• 25(current)
[RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC
starzero Wrote:I have the same issue on W7 x64, plugin installer says "Installation failed". The debug log shows an error related to not being able to read the addon description, I highlighted the line here..

Could this be related to the name? It says "AlfredJKwack-plugin.audio.itunes-384b6e0" in the log instead of "plugin.audio.itunes", but I don't get where XBMC is getting the longer name from, it's nowhere in the plugin files, i checked them all and the zip is named correctly.

Any ideas?

I did exactly the same without success :-(
Maybe is it pointing to the wrong directory when trying to copy the plugin in XBMC folder?
Same problem here
Same here. Sad
I'm on a Mac and the plugin works for me sort of. My issue is that cover art isn't shown until I actually play a song, then it will show the cover for each song on the album. So if I have a playlist and I play some songs and not others then I get a mixture of cover art for those I have played and none for those I haven't.

Also, I'm using the reFocus skin and at the top where it says Music Files, when I play a song it also says Songs over the top of Files which looks weird. Any ideas?
i just can not get it to see my Windows 7 pc and the itunes directory
What I am trying to do via wireless network, is get my itunes on my XBMC on my AppleTV2

What am I doing wrong can someone help

Thanks all
Any chance you've looked in to this? Still no auoplay next song in 10.1 with latest version of your plugin

AlfredJKwack Wrote:Originally Posted by nmirza
auto play next song: i have installed the svn build from jan 2nd, which is above the build number you mentioned from the thread which should have had auto play next fixed. as of now, my playlist will still not auto play the next song. i made a post regarding this in the thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85692&page=2) and spiff said it works for him. maybe its a plugin setting?

Added to the list of things to look into...

-Alfred.
Just thought I'd mention here that my iPhoto plugin has been updated to 1.4.2, adding support for Places (finally).

Details are here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=761036&postcount=7
The iTunes add-on appears to be broken with iTunes 10.5, possibly due to the relocation of the iTunes content into "iTunes Media" instead of "iTunes Music" (or perhaps for some other reason).

My iTunes Add-on is configured with the correct path to the iTunes Music Library.xml file. The plug-in (plugin://plugin.audio.itunes/) has artists in the Artists section, playlists in the Playlists section and genres in the Genres section, but no content within these Artists, Playlists and Genres. The Albums section is also blank. I've cleaned the library, and re-run the Import iTunes Library, which has done nothing to help this.

The add-on is 0.2.5, XBMC is 10.1.

For the record, Plex 0.9.5.1 is not having the same problem.
The iPhoto plugging doesn't appear to work for me. XBMC eden beta on ATV1. iPhoto is version 9.2.1 on my mac running Lion. The plugin connects to iPhoto but when importing nothing gets imported, as if I have no photos. Selecting Albums or Events or Places etc does nothing. My iPhoto library is in the standard location.
jabohn Wrote:The iPhoto plugging doesn't appear to work for me. XBMC eden beta on ATV1. iPhoto is version 9.2.1 on my mac running Lion. The plugin connects to iPhoto but when importing nothing gets imported, as if I have no photos. Selecting Albums or Events or Places etc does nothing. My iPhoto library is in the standard location.

Please enable debugging, run the plugin, and select "Update Library." Then send the XBMC log file.

It's still working for me on a nightly I built a few days ago, so I'm not sure what's happening for you.

-j
iTunes plugin not working for me either. Using Win7, 64, and iTunes 10.5.
Was really hoping this would work since I love XBMC, but music support is very lacking in XBMC.
iTunes also not working. Running Eden beta 2 on Mac Mini 10.6.8, iTunes 10.5.3. I find this in the log file:

