• 80(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 9 Multi-Mod for Kodi 20 (Nexus)
Hello, cause my MQ8 skin, which I used for long time, stops to work and has overnight reseted all my extensive skin settings, I tried again to use the MQ9 skin.
The thing is, that I can't view/see the sub menu down under e.g. "Movies".
Are the sub menu not available in MQ9 as in MQ8? >>> press (e.g. on "Movies") down and see all the sub menu items?
UPDATE
I found now the way how to show submenus e.g. under "Movies" by pressing "down" twice.

Question: then I press for example at "Movies" once down then comes an item "Schnellanpassung". I guess translated it is "fast settings".
I don't need that.
Is there a way to suppress this item then pressing down and come direct to my submenus?
From my point of view it is more logical, to show on press down once the submenu and on a second press down the "fast settings".

The appearance how in MQ9 the submenus are shown is not as nice in MQ7 and MQ8.
Is there a way to adjust the "design" how submenus are shown?
@Bladerunner1962 Skin settings, Main Menu, toggle off "Show quick edit menu".
I've noticed a minor issue with Music Fullscreen View 7 and disc art; I have discart set to always visible and show diffuse for discart enabled.

If playing a song on an album that contains discart, this is the expected behavior; however, upon switching to the next song in a playlist of an album that does not contain discart, the previous albums discart will remain (see screenshot for example) and continues to remain through different songs until there is another album that contains discart. I think i would expect a generic disc to appear for an album that does not contain discart?

In screenshot below, album is Prince of persia soundtrack, however the discart is of the previous song Mega man soundtrack.

Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
If have question to the before shown music player screen:
In MQ8 was a setting included, that this music player screen don't disappear after some seconds.
Where I could found this setting in MQ9?

UPDATE: solved. Pressing "menu" and there are additional settings.
@Shredder_guitar
I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.
UPDATE #26 - This will update the skin to v1.6.6

Image Additions
  • I added View Type-28 to Music Videos. I also added the view to Forced Views. Thanks to andrzejls for the request!
  • I added the option to display either the default views list or a custom views list. The default list will display by default. There are two new buttons in the Top Menu under the selected view named "DEFAULT VIEWS LIST" and "CUSTOM VIEWS LIST". The default views are displayed by default. There is also a new file named Includes_views.xml.custom that you will need to customize to display only the views you'd like to see. View Type-02 is commented out in this file as an example. The file can be updated while Kodi is running. After making changes, you can switch to the default views list and back to the custom list to see the updated views list. Thanks to andrzejls for the request!

Image Bug fixes
  • The regular boxset in KodiFlix would persist when "CENTER LIST" and "EXTRA ZOOM FOCUS" were both enabled. Now when you enable "EXTRA ZOOM FOCUS" it will reset "MOVIE SET CASES" and vice versa. Thanks to MB1968 for reporting the bug!
  • I fixed a problem with DiaglogSeekbar.xml. Thanks for andrzejls for posting the fix!
  • I fixed a problem with the "UPDATE LIBRARY" button in the Top Menu for Music continuing to display "STOP SCANNING" after the update was complete. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for reporting the bug!

ImageMaintenance
  • I changed the Top Menu access to up instead of left for View Type-29. Thanks to andrzejls for the request!

*This update will require another skin reset for new settings to be forced to settings.xml. To keep from losing your current settings, make sure you export your skin settings (SKIN SETTINGS > RESTORE SETTINGS > EXPORT SKIN SETTINGS) before you install the update. After installing the update you will need to reset the skin and then import the latest settings export.
Hello there,

I was a huge fan of AEon MQ8.

I jsut did the upgrade to MQ9 and loving it. The only thing that I miss and wish I could get back is the interface when a video is playing. Not a fan, that when you seek menu shows up for literally half a second, I wish it could stay a littne longer. Is there anyhow I can fix that?

Also, is there a way to get just the video playing interface from Aeon MQ8 in MQ9?

Thanks!
@first_dominator
The OSD menu closes after 3 seconds by default. If you select the OSD button on the right you will see a popup menu. At the bottom of that menu is the "CLOSE MENU AUTOMATICALLY" button where you can select in seconds how long the menu appears.
@latts9923

Hello,

I did noticed the close menu automatically set to 3 by default. But for some reason when i push left right (to skip 10 sec) it show the seeking bar for literally less than 1 second and whatever I put in te OSD menu don't seem to change nothing.

THanks!
@ latts9923

Q1:
You wrote, that you will add a possibility to change the colors for the genres.
Did you do this?
I can't find it in the new version .

Q2:
How do I have to Install the skin?
I allways get an error-message: Dependencies Script Artworker ...
I do it like this:
Addons \ Install from ZIP
Is this correct way?

So I decompress the Zip and copy all the Files to the Folder: C:\Users\RK\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq9.nexus.mod

regards Ronald
@first_dominator
I just noticed that there is a change to the seekbar in Nexus that allows you to set how long the seekbar is visible. If you open DialogSeekbar.xml, scroll to the right on the visible line (4 lines down from the top) and you will see "Player.DisplayAfterSeek". Replace that with "Player.HasPerformedSeek(3)". The number designates how many seconds the seekbar is visible.

@Kissling
1. If you are talking about the TV Guide genre colors, you will need to decompile the Textures.xbt file with the Kodi Texture Tool and open the epg-genres folder. To change colors for a genre, select a different image, copy it and rename it the genre you'd like it to be. You can then recompile the Textures file. I can leave that folder out of the Textures file in the next update, which will make changing the genre colors easier on everyone.
2. If you go to SETTINGS ► SYSTEM ► ADD-ONS, do you have "UNKNOWN SOURCES" enabled and "UPDATE OFFICIAL ADD-ONS FROM" set to "ANY REPOSITORIES"?
Bladerunner's post perk'ed my ears up. What I have wanted for awhile is to be able to have multiple views available on a down arrow press for TV shows. One would be view 24, which is my current default, sorted by "last played, descending." That works perfect. However, I'd like to set this up like all other skins can do. This view as described would be an option under TV shows that says "Last Played." Then I would like to arrow right to "All Shows" which would be view 7 or 32 sorted by title. Does "submenu" perform that function and I just haven't figured out how to make it work?

Also is there a way to set "Kiosk mode" to disable everything EXCEPT the settings menu itself? I hate accidently getting into all those dropdown menus by accident, but if I turn on Kiosk mode and then I want to get into settings and purposefully select settings, I can't get anything. I have to reach for the keyboard, turn it on, wait a second, turn on the light, press S. Am I missing something?
@ Latts9923

thanks for your patient.

1. If you are talking about the TV Guide genre colors, you will need to decompile the Textures.xbt file with the Kodi Texture Tool and open the epg-genres folder. To change colors for a genre, select a different image, copy it and rename it the genre you'd like it to be. You can then recompile the Textures file. I can leave that folder out of the Textures file in the next update, which will make changing the genre colors easier on everyone.
Question: How can I decompile the Textures.xbt

2. If you go to SETTINGS ► SYSTEM ► ADD-ONS, do you have "UNKNOWN SOURCES" enabled and "UPDATE OFFICIAL ADD-ONS FROM" set to "ANY REPOSITORIES"?
Anser:
I've already activated both!
Notice: I'm using German als Language

Regards Ronald
@latts9923

I don't know why I allways have so much problems with Kodi (only Kodi)

I  downloadet the Kodi Texture Tool.
I selected the File: Textures.xbt
I selected an empty folder
I pressed Start
I get a notification "Decompile in progress"

But there are no files in the targed-folderHuh

I did all the same on an other computer
same behavior... f...

Can anybody hel me please.
Thanks
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help