• 5(current)
[APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 1) on the Apple TV
Had to re-run the installer to fix the screen issue.
Also told Nito to do it's Application screen thing and for the moment chose 480p.
It seems to be loading ok at the moment.
Should it work on AppleTV 2.0? I didn't upgrade yet to 2.1 and tried to install XBMC with instructions from this thread (including updating XBMCHelper). The results:
1. XBMC runs, I see the main screen, none of the remote buttons seems to work except PLAY. If play is pressed XBMC seems to be getting some continuous key presses for about half a minute and I think the key code it is flooded with is actualy RIGHT button. It stops after a while, but it will restart if I press PLAY again.The log:
Code:
09:18:22 T:2684407808 M:  5025792   DEBUG: OnKey: 168 pressed, action is 2
09:18:22 T:2684407808 M:  5038080   DEBUG: PICTURE: loaded image and created texture. height: 64, width: 128
09:18:22 T:2684407808 M:  5066752   DEBUG: Load /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/skin/PM3.HD/media/button-focus-keyboard.png: 17.8ms
09:18:22 T:2684407808 M:  5038080   DEBUG: PICTURE: loaded image and created texture. height: 64, width: 128
09:18:22 T:2684407808 M:  5066752   DEBUG: Load /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/skin/PM3.HD/media/button-focus-keyboard.png: 19.2ms
09:18:22 T:2684407808 M:  5033984   DEBUG: PICTURE: loaded image and created texture. height: 64, width: 128
09:18:22 T:2684407808 M:  5062656   DEBUG: Load /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/skin/PM3.HD/media/button-focus-keyboard.png: 17.7ms
09:18:22 T:2684407808 M:  5021696   DEBUG: OnKey: 168 pressed, action is 2
and so on, and so on

2. Another suspicious log entry. Is that normal?:
Code:
09:15:00 T:2684407808 M:  3035136 WARNING: CopyFile, cant open file </Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/userdata/Lircmap.xml>. trying to u
se lowercase </applications/xbmc.app/contents/resources/xbmc/userdata/lircmap.xml>
09:15:00 T:2684407808 M:  3035136   ERROR: CopyFile - cant open source file </Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/userdata/Lircmap.xml>

3. Remote keyboard posted here did not work for me. The app works, but XBMC doesn't respond to the keypresses. I did find a way to control XBMC using VNC, however for some strange reason while being able to respond to keyboard, VNC shows me the last nito screen before XBMC.
Sorry - I may be confused [happens occasionally] Currently have ATVPatch [older version] I'm thinking of installing aTV Flash Version 3.3. Will this simply
offer another interface via nito TV - any conflicts? All my media [4x750GB on an old G4 w/ upgraded gig networkcard] is streamed [works very well] to my 40GB AppleTV.

Thanks,
phil
finik Wrote:1. XBMC runs, I see the main screen, none of the remote buttons seems to work except PLAY. If play is pressed XBMC seems to be getting some continuous key presses for about half a minute and I think the key code it is flooded with is actualy RIGHT button. It stops after a while, but it will restart if I press PLAY again.The log:

2. Another suspicious log entry. Is that normal?:

3. Remote keyboard posted here did not work for me. The app works, but XBMC doesn't respond to the keypresses. I did find a way to control XBMC using VNC, however for some strange reason while being able to respond to keyboard, VNC shows me the last nito screen before XBMC.

davilla will better able to assist you but I thought I'd make sure that you have two of your basic settings correct:
  • Go to Settings->Network->Event Server. Ensure that it is enabled and that the option to listen on all interfaces is checked.
  • Go to Settings->System->Apple Remote and ensure that it is enabled and running in Standard Mode.

Also, the log entries are pretty harmless.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

yzeyze Wrote:Thanks for the reply, look forward to the plugin launcher, will make it much easier for my wife to start it rather than digging through menus on Nito.

One thing I had noticed, when playing back avi files (standard bitrate files), there appeared to be some 'tearing' in the picture when doing scene changes etc.
Not noticed that on xbox xbmc (also at 1280x720).
mind you, the ATV is connected via HDMI, the xbox component, so could be my screen.
Anyone else seen this?

vsync is disabled by default. turn it on Wink
finik Wrote:Should it work on AppleTV 2.0? I didn't upgrade yet to 2.1 and tried to install XBMC with instructions from this thread (including updating XBMCHelper). The results:
1. XBMC runs, I see the main screen, none of the remote buttons seems to work except PLAY. If play is pressed XBMC seems to be getting some continuous key presses for about half a minute and I think the key code it is flooded with is actualy RIGHT button. It stops after a while, but it will restart if I press PLAY again.

