• 11(current)
[APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 1) on the Apple TV
This thread is starting to get real confusing with all the questions/issues and answers.

So everyone can help by starting a new thread for specific questions or problems. That way, it will be easier to quickly address questions or issues. And someone with a similar issue can find an answer without having to read this entire thread.

Thanks
Scott
Thumbs Up 
Hi,

I just want to thank you so much Davilla (and Stephan too) for this great release.

I think the sales of AppleTV will grow for the next week and month with your great work. I plan to buy a new one for the bedroom.

This make the installation and update of XBMC and other software more trivial. Until now it was really picky to modify the appleTV for normal people like me. XBMC is a nice wife proof application with correct settings...

Thanks Again Big Grin
Bob
Hi all,

create patchstick, install than update XBMC, reboot appletv, launch XBMC and error "XBMC exited with status 6" Huh

Any solution? Rofl
thundershare Wrote:Hi all,

create patchstick, install than update XBMC, reboot appletv, launch XBMC and error "XBMC exited with status 6" Huh

Any solution? Rofl

Need to see the console.log

ssh in

sudo find / -name console.log -print

scp this file out and stick it to http://pastebin.com/ and post the URL.
so let me get this straight... i need to have an intel mac computer in order to make this patchstick?

i also need the original install cds for leopard as well? does it matter if its for intel/ppc?
turbinez Wrote:so let me get this straight... i need to have an intel mac computer in order to make this patchstick?

i also need the original install cds for leopard as well? does it matter if its for intel/ppc?

Yes, you need an Intel mac currently to create the patchstick (using the ATB USB Creator). You don't however need the install CDs.

If you can get someone to create the image for you, you might be able to burn the image yourself from your PPC Mac or more easily from a Linux or Windows machine. This is just an idea and there's no official support for it. What will be supported is creating the image directly from a Linux or Windows machine, however that is still WIP.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

ok so how big will this image file be? can someone make one for us PPC mac users and upload it somewhere?
Considering getting an AppleTV soon to run XBMC, but i have two questions;

1) Will XBMC pass the DTS audio on 720p MKV's over to my onkyo amp for decoding (over HMDI or optical?)

2) The opposite to the last question, for my other room without an amp will the ATV decode the DTS on the fly and output the DD?

Cheers Smile
ok guys how long would it take to create a patchstick? since i don't have a ppc mac. i was planning on stopping by the apple store and doing it on there machines if the process doesn't take too long.
Hi!

I'm new here but not from XBMC. I discovered XBMC for AppleTV a few days ago. I have a simple question for the developer(s).

Is it possible to listen, for example, Apple Trailer Movie encoded with 5.1 AAC and be decode / convert / translate to get the 5.1 work on a receiver that support Dolby Digital / DTS?

If not, will you do the support?

Thank you in advance for your answer!
turbinez Wrote:ok guys how long would it take to create a patchstick? since i don't have a ppc mac. i was planning on stopping by the apple store and doing it on there machines if the process doesn't take too long.

It took about 10 minutes on the imacs at my school. A part of the time was spent downloading the dmg file. I don't know if the apple store computers are connected to the internet, haven't been in one in a long time, but you need to be in order to make the stick. You can download the dmg file ahead of time I think, but I don't know where.
ok i found an old 512mb sandisk cruzer usb flash drive laying around. how can you t ell if its U3? I open it on my mac and see a file called LaunchU3.exe

will i be able to use this flash drive to make the patchstick?
some called "LaunchU3.exe" is a pretty good indication that this flash drive is U3. It will not work so find another.

You don't need any OSX cds. You do need network access to download the AppleTV update. The can be downloaded in advance and you can use the select button to select it.
what flash drive do you recommend i get? will it say on the packaging that its U3 so that i can avoid it?
If the Flash drive says "bootable" on the package labeling it should be fine, Don't go larger than 2GB.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 1) on the Apple TV3