i can't see the youtube thumbnails in grid view, the only way to see the thumbnail is in billboard, other views show either youtube logo or the channel logo or even nothing at all depending on addon settings. The other problem is a bug i guess that every item I add to power menu does not open a new window (for example favourites or file manager) settings and power off work thou :/ I'm using kodi Nexus
(2023-07-25, 13:52)Kkamer Wrote: I tried the skin and it looks great, although have two problems, one is a feature i can't see the youtube thumbnails in grid view, the only way to see the thumbnail is in billboard, other views show either youtube logo or the channel logo or even nothing at all depending on addon settings. The other problem is a bug i guess that every item I add to power menu does not open a new window (for example favourites or file manager) settings and power off work thou :/ I'm using kodi Nexus

I'll check YouTube thumbnails, not sure why they're not showing up.

Power menu I'll have to check as well. I have add-ons in mine and it's working fine. Let me check these and come back to you
Thank you for looking into this.
By the way when i click on anything other that Night or Settings on the shutdown menu i get this log:

T:3770     info <general>: Activate of window '10025' refused because there are active modal dialogs
(2023-07-27, 15:13)Kkamer Wrote: Thank you for looking into this.
By the way when i click on anything other that Night or Settings on the shutdown menu i get this log:

T:3770     info <general>: Activate of window '10025' refused because there are active modal dialogs

Thanks. Will investigate. I opened an issue on GitHub here: https://github.com/realcopacetic/skin.co.../issues/25
Any idea what the quit kodi short key command is? Using a harmony remote, used to be just ‘S enter’ but that just takes you to a pre exit menu. Tried changing things in the shutdown menu but no joy.
(2023-07-28, 16:26)Tennyten Wrote: Any idea what the quit kodi short key command is? Using a harmony remote, used to be just ‘S enter’ but that just takes you to a pre exit menu. Tried changing things in the shutdown menu but no joy.

'S' brings up the power menu, you can customize this as you like, or the main menu in the home screen. To add an exit shortcut go to Settings > Copacetic > General > Menus and then go into the menu you want to change. Add a new shortcut and when choosing what it does you'll find the option to quit kodi under Common shortcuts
(2023-07-25, 13:52)Kkamer Wrote: I tried the skin and it looks great, although have two problems, one is a feature i can't see the youtube thumbnails in grid view, the only way to see the thumbnail is in billboard, other views show either youtube logo or the channel logo or even nothing at all depending on addon settings. The other problem is a bug i guess that every item I add to power menu does not open a new window (for example favourites or file manager) settings and power off work thou :/ I'm using kodi Nexus

Hi, I haven't had an opportunity to test Youtube thumbnails yet, but on the power menu issue, I've been unable to replicate this behaviour on several devices.

The menus are created using the addon skin.shortcuts. Judging by the error message you posted, something else is opening windows and interfering with its ability to activate a new window, 10025 being videos. Do you see the same issue when adding menu items in other skins that use skin.shortcuts, such as Arctic Horizon? If so, it might point to an error in skin.shortcuts and you might want to try updating it/reinstalling it.

It might also be worth looking into any other active addons you have and disabling them one at a time to see if they are causing the creation of active modal dialogs.

xml:

(2023-06-19, 16:03)bodiug Wrote:
(2023-06-19, 11:48)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2023-06-16, 08:21)bodiug Wrote: Hi there,

Thanks a lot for a great looking skin. I have been using this as my default for a while not but I can't get the extra media information to work.
When I for example go to the cast of a movie and select one of the actors it tells me "No results found".
Is there an addon I am missing or something else?

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Regarding the extra info, clicking on an actor thumbnail uses the built-in action, which is to open a dialog with other entries they have in your local database. If you're not getting any results, are you using a plugin source for your content?

Alternatively, if you press down on a specific actor, it should show a widget of their other stuff. Again, if the media is local in your library, it will just look up other local media they are credited on. But if you are using a plugin, it will try to use TMDB Helper to look up their credits. I haven't made TMDB Helper a required addon for the skin, but if you have it installed, it should work. As for the click action, I can look at over-riding that if the media is from a pluginsource, or having a skin setting to choose whether info screen widgets are populated using local content or a third-party addon like TMDB Helper (if it is installed on your system). 

Let me know if this would be helpful
Ah, thanks for the information. I do have TMDB Helper installed, but didn't get any results. I did see the side bar hint that I should press down though, but nothing happened.
But when I use the TMDB Helper addon itself to browse something it does give me the results. Which is already great. It just doesn't work from other addons it seems.