Code:
12:14:53 T:2960019456   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.audio.plex.itunes" dependent on version 1.0 of the xbmc.python api
12:14:53 T:2960019456  NOTICE: iTUNES :: PLEX MEDIA SERVER: --> OPENING http://127.0.0.1:32400/music/iTunes
12:14:53 T:2960019456    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
12:14:53 T:2960019456   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
12:14:53 T:2960019456   ERROR: Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 61] Connection refused>
12:14:53 T:2960019456   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/scalawag/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.audio.plex.itunes/default.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                itunes_main.Main()
                                              File "/Users/scalawag/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.audio.plex.itunes/itunes_main.py", line 85, in __init__
                                                self.checkMode()
                                              File "/Users/scalawag/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.audio.plex.itunes/itunes_main.py", line 90, in checkMode
                                                self.main()
                                              File "/Users/scalawag/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.audio.plex.itunes/itunes_main.py", line 97, in main
                                                self.listDirectory(self.currentUrl)
                                              File "/Users/scalawag/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.audio.plex.itunes/itunes_main.py", line 107, in listDirectory
                                                htmlSource = urllib2.urlopen(request).read()
                                              File "/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
                                                return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
                                              File "/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 391, in open
                                                response = self._open(req, data)
                                              File "/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 409, in _open
                                                '_open', req)
                                              File "/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 369, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1161, in http_open
                                                return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
                                              File "/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1136, in do_open
                                                raise URLError(err)
                                            URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 61] Connection refused>
12:14:53 T:2960019456    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
12:14:53 T:2960019456    INFO: Python script stopped
12:14:53 T:2960019456   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 2960019456 terminating
12:14:53 T:2958397440   DEBUG:  WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
12:14:53 T:2697524544   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.plex.itunes
12:14:53 T:2697524544   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.plex.itunes) failed
scalawag Wrote:iTunes also not working. Running Eden beta 2 on Mac Mini 10.6.8, iTunes 10.5.3. I find this in the log file:

Code:
12:14:53 T:2960019456   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.audio.plex.itunes" dependent on version 1.0 of the xbmc.python api
12:14:53 T:2960019456  NOTICE: iTUNES :: PLEX MEDIA SERVER: --> OPENING http://127.0.0.1:32400/music/iTunes
12:14:53 T:2960019456    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
12:14:53 T:2960019456   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
12:14:53 T:2960019456   ERROR: Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 61] Connection refused>

I'm not the author of this addon, but it looks like it cannot connect to the Plex media server. I'm not even sure what Plex has to do with this, but that appears to be your problem.

-j
Interesting, jingai. I had uninstalled Plex from my computer shortly before I tried to install this plugin.

Stranger things have happened...
First let me confess that I've only just acquired my first ever iDevice in the past week or so. It's an iPhone, and I'm still (just barely) learning my way around the thing, and around iTunes, which is also utterly new to me.

I actually acquired the iPhone primarily to use as a music player in the car. It is just convenient that it happens to also be a decent phone.

Anyway, I've loaded up about half of my CD collection into iTunes already and then synced that with the iPhone, and so far that is all working good. I went to some trouble to get proper album art for all my CDs, but now I have that all properly stored inside of my iTunes library. Now, of course, I'd like to know how to just lift up that whole library and connect it up to my HTPC (running OpenELEC) and get that to play all my albums while showing the album art that I've already collected and stashed in my iTunes library.

I've just copied my whole iTunes directory onto a USB flash drive, and plugged that into my HTPC, but now what do I do?

I've looked for the alleged iTunes plug-in underneath the XBMC.org add-ons, but I am just not seeing it. Is this just simply not available for use with OpenELEC? Or has it been withdrawn from distribution entirely? What am I doing wrong?

P.S. A separate but related question: My iPhone is already configured (by me) to connect up properly to my personal local wireless LAN. That's working just fine. My HTPC (w/OpenELEC) is also configured so that it can talk to my local/personal wireless LAN. So I have the obvious question... Can XBMC be made to just simply suck music (and playlists and cover art) off of my iPhone in real-time, via the network, you know, as if the iPhone was just another (wireless) network attached storage drive for which the HTPC is a client? That would be way cool if THAT would just work.

Forgive me. Maybe I'm asking the Wrong Question. Perhaps what I really should be asking is this: Where I can find a downloadable app for the iPhone that will allow it to export its internal flash drive as a Samba share to the (wireless) local network? (Does such a thing even exist?)

(Meanwhile, later that same evening...)

Ohhhhhhhh. Cool. I just found and downloaded an iPhone app called "TIOD" that apparently will cause the iPhone to act as an FTP server. And gosh darn if the bloody thing doesn't actually work even! So now I can sit at my desk and (anonymous) FTP into my iPhone. But that's about where the good news ends, it seems.

The bad news seems to be that even though I already have a *** load of music files synched from iTunes into my iPhone, when I use ITOD to FTP to my iPhone, there is -nothing- showing in the FTP home directory on the phone. Maybe that is just as well, because there doesn't seem to be any way with this TIOD thing to create an actual non-anonymous password-protected proper sort of secure FTP account on the iPhone anyway.

Oh well. It was a nice idea while it lasted.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC3