USplash XBMC BootSplash
I got it working!

Installed minimal ubuntu 9.04 (see sticky in linux forum)

I've installed libusplash-dev
#sudo apt-get install libusplash-dev

I downloaded: Kubuntu Air Usplash (and made custom backgrounds)
#make -j2

install
#sudo make ubuntu

edit screen resolution
#sudo nano /etc/usplash.conf
xres=1920
yres=1080

Again set usplash in bootimg
#sudo update-initramfs -u

test the splash screen
#sudo usplash -c
Jezz_X Wrote:I had a go and installed this one
http://du-duke.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-...black.html
http://du-duke.blogspot.com/2008/12/blac...tions.html
but I think its missing the text needed for the "Drive hasn't been scanned in long time preforming scan now" stuff because I think I just ended up with a big black square over the XBMC logo and a long delay in loading Sad

Other than that it was great

I once had a look at the source code when i was trying to change some of the colors. As far as i can tell the problem is he's using black text on a black background. That's why you don't see the text.

here's the color defenitions in xbmc-splash.c:
Code:
    /* Palette indexes */
    .background             = 0x01,
    .progressbar_background = 0x00,
    .progressbar_foreground = 0x1E,
    .text_background        = 0x01,
    .text_foreground        = 0x01,
    .text_success           = 0x23,
    .text_failure           = 0x24,
the hex values refer to the color index palette of the splash image.
0x23 and 0x24 refer to indexed color 35 and 36 of the image, which are both black.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I did the minimal Ubuntu install from the sticky and then tried to install the usplash themes from the repository. Everything seemed to go well, I edited my /etc/usplash.conf to the following:

xres=1280
yres=720

For my HDTV. When I rebooted the correct splash screen was there, but I have a big black rectangle, almost like there's a window that's supposed to be there, in the middle of the display. Anybody have any ideas on what it might be?
pumkinut Wrote:I did the minimal Ubuntu install from the sticky and then tried to install the usplash themes from the repository. Everything seemed to go well, I edited my /etc/usplash.conf to the following:

xres=1280
yres=720

For my HDTV. When I rebooted the correct splash screen was there, but I have a big black rectangle, almost like there's a window that's supposed to be there, in the middle of the display. Anybody have any ideas on what it might be?

basically, the answer is right above your post.
it uses indexed colors from the splash image to render the splash screen.
the problem is, the color picked for the text-box isn't entirely black, so you'll notice it against a 'real' black background.

you can fix it by modifying the source files and recompile.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
hi all,

i'm running a gentoo system. natively there's fbsplash available but not usplash, although it is available via a portage overlay (http://gpo.zugaina.org/media-gfx/usplash).

are usplash themes compatible to fbsplash?
if not is there a way to convert them?
are there any ready to use xbmc themes for fbsplash?
Hi, and thanks for some good looking bootscreens!

I just have a little request/feedback:
Is it possible to make a Plugin or Script to change the default bootscreens from inside XBMC?

Think it would be a great addition!
ASRock ION 330 | Onkyo TX-SR707 | KEF 2005.5 | Samsung LE-40F86 | Harmony 1000 Remote Control | XBMC Media Center Linux Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04
My XBMC Custom Installation script for Linux
duduke i must be retarded, but i cant find the code or any downloads on your blog at all...just youtube videos and screenshots....did you take down the links? I like the "New Blue" project from december 2008. but can't find a single link to download anything.

Edit nevermind, i just saw the may 2009 posting about someone saying "were still waiting" so i assume its not complete. I had to go all the way back to early december to find the other builds.

Any idea when the "New Blue" will be done? I really like that one.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
I've posted the new code that fixes some issues with the pulsating logo to the Trac.
you can d/l the code from there.

I'm going to post all of the code to my blog soon.
How does the resolution thing work? I'd like to use "spinner black" but no matter what resolution i try, splash screen is always stretched horizontally. I've tried resolutions with both aspect ratios (16:9, 4:3) and the end result is always the same.. Actually it looks like it doesn't change the resolution at all. I've ran "sudo update-initramfs -u" everytime after modifying usplash.conf.

My setup is Jaunty (Asrock Ion 330) -> HDMI -> 1080p projector. Is the projector messing something up? Should i leave grub entries untouched (no vga=xxx switch and stuff)?
When booting with the XBMC usplash theme, there is a brief switch to console before starting X with xbmc. Would like to get rid of it for a seamless boot.

Anyway to get rid of this?

I could have a bad memory, but I recall when running with a VGA monitor at 1024x768 it didn`t see this, but with HDMI/DVI it does at 1280x720.

Running a Nvidia 9400 mobo with Ubuntu Jaunty, recent Nvidia drivers and using the xbmc packages from SVN that include the scripts to start xbmc and X. I do not start X (or window manager), I let the xbmc script do it.

Any suggestions?

Anyone else have a seamless boot working? (aside from BIOS and initial grub messages).
What do I have to do to use the new really looking good Usplash?

http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/trunk/tools...ack-silver
Code:
sudo apt-get install usplash-theme-xbmc-spinner-black-silver -y
sudo update-alternatives --set usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/xbmc-splash-spinner-black-silver.so
sudo update-initramfs -u
BurningSky Wrote:
Code:
sudo apt-get install usplash-theme-xbmc-spinner-black-silver -y
sudo update-alternatives --set usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/xbmc-splash-spinner-black-silver.so
sudo update-initramfs -u

Thanks
hi..
I tried to enter the /usr/lib/usplash
but i didn't found the folder on XBMCLive.
I entered on the XBMC safemode, and try to cd the folder..
but the 'usplash' folder don't exist.
what i'm doing wrong?
this folder should exist on XBMC or on ubuntu??
my XBMC version is xbmc-10.1-live.
the usplash work with it? or just on older version?
thanks.
sbassan Wrote:hi..
I tried to enter the /usr/lib/usplash
but i didn't found the folder on XBMCLive.
I entered on the XBMC safemode, and try to cd the folder..
but the 'usplash' folder don't exist.
what i'm doing wrong?
this folder should exist on XBMC or on ubuntu??
my XBMC version is xbmc-10.1-live.
the usplash work with it? or just on older version?
thanks.

This thread is for an older version of XBMC-Live(Karmic I think was the base Ubuntu OS for Camalot - XBMC-9.11)

The 10.1 uses something similar, Called Plymouth. There are probably threads here about it as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USplash XBMC BootSplash2