Can Change Some Backgrounds But Not Others
In Skin Settings > Main Menu Customization > System, I have selected the action "ActivateWindow (Settings)", and when the settings icons appear, the background is the circuit board (default_settings.jpg).  I would like to simply have a black background to make it easier to see the various settings icons (Interface, Services etc), but I don't see a place to change that.  That same circuit board background appears in other windows as well, and yet the default background (Skin Settings > General > Default Background) is set to default_livecases.jpg

I love the skin, but am I missing the way I could change so that there is just a black background wherever the "default_settings.jpg" is showing up now?

Thanks very much...
(2023-06-07, 01:13)IndigoJon Wrote: In Skin Settings > Main Menu Customization > System, I have selected the action "ActivateWindow (Settings)", and when the settings icons appear, the background is the circuit board (default_settings.jpg).  I would like to simply have a black background to make it easier to see the various settings icons (Interface, Services etc), but I don't see a place to change that.  That same circuit board background appears in other windows as well, and yet the default background (Skin Settings > General > Default Background) is set to default_livecases.jpg

I love the skin, but am I missing the way I could change so that there is just a black background wherever the "default_settings.jpg" is showing up now?

Thanks very much...
https://forums.kodi.tv/showthread.php?ti...9&page=721
I looked at the post that you referenced, but I guess I am out of luck, because I don't think I am proficient enough to make the change without some detailed instructions.  Maybe I am just stuck with the circuit board background...but I wish there were a clearer way to change it to a plain color...
(2023-06-07, 11:42)IndigoJon Wrote: I looked at the post that you referenced, but I guess I am out of luck, because I don't think I am proficient enough to make the change without some detailed instructions.  Maybe I am just stuck with the circuit board background...but I wish there were a clearer way to change it to a plain color...

according to what i read posted by brazen1 in that link, this would be the step by step

1) locate default_settings.jpg in the kodi addons folder (should be in the userdata folder)
2) download a large plain black jpg from google image or wherever
3) optional; make a backup copy of default_settings.jpg
4) put said image from step 2 in place of default_settings.jpg

locations for userdata on various systems - https://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata

if using android most people find it easiest to use the kodi file manager to copy within the userdata folder - https://kodi.wiki/view/File_manager
So, I don't see a "userdata" folder when I open File Manager or the Add-Ons, and I can't navigate to one in ES File Explorer even though hidden files are allowed to be viewed.  The Wiki says Nvidia Shield Kodi files are in a path that starts "SMB://...  but I don't see anything "SMB" anywhere.

I'd love to do this, but I feel a little helpless (and ordinarily I know my way around computers pretty well...beta tested for Intuit and several digital imaging program vendors, etc)
i typically use adb with a firetv cube so i can try to get you there but it may be slightly different with shield

1. open kodi file manager
  2. on the left side file list is the source, you can put your pc as smb:// or a usb drive or external storage wherever your source file is located
  3. go to the right side file list, this will be the destination
  4. go to the bottom and click 'add source'
  5. select 'browse' on the right
  6. external storage->Android->data->org.xbmc.kodi->files->.kodi (this is where userdata is on mine, adding the main .kodi would likely be the best option so you can browse its subfolders)
  7. with the right side file list showing the destination folder go back to the left side
  8. highlight the file to copy and long press "OK" to bring up the context menu then select copy
  9. if done correctly it should prompt you with a confirmation to copy, select yes

the file from the left list should then be copied to the listed folder on the right
Gosh I really appreciate your help with this but I'm sorry, I'm going to first have to learn about SMB and see if I can figure out a way to get my Nvidia Shields to show up on my network...one of them did for a while but if you clicked on it there was no information...it was as if the network knew something was there but didn't know what to do with it.  I really don't know what to llok at or try next, but I'll just have to keep at it.  Anyway, thanks for trying...
No matter what I try, the Android folder “Data” says empty. Hidden files are enabled, but I cannot locate the user data folder. There is a folder called “obb” which also shows as empty, and another called “media” also showing empty. I’m puzzled because the location of these folders shows as “sdcard”, but my external storage is an external HDD. There is a device called “USB 2002” that looks as if it’s the external HDD, but when I click it, it says the files can’t be opened!
i dont know how to help you any further, as i said i use firetv so it must be different for your shield
That particular background is changed a different way.

Check pics from this post.
I don't know how I found it, but I was able to select the fallback option and set the background to just a solid color.  Pehaps you could list the steps for getting to that option...thanks very much.
As I said above, I was able to get the background set to a solid color for all except the "Favorites"...is there a way to do that as well?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Change Some Backgrounds But Not Others0