TV show trailers
(2023-05-26, 22:20)pauls156 Wrote: Ok so if I go the NFO route, am I doing this correctly:

E:\TV Shows\Ozark\Season 1, Season 2, tvshow-trailer.mp4 (ie, Season 1 folder, Season 2 folder, and the trailer video are within the Ozark folder)
I don't know. What you wrote is confusing.
Just look at the images on this page... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_shows
Also check the tvshow sample nfo file in the Templates and Samples page.

(2023-05-26, 22:20)pauls156 Wrote: Red-K NFO Creator looks to be the easiest for me to use…
Never heard of it, so I don't know if the nfo files are Kodi compatible. If you do use it, post one of your nfo files and I can check it for you.
Try here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Supplemental_tools

(2023-05-26, 22:20)pauls156 Wrote: For the NFO if using a program, how do you/where do you list the full path to the trailer?
Check the sample nfo file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-05-26, 20:28)pauls156 Wrote: How about for tv trailers? The trailers for the movies are working just fine.

Honestly, I've never looked at TV show trailers.  I am curious how you use them, per episode  (like a preview) or for the series / season ? 

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Since you can only do one trailer per series, I would personally do the trailer for the current season I am on for a show.
(2023-05-27, 00:34)jbinkley60 Wrote: I am curious how you use them, per episode  (like a preview) or for the series / season ? 
Local trailers for tv shows has never been implemented. But there is a workaround where you can force the trailer into a tv show.
You can do this either with nfo files (same as for movies) and adding the full path to the trailer, or directly into the DB.
I think trailers can be scraped using TMDB TV Shows scraper, but that is a link, not local trailers and reading elsewhere there is a problem with both youtube and tubi addons.

It is one trailer per tv show. There is no provision for season or episode trailers. For those, you could use the Extras addon.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-05-27, 01:36)pauls156 Wrote: Since you can only do one trailer per series, I would personally do the trailer for the current season I am on for a show.

Yeah, I see the c16 field in the TV Shows table which is for trailers and none for seasons or episodes.  Like the extras addon I could simply add this to my addon trailer database vs trying to force more than a TV Show trailer into Kodi. I could also easily replicate the TV Show trailer link (local or Internet based) across all episodes in the database so it could be played from all episodes.  I might need to add it to a context menu if the skins don't support this, like I do for multiple movie trailers.  

The bigger question, for me,  is the availability of and scraping of TV show trailers.  That will take some research.  I may try TMDB first, since I already have an application API key.   I'll be curious what others find with regards to TV show series trailers (i.e. availability, quality etc..).  The good news is that most people aren't going to have thousands of TV series like movies.  I've got close to 4,000 local movie trailers. but only around 200 TV series.

Not sure if this will go anywhere but could be interesting.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-05-27, 02:23)jbinkley60 Wrote: The bigger question, for me,  is the availability of and scraping of TV show trailers.
Just checked, TMDB TV Shows does scrape trailers... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TMDb_TV_Shows#General
TVDB v4 does not scrape trailers.
It's not something I use as I prefer local trailers as I have vetted them and know their quality.

What is the trailer database you mention?
My Signature
(2023-05-27, 02:23)jbinkley60 Wrote: .... The bigger question, for me,  is the availability of and scraping of TV show trailers.  ....

i vote using imdb trailers, both tmdb and tvdb link to youtube trailers and as we've seen youtube isnt so friendly to kodi

the bonus here is that the imdb trailers addon works great and can be called directly with an imdb id like so

python:
uniqueid='tt0773262'
xbmc.executebuiltin("PlayMedia(plugin://plugin.video.imdb.trailers/?action=play_id&imdb={})".format(uniqueid))

its what im using for movie trailers, most of my entries already have imdb as their uniqueid in the database

i use a fallback to title search in case its not

-----

theyre also (usually) higher quality and tvdb will return an imdb id when scraping
(2023-05-27, 02:35)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-05-27, 02:23)jbinkley60 Wrote: The bigger question, for me,  is the availability of and scraping of TV show trailers.
Just checked, TMDB TV Shows does scrape trailers... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TMDb_TV_Shows#General
TVDB v4 does not scrape trailers.
It's not something I use as I prefer local trailers as I have vetted them and know their quality.

