• 13(current)
[APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 1) on the Apple TV
Gamester17 Wrote:Is xbmc_remote available or planned to be available for windows hosts?

What are you referring to exacly? Huh

I am referring to this comment

Quote:You download this command-line app. Stick it in some directory, open a terminal window to that directory. Run it

./xbmc_remote <IP number> 9777

where <IP number> is the IP of your AppleTV.

If you have have enabled remote events by external computer enabled in XBMC on the AppleTV, arrow up, arrow down with the SDL window (host computer) and the arrow up, arrow down gets send to XBMC on the AppleTV. It's just like you have a keyboard connected.

AR aka. loonix
Last night I went to the ATV (frontrow) menu's, updated the software- Once ATV was up to 2.2, I plugged in the patchstick and rebooted... XBMC was re-installed and then I went to "update" for both the launcher and the application and everything seems to be working fine... quite easy.

FYI.
kevinvinv Wrote:Last night I went to the ATV (frontrow) menu's, updated the software- Once ATV was up to 2.2, I plugged in the patchstick and rebooted... XBMC was re-installed and then I went to "update" for both the launcher and the application and everything seems to be working fine... quite easy.

FYI.

Thanks a lot for this vote of confidence - this is actually very promising.
I have been using xbmc on xbox for years and I love it!

I just found out about this version for ATV and I have a few questions:
To get xbmc on the ATV should I use
atvusb-creator first
and then the manual instructions posted at beginning of this thread?

I'm confident in hack manually, but I wonder if there's a tool that saves me time, like the atvusb-creator (even if lacks of doc)

thx
windragz2 Wrote:Thanks a lot for this vote of confidence - this is actually very promising.
I have been using xbmc on xbox for years and I love it!

I just found out about this version for ATV and I have a few questions:
To get xbmc on the ATV should I use
atvusb-creator first
and then the manual instructions posted at beginning of this thread?

I'm confident in hack manually, but I wonder if there's a tool that saves me time, like the atvusb-creator (even if lacks of doc)

atvusb-creator, work in progress Wink

Yes, use atvusb-creator to install the XBMC Launcher plugin, the update to current XBMC Launcher and install XBMC (application)
Is there a sapphire like script for xbmc?

Sapphire gets the avi file name, searchs for it in IMDB/other and organize your video content in a inteligent manner.
Is there a sapphire like script for xbmc?

Sapphire gets the avi file name, searchs for it in IMDB/other and organize your video content in a intelligent manner.
I don't know about the Mac version but the one for XBox has done for years Smile
Hi,
I've installed xbmc and everything worked fine except the remote. Ive read the posts and downloaded the latest XBMC helper from davilla. I transferred it to my ATV with WINscp and give the command 'sudo rm XBMCHelper'. But i dont see a difference. Can someone help me out? In the folder applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC i dont have a file XBMC helper. Just org.xbmc.helper.plist.
Maybe i overlooked something. Thanks for any advice.

í've downloaded and installed XBMC_for_Mac-Atlantis-Beta_2, sorry, i forgot to mention.
jasenbren Wrote:Hi,
I've installed xbmc and everything worked fine except the remote. Ive read the posts and downloaded the latest XBMC helper from davilla. I transferred it to my ATV with WINscp and give the command 'sudo rm XBMCHelper'. But i dont see a difference. Can someone help me out? In the folder applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC i dont have a file XBMC helper. Just org.xbmc.helper.plist.
Maybe i overlooked something. Thanks for any advice.

í've downloaded and installed XBMC_for_Mac-Atlantis-Beta_2, sorry, i forgot to mention.

Don't worry about XBMCHelper with beta2, XBMCLauncher will take care of IR handling.
It is working now! Thanks anyway.
few things to learn (how to go back in the menu from xbmc with remote).
Great forum!
I would just like to thank the devs on this. The thought of not having to transcode movies for viewing on my tv system sounds great.

I would also like to issue a +1 to PowerPC support. All my Macs are PowerPC and the likelihood of me acquiring an Intel Mac in the near future is nil.

Off-topic - Sorry if this has been brought up already, but this is quite a lengthy thread.
Shouldn't it be technically possible for one to image their atvusb-creator created flash drive and upload that image somewhere, allowing someone else to download and clone that image to another flash drive (using Disk Utility, for example)? Has this been tried?
osxrulz Wrote:Shouldn't it be technically possible for one to image their atvusb-creator created flash drive and upload that image somewhere, allowing someone else to download and clone that image to another flash drive (using Disk Utility, for example)? Has this been tried?

Creating an disk image is trivial, providing it in a 100 percent legal method is not. It's not a technology problem but a legal one. The AppleTV boot.efi is required but including it in any download is a violation of Apple IP. I for one will not risk providing any disk images containing boot.efi.

The intel/ppc version of atvusb-creator has passed testing. If I don't get word from googlecode about increasing my download space in a day or so, I'll find another distribution method or just post the ppc version as it will run on both intel/pcc OSX computers.
Well I didn't mean you specifically. Just wondering if my suspicion was correct.

Anyway, I am EAGERLY awaiting the PPC version.

Keep up the great work Smile
davilla released the PPC version this morning.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

osxrulz Wrote:Well I didn't mean you specifically. Just wondering if my suspicion was correct.

Anyway, I am EAGERLY awaiting the PPC version.

Keep up the great work Smile

intel/ppc version is posted now. see the downloads section in atvusb-creator at googlecode.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 1) on the Apple TV3