Making the click action work would be appreciated. I don't currently have a local library.

Can you confirm if you are still having this issue or are the widgets on the infoscreen now working? There was an issue preventing them from loading in some instances but I think I fixed it.
Version 1.1.6 is now live in my repository addressing some of the fixes and feature requests recently raised in this thread.

Highlights:
  • Ability to switch between List (Background), List (Thumbnails) and Grid views for plugins when there is no container content type set (e.g. when browsing menus in TheMovieDB Helper) 
  • Removed ability to disable slideshows in order to simplify logic of light theme
  • Fixed issue where navigating from settings to a shortcut like TMDB Helper caused background slideshow to become hidden
  • Fixed window order issue when modal dialogs called from keyboard shortcut during playback (sometimes they would appear behind the diffuse layer)
  • Fixed infoscreen widgets not loading on first opening if they rely on window properties from script by adding fallback variables using ListItems.
  • Added support for Youtube and other plugins using container.content(videos) for multiple views in myvideonav.xml and for home screen widgets.
  • Added dummy PVR windows as potential fix for issue where switching to Copacetic is resetting PVR settings in other skins.
Before this goes live on the official repo, I would like to test it further and ask some of those who raised bug fix/feature requests to test the functionality is as they require.

If you installed Copacetic from the official repo, you can update to 1.1.6 now by the following steps:
  1. Add the location of my repository as a source in File Manager: https://realcopacetic.github.io
  2. Now if you go to settings > system > Add-ons and enable 'Unknown sources'.
  3. From the same screen choose 'Any repositories' under 'Update official addons from' - as this will allow Kodi to pull updates straight from my repo even if you installed via Kodi's official repo.
  4. Go to Addonbrowser and press left to access the hidden menu, then select 'Check for updates'.
  5. It should find the update and if you have enabled auto-updates it will now intall the latest version of the skin, otherwise you can choose to start the download manually.
@mmanuxx - can you test if the dummy PVR files I added fix the issue you have with PVR settings being reset when loading Copacetic? I've also fixed the other bugs and minor RFEs you listed and logged the big ones as issues on Github(PVR, more widget space, Skip step/seeking numerical and bar reference for OSD).

@Kkamer - can you test Youtube thumbnails? You should be able to cycle through List, Strip and Grid views for YT videos. You can also use the YouTube addon as a custom widget path if you wish to have widgets pulling from any of the sections of the addon (e.g. My Subscriptions etc). If you do set up a widget, make sure to choose 'Prefer thumbnails for episodes instead of show fanart" - This will use the YT thumbnail instead of the fanart of the profile that uploaded the vid.
(2023-08-02, 00:32)realcopacetic Wrote: Can you confirm if you are still having this issue or are the widgets on the infoscreen now working? There was an issue preventing them from loading in some instances but I think I fixed it.

It is working now. When I press down it loads the right information. Thanks a lot of fixing this.
Just one observation, when I press OK/Select on an actor for example it doesn't find anything. But it seems that this is a different kind of behavior and only search the local database?
(2023-08-03, 13:42)bodiug Wrote:
(2023-08-02, 00:32)realcopacetic Wrote: Can you confirm if you are still having this issue or are the widgets on the infoscreen now working? There was an issue preventing them from loading in some instances but I think I fixed it.

It is working now. When I press down it loads the right information. Thanks a lot of fixing this.
Just one observation, when I press OK/Select on an actor for example it doesn't find anything. But it seems that this is a different kind of behavior and only search the local database?
Yes that is a local database built-in function, I'll see if I can override it when it the source is a plugin, so clicking refocuses on the widget with the relevant actor's credits.
Sorry I've been away for a while because of work.
The Youtube are thumbnails are now perfect, thank you so much!
As to the power menu i need more time to check what's going on. other skins do not present such problem but it must be something very specific because i tried the skin on other device and it works as intended.
I'll find what going on or reinstall skin.shortcuts
(2023-08-05, 23:28)Kkamer Wrote: Sorry I've been away for a while because of work.
The Youtube are thumbnails are now perfect, thank you so much!
As to the power menu i need more time to check what's going on. other skins do not present such problem but it must be something very specific because i tried the skin on other device and it works as intended.
I'll find what going on or reinstall skin.shortcuts

If you are on Linux there was an issue affecting the power menu. If you update to the latest version in my repository (1.1.10), the issue would be solved
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic for Kodi Nexus (v20) - From the official repo0