What is the trailer database you mention?
In this case I was referring to the trailer database in my addon.  I use it for both You Tube and local trailers. with the tool I wrote to download and cleanup local trailers.  I poked around TMDB and it has some TV series trailers but it is hit and miss with regards to whether it is the entire series or a particular season.

Here's a couple of queries which return You Tube trailer keys:

https://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/1425/vid...i_key=your API key
https://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/1421/vid...i_key=your API key

Jeff
(2023-05-27, 02:43)jepsizofye Wrote: i vote using imdb trailers, both tmdb and tvdb link to youtube trailers and as we've seen youtube isnt so friendly to kodi

the bonus here is that the imdb trailers addon works great and can be called directly with an imdb id like so

I did some playing around with IMDB trailers.  I actually have purchased an IMDB API key for a year so I can go directly query their database.  The newer movie trailers are hosted on Amazon vs. You Tube.  Some of the older movies I queried are hosted by You Tube.  That may be a difference with screen scraping that the IMDB Trailer addon does vs. a direct IMDB API call.  I'll need to do some more testing but my experience with IMDB is that the screen and API data returns are generally pretty much in sync.  More likely IMDB is fine leaving old trailers hosted on You Tube and is focused on more recent movies.

I ran a test against a couple of recent movies with my trailer downloader going against You Tube vs. me going against the IMDB API.   In all cases, so far, I got the same trailer and I was able to download the IMDB trailers with the same yt-dlp.exe downloader tool.  However, the bitrate quality on the IMDB link through Amazon was much higher (i.e. 8Mb/s vs. 2MB/s)  and thus the resulting local trailer file size was bigger with Amazon.  For example one movie I tested I got a 15.4MB file through You Tube and a 110MB file through Amazon for the same exact trailer.  The fact that IMDB local trailers can be downloaded with the same tool opens up some interesting possibilities.

Thanks,

Jeff
(2023-05-27, 11:37)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2023-05-27, 02:43)jepsizofye Wrote: i vote using imdb trailers, both tmdb and tvdb link to youtube trailers and as we've seen youtube isnt so friendly to kodi

I did some playing around with IMDB trailers.  I actually have purchased an IMDB API key for a year so I can go directly query their database.  The newer movie trailers are hosted on Amazon vs. You Tube.  Some of the older movies I queried are hosted by You Tube.  That may be a difference with screen scraping that the IMDB Trailer addon does vs. a direct IMDB API call.  I'll need to do some more testing but my experience with IMDB is that the screen and API data returns are generally pretty much in sync.  More likely IMDB is fine leaving old trailers hosted on You Tube and is focused on more recent movies.

I ran a test against a couple of recent movies with my trailer downloader going against You Tube vs. me going against the IMDB API.   In all cases, so far, I got the same trailer and I was able to download the IMDB trailers with the same yt-dlp.exe downloader tool.  However, the bitrate quality on the IMDB link through Amazon was much higher (i.e. 8Mb/s vs. 2MB/s)  and thus the resulting local trailer file size was bigger with Amazon.  For example one movie I tested I got a 15.4MB file through You Tube and a 110MB file through Amazon for the same exact trailer.  The fact that IMDB local trailers can be downloaded with the same tool opens up some interesting possibilities.

Thanks,

Jeff

aha thats why they usually look higher quality - thanks for the info for both that and yt-dlp, i never tried that utility for imdb (only ever used for youtube)
(2023-05-27, 16:44)jepsizofye Wrote: aha thats why they usually look higher quality - thanks for the info for both that and yt-dlp, i never tried that utility for imdb (only ever used for youtube)

I think I am going to add IMDB trailers to my utility and put the IMDB trailers first, ahead of You Tube for local trailers.  You can get a free IMDB API key for up to 100 requests a day from here to do API queries.  I bought the standard package because I also use this for fetching actor artwork with my tool from IMDB but for fetching the trailer download link for yt-dlp.exe, I doubt folks will be pulling 100 trailers a day. 

