• 21(current)
[RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC
Question 
i hadn't used the itunes plugin in a while, but do remember that older versions of xbmc came with the plugin. i recently upgraded to the newest beta, and the itunes plugin is nowhere to be found. i have gone into addons and looked and looked but cannot find it. unless im delusional, im sure there was a great itunes plugin in xbmc that showed my playlists etc. i downloaded one that i found here on the forums but its not working.
can someone guide me to the correct itunes plugin and how to download and install it? i've never gotten a plugin to work before so a step by step would be great.
thanks
Hasn't worked in donkey's years mate, since iTunes 6.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=ITunes_%28DAAP%29
i could have sworn i use this about an year ago, maybe my memory has aged a bit.
considering plex has an itunes plugin it can't be that difficult to make one for xbmc. is there some kind of technical roadblock? i know plx code has recently changed, but it also worked when it was much closer to xbmc in code, so wondering why xbmc doesn't have a must have feature like itunes plugin.
Ignore the other guy, he doesn't know the difference between DAAP and iTunes plugin. It's deffinitly still out there, try searching...
like i said, i did already search, google as well as these forums. i found threads such as this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=itunes

i have no idea how to create symlinks. i found other instructions for windows, but im on a mac. i have also tried a couple of other plugins and threads with no luck. thats why i thoguht i would ask someone who does infact use it to point me to the best plugin for itunes and ho to run it on mac xbmc.
my itunes library is on the same mac mini as xbmc.
nmirza Wrote:like i said, i did already search, google as well as these forums. i found threads such as this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=itunes

i have no idea how to create symlinks. i found other instructions for windows, but im on a mac. i have also tried a couple of other plugins and threads with no luck. thats why i thoguht i would ask someone who does infact use it to point me to the best plugin for itunes and ho to run it on mac xbmc.
my itunes library is on the same mac mini as xbmc.

It's here: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:It's here: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/

Just so everyone is aware though, the iTunes plugin there will not work with Dharma.

-Jonathan
gatto_mannaro Wrote:there is just a thing that I would like to have... in many events of iphoto I've some movies, that iPhoto plays when I run the slideshow.
It would be really great if this plugin can do the same!

Slideshows are actually a function of XBMC, not my plugin. I don't personally have any movies mixed in with my photos, but if you check System->Pictures->File lists->Show video files in listings does it not show the movies when you choose slideshow?

If it doesn't, and you want this, your best bet is to file a Trac ticket requesting the feature.

-jingai
there's a patch on trac to achieve this.
I've just installed iPhoto 9.0 from iLife '11 on another machine using a different photo library. It appears it did generate an AlbumData.xml file this time. I am not sure why my main library failed the upgrade (silently, I might add...), but this is promising news. I simply thought they'd dumped the XML file altogether, which definitely would have completely broken my plugin.

So it may work after all. Give me some time to play with it (hopefully over the weekend) and I'll be able to make a more official announcement.

-jingai
jingai Wrote:I've just installed iPhoto 9.0 from iLife '11 on another machine using a different photo library. It appears it did generate an AlbumData.xml file this time. I am not sure why my main library failed the upgrade (silently, I might add...), but this is promising news. I simply thought they'd dumped the XML file altogether, which definitely would have completely broken my plugin.

So it may work after all. Give me some time to play with it (hopefully over the weekend) and I'll be able to make a more official announcement.

And indeed it does. No clue what happened the first go around, but it does in fact work 100% now.

If you're updating, just remember to back up your library first. Had I not, I would have lost quite a lot of work/memories Sad

-jingai
jingai Wrote:Just so everyone is aware though, the iTunes plugin there will not work with Dharma.

-Jonathan

Hopefully someone will modify it in order to be Dharma compatible. AFAICT, it's working with iTunes 10 when run from older version of XBMC.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

jingai Wrote:Slideshows are actually a function of XBMC, not my plugin. I don't personally have any movies mixed in with my photos, but if you check System->Pictures->File lists->Show video files in listings does it not show the movies when you choose slideshow?

the point is that movies are listed not into the events, but in a separated folder, all togheter, so not really useful.
As soon as I learn how to do tickets, I'll send one :-)
gatto_mannaro Wrote:the point is that movies are listed not into the events, but in a separated folder, all togheter, so not really useful.

Again, that's not a function of my plugin. But, I think spiff was replying to you when he said:

spiff Wrote:there's a patch on trac to achieve this.

I think he's referring to this ticket, which means you can either build XBMC yourself with that patch, or you can wait until the patch makes it into one of the official builds.

It looks like it won't make it into Dharma, though, so you may have to build it yourself if you want that patch soon.

-jingai
jingai Wrote:Again, that's not a function of my plugin.

ok sorry if I bothered u.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC3