• 6(current)
[APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 1) on the Apple TV
aaron76 Wrote:Thanks again Davilla for all your hard work!

I'm having a problem with installing on 2.0.2. After mounting the XBMC.dmg and running the installer -pkg /Volumes/XBMC/XBMC\ Media\ Center.mpkg -target / command, I receive the following error in Putty:

Symbol not found: __ZN3KJS11Interpreter4markEv
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/WebCore
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, and whether this may be a 2.0.2 related issue.

I will have to check that under a 2.0.2 version. AppleTVs running at r1.1, r2.0 and r2.1 so I will need to reconfigure one to r2.0.2.
davilla Wrote:Using the internal IR receiver with another IR remote control is not possible except for Harmony and JP1 remotes which emulate the Apple IR remote.
I've been using Sony RM VL600 for a year now to control my aTV, it just learned the IR codes from apple remote, no cables or PC were required to program it. Is XBMC@atV supports now only 6 codes from the LSB or can it take adantage of the whole 256x6 codes?
finik Wrote:I've been using Sony RM VL600 for a year now to control my aTV, it just learned the IR codes from apple remote, no cables or PC were required to program it. Is XBMC@atV supports now only 6 codes from the LSB or can it take adantage of the whole 256x6 codes?

The OSX driver will only respond to a single paired/unpaired remote. It does not pass IR codes in a similar manner as LIRC.
davilla Wrote:The OSX driver will only respond to a single paired/unpaired remote. It does not pass IR codes in a similar manner as LIRC.

That's a damn shame. Thanks for all your good work however davilla, you're a gentleman and a scholar Smile
aaron76 Wrote:Thanks again Davilla for all your hard work!

I'm having a problem with installing on 2.0.2. After mounting the XBMC.dmg and running the installer -pkg /Volumes/XBMC/XBMC\ Media\ Center.mpkg -target / command, I receive the following error in Putty:

Symbol not found: __ZN3KJS11Interpreter4markEv
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/WebCore
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore

did you use sudo with the installer or not?

JavaScriptCore.framework is actually a framework in

/System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
davilla Wrote:did you use sudo with the installer or not?

JavaScriptCore.framework is actually a framework in

/System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/

Yes I did. I used the following steps to get to where I'm at:

1st: Copied XBMC_for_Mac-Atlantis-Beta_1.dmg using WinSCP to /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow

2nd: Enabled ReadWrite using sudo mount -uw /

3rd: Mounted dmg using sudo hdiutil mount XBMC_for_Mac-beta1.dmg

4th: Installed XBMC using sudo installer -pkg /Volumes/XBMC/XBMC\ Media\ Center.mpkg -target /

That's when I get the error. I'm not opposed to upgrading to 2.1 if it will help install XBMC. I'm very curious about your USB installer, and would consider holding off until that is released.

Regards,

Aaron
aaron76 Wrote:Yes I did. I used the following steps to get to where I'm at:

1st: Copied XBMC_for_Mac-Atlantis-Beta_1.dmg using WinSCP to /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow

2nd: Enabled ReadWrite using sudo mount -uw /

3rd: Mounted dmg using sudo hdiutil mount XBMC_for_Mac-beta1.dmg

4th: Installed XBMC using sudo installer -pkg /Volumes/XBMC/XBMC\ Media\ Center.mpkg -target /

Looks proper Wink

you can try making a symlink from

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework

to

/System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework
Hi, do XBMC and ATVFlash play well together.
thanks
phil
type1 Wrote:Hi, do XBMC and ATVFlash play well together.
thanks
phil

ATVFlash is an AppleTV patchstick

XBMC for Mac is an application that runs on the AppleTV.

Two very different things so I don't understand your question. Wink
Thanks again!!! Using XBMC on my ATV is getting closer and closer. Two things I havent figured out yet:

1) Remote Control: I am using the standard ATV Remote, which works with the rest of ATV. I have succesfullly installed XBMC on ATV and can launch it through Nito. I have replaced the "xbmc helper" through copying it from my Windows PC (download link provided here in this board) via FTP to the respective folder on my ATV (ftp://192.168.1.100/applications.xbmc.ap...rces/XBMC/). Any thoughts what I am doing wrong?

2) Can I also start XBMC directly from the main view instead of going through the subfolders of Nito?

3) Non-XBMC-related: can I hide all these folders such as Media (Sapphire)?

Many thanks for your kind help and best regards!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Did you do the chmod +x on the xbmchelper file?
Didn't work for me until I did.
yzeyze Wrote:Did you do the chmod +x on the xbmchelper file?
Didn't work for me until I did.

That did the trick. Thanks!!! Any thoughts on 2 and 3?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
steve1977 Wrote:That did the trick. Thanks!!! Any thoughts on 2 and 3?

Also, any step-by-step guide to connect via SMB within XBMC?

Just new to this myself, so....
Apparently there is a launcher coming soon that will put the XBMC option on the main menu.

Hiding the extras is also something I will be trying to do once XBMC is on the list.

SMB support just worked here, but I have been using XBMC on xbox for a couple of years, so maybe I just did it without thinking.

You might also want to look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35975&page=5 as I fiddled with the remote mapping for this to make it easier for me to use. (better things to come in the remote department from the developers in the next beta apparently).

Things are certainly looking good so far though with ATV and XBMC.
yzeyze Wrote:Just new to this myself, so....
Apparently there is a launcher coming soon that will put the XBMC option on the main menu.

Hiding the extras is also something I will be trying to do once XBMC is on the list.

SMB support just worked here, but I have been using XBMC on xbox for a couple of years, so maybe I just did it without thinking.

You might also want to look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35975&page=5 as I fiddled with the remote mapping for this to make it easier for me to use. (better things to come in the remote department from the developers in the next beta apparently).

Things are certainly looking good so far though with ATV and XBMC.

It appears we are sitting in the "same boat" with same objectives. Got smb working and everything looks good. Just having major speed problems with movies taking 5 min or so before starting streaming over the network. But I guess that this is nothing XBMC/ATV can be blamed for, but just the nature of WLAN. One mini connected over WLAN and one ATV connected over WLAN as well. Just takes a long time to stream the data.

Anyhow, lets keep each other updated regarding adding XBMC to the main menu and hiding other items.

Cheers!!!
Removing the other items from the menu is easy. You might wanna leave Settings.frappliance though Tongue.
Code:
sudo -s
mount -uw /
touch /.readwrite
cd /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/
mkdir ../PlugIns.disabled
mv X.frappliance ../PlugIns.disabled/.
exit
The "touch /.readwrite" is optional, so you dont need to do "mount -uw /" every time you wanna write to the OSBoot partition.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 1) on the Apple TV3