Here's a test command for downloading an IMDB local trailer with yt-dlp.exe

Code:
yt-dlp.exe --check-formats --restrict-filenames -q https://www.imdb.com/video/vi2053751833/...tr_tr_vp_5

Thanks,

Jeff
(2023-05-27, 16:54)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2023-05-27, 16:44)jepsizofye Wrote: aha thats why they usually look higher quality - thanks for the info for both that and yt-dlp, i never tried that utility for imdb (only ever used for youtube)

I think I am going to add IMDB trailers to my utility and put the IMDB trailers first, ahead of local trailer, for local trailers.  You can get a free IMDB API key for up to 100 requests a day from here to do API queries.  I bought the standard package because I also use this for fetching actor artwork with my tool from IMDB but for fetching the trailer download link for yt-dlp.exe, I doubt folks will be pulling 100 trailers a day. 

Code:
yt-dlp.exe --check-formats --restrict-filenames -q https://www.imdb.com/video/vi2053751833/...tr_tr_vp_5

Thanks,

Jeff

very nice, just checked that url with -F and they host some good variants to suite most people whether they prefer smaller files or higher quality - https://paste.kodi.tv/zenipocaze
(2023-05-27, 16:59)jepsizofye Wrote:
(2023-05-27, 16:54)jbinkley60 Wrote:

I think I am going to add IMDB trailers to my utility and put the IMDB trailers first, ahead of local trailer, for local trailers.  You can get a free IMDB API key for up to 100 requests a day from here to do API queries.  I bought the standard package because I also use this for fetching actor artwork with my tool from IMDB but for fetching the trailer download link for yt-dlp.exe, I doubt folks will be pulling 100 trailers a day. 

Code:

Thanks,

Jeff

very nice, just checked that url with -F and they host some good variants to suite most people whether they prefer smaller files or higher quality - https://paste.kodi.tv/zenipocaze

Yep and I have tested that it works.  I allow users to set the maximum resolution in the config file.  One thing to note that while the raw format from IMDB is HLS, which is great for Internet streaming  You Tube uses native HTTPS / MP4 / WEBM which are not the smoothest for streaming across the Internet   HLS is smoother in most browsers. 

Jeff
(2023-05-26, 23:29)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-05-26, 22:20)pauls156 Wrote: Ok so if I go the NFO route, am I doing this correctly:

E:\TV Shows\Ozark\Season 1, Season 2, tvshow-trailer.mp4 (ie, Season 1 folder, Season 2 folder, and the trailer video are within the Ozark folder)
I don't know. What you wrote is confusing.
Just look at the images on this page... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_shows
Also check the tvshow sample nfo file in the Templates and Samples page.
(2023-05-26, 22:20)pauls156 Wrote: Red-K NFO Creator looks to be the easiest for me to use…
Never heard of it, so I don't know if the nfo files are Kodi compatible. If you do use it, post one of your nfo files and I can check it for you.
Try here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Supplemental_tools
(2023-05-26, 22:20)pauls156 Wrote: For the NFO if using a program, how do you/where do you list the full path to the trailer?
Check the sample nfo file.
I don't know if you can upload files here, so here's the text for the NFO I'm trying to create. Does it need to have all the other kinds of information like runtime, ratings, etc?
If this has been done incorrectly, what can I do to fix it? Thanks!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<tvshow>
  <title>Ozark</title>
  <trailer>tvshow-trailer.mp4</trailer>
</tvshow>
(2023-05-27, 21:48)pauls156 Wrote: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<tvshow>
  <title>Ozark</title>
  <trailer>tvshow-trailer.mp4</trailer>
</tvshow>
That is not going to work. You need more info.
If you copy the Template from the wiki page, it has the minimum tags needed to create the tvshow.nfo.
Then add the trailer tag. But the tag must contain the full path. f:\My_tvshows\Some Show (year)\tvshow-trailer.mp4

Is this show already scraped into your library?
If it is, then run an Export to Separate Files. It will create the nfo files for you. Then all you do is add the trailer tag, and Refresh the tv show (not the episodes).
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show trailers0