This is a 2.0, not 2.01/2.02. Sounds like I need to add an exception for 2.0 IR cookies. PM me so I can setup to debug this and capture the required IR cookies for a AppleTV 2.0 OS.
type1 Wrote:Sorry - I may be confused [happens occasionally] Currently have ATVPatch [older version] I'm thinking of installing aTV Flash Version 3.3. Will this simply
offer another interface via nito TV - any conflicts? All my media [4x750GB on an old G4 w/ upgraded gig networkcard] is streamed [works very well] to my 40GB AppleTV.

XBMC for Mac is a Media Center Application. It's (currently) launched using the current version of NitoTV. This is not a patchstick but an Application that runs under the AppleTV.
davilla Wrote:vsync is disabled by default. turn it on Wink

Have done that now, but also had to set NitoTV to do it's display protection (? don't have the option in front of me) and set it to 480p, otherwise I don't get the xbmc pictures.
(in fact, I can actually set it (the option in Nito) to any resolution (720p not listed) and it will display - if I leave it to run the resolution I am currently in on the ATV it just refuses to display)
(This may be some other issue my end though, as for some reason, now my ATV will only run 720p on bootup - I can set it to anything else and it goes to that (480,1080 etc), but if I restart the box (or even finder) it goes back to 720p - I ran the ATV4Windows patch on it - fortunate for me that I actually want it at 720p, just hoping this won't be a problem when the standalone launcher is released for me)
yzeyze Wrote:Have done that now, but also had to set NitoTV to do it's display protection (? don't have the option in front of me) and set it to 480p, otherwise I don't get the xbmc pictures.
(in fact, I can actually set it (the option in Nito) to any resolution (720p not listed) and it will display - if I leave it to run the resolution I am currently in on the ATV it just refuses to display)
(This may be some other issue my end though, as for some reason, now my ATV will only run 720p on bootup - I can set it to anything else and it goes to that (480,1080 etc), but if I restart the box (or even finder) it goes back to 720p - I ran the ATV4Windows patch on it - fortunate for me that I actually want it at 720p, just hoping this won't be a problem when the standalone launcher is released for me)

That's an artifact of getting into the front on the AppleTV, The XBMC launcher has this problem solved and should be released shortly.
davilla Wrote:This is a 2.0, not 2.01/2.02. Sounds like I need to add an exception for 2.0 IR cookies. PM me so I can setup to debug this and capture the required IR cookies for a AppleTV 2.0 OS.

Fixed and tested under AppleTV OS r2.0, re-download the XBMCHelper

http://atv-xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com/...XBMCHelper
davilla Wrote:Fixed and tested under AppleTV OS r2.0, re-download the XBMCHelper

http://atv-xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com/...XBMCHelper

It Works on 2.0! Thanks!!!

However while I was idle today, I had a chance to read about the wanders of atv_bootloader and I'm actually halfway through installing linux on my appletv Smile In your personal opinion (since you had experience with both of them obviously), what is the right way to go, xbmc@atv, or xbmc@Linux?
finik Wrote:It Works on 2.0! Thanks!!!

However while I was idle today, I had a chance to read about the wanders of atv_bootloader and I'm actually halfway through installing linux on my appletv Smile In your personal opinion (since you had experience with both of them obviously), what is the right way to go, xbmc@atv, or xbmc@Linux?

xbmc@atv -> AppleTV native interface still works for airtunes and itunes. And audio over HDMI.

xbmc@Linux -> XvMC possible with mplayer (external to XBMC)

It's really a toss up. I've not noticed any real speed differences between them.
Can the AppleTV be made to work with Media Center Extender remote?
salowais Wrote:Can the AppleTV be made to work with Media Center Extender remote?

Not at the current time, two things need to be done.

1) Mach_kernel on the AppleTV needs to be patched to enabled USB devices.

2) An MS MCE USB EventClient needs to be created (coded) that supports userland USB access to the MS MCE USB IR receiver.

Using the internal IR receiver with another IR remote control is not possible except for Harmony and JP1 remotes which emulate the Apple IR remote.
Thanks again Davilla for all your hard work!

I'm having a problem with installing on 2.0.2. After mounting the XBMC.dmg and running the installer -pkg /Volumes/XBMC/XBMC\ Media\ Center.mpkg -target / command, I receive the following error in Putty:

Symbol not found: __ZN3KJS11Interpreter4markEv
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/WebCore
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, and whether this may be a 2.0.2 related issue.

Thanks

Aaron
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 1) on the Apple TV3