tvOS: PVR configuration not persistent, not stored after restart
I have explained my one line change to some members of Team Kodi but didn't get any feedback.  I was hoping for help from users to confirm this is indeed the right direction.  It fixes other thing for me advancedsetting.xml etc.  I am confident it is related to the tvOS code removing /private I am just not sure when that is necessary.  My code is complete to the Nexus nightly.

Martin
Sad to report that this issue is still in Kodi 21 beta 1 🥲
Unfortunately, I have noticed that there have been no bug fixes on the AppleTV platform in the last two major releases, Kodi 20 and Kodi 21, including betas. This is reflected in the release notes. It is a pity that the supported picture formats (HDR10, Dolby Digital etc.) and sound formats (Atmos etc.) are not implemented and supported on the platform.

I think the AppleTV platform is one of the best solutions for Kodi, but unfortunately it is completely neglected by the developer community.

Too bad ..... but I don't see any improvement.

guibaa
AppleTV 4K Release 17.2 with Kodi 17.6  & Kodi 20.2.0
QNAP NAS TVS-872XT - Build 5.1.2.2533
@kambala any chance that you can fix this with the help from @emveepee so we can leave Kodi 19 ? 🙏
(2023-11-09, 22:30)Jönke Wrote: @kambala any chance that you can fix this with the help from @emveepee so we can leave Kodi 19 ? 🙏

No one, including you, bothered to take me up on my offer to provide a test app with the change to see if it will even work.  I am not sure it is a solution, there seems to be a fundamental issue on tvOS with the pseudo XML use, maybe a file existence change is required?  It does work for pvr.nextpvr and allows multi-instance etc but that doesn't mean it is a fix suitable for Kodi.
Sorry must have missed anytalk of yours testapp. I will test an report back if your still willing to provide a build and point me to install instructions. Because to day i use a service for that
I rebuilt it yesterday. Sorry if I was a bit harsh in my response I pretty much forget how to package any builds on macOS and it took time to remember the process since I first did it.  I built it to Nexus master (potential 20.3) with current pvr.nextpvr, iptvsimple, htis and inputputstream adaptive.  Is there any other you need?
sorry, I haven't really followed this thread / issue. Do you already have a working patch? Just submit a pull request to https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc against master branch, later it can be backported to v20. v19 won't receive any updates any more, but you can apply your changes to v19 branch on your own and build manually.
Thanks both of you for take time to answer 🙏 A PR would be sure nice to see.

@emveepe if you have your build up n running on your atv i can provide access to my Tvheadend server if needed, just let me know. On the other hand a simple test just change ip from 127.0 to something else to see if it gets saved without having access to Tvheadend backend should do it right ?
(2023-11-10, 13:00)Jönke Wrote: @emveepe if you have your build up n running on your atv i can provide access to my Tvheadend server if needed, just let me know. On the other hand a simple test just change ip from 127.0 to something else to see if it gets saved without having access to Tvheadend backend should do it right ?

I don't use tvOS or Apple for that matter except for testing and I think it needs more testing than that since it is not just PVR it is potentially integrated in all XML based file interaction.   An example, in my case in addition to PVR I couldn't get advancedsettings.xml to work as I expected, after the patch it did work.   

Here is the git diff for my change. I would do a PR but I think it is a hack showing why PVR was failing.  I think it is worth figuring out why and when str_private is not being added to /var/ in some calls in the vfs.  Feel free to open a PR if you want.  

Code:
index 93707608cb..df626432a2 100644
--- a/xbmc/platform/darwin/tvos/TVOSNSUserDefaults.mm
+++ b/xbmc/platform/darwin/tvos/TVOSNSUserDefaults.mm
@@ -10,6 +10,7 @@
#import "filesystem/SpecialProtocol.h"
#import "utils/URIUtils.h"
+#import "utils/StringUtils.h"
#import "utils/log.h"
#import "platform/darwin/ios-common/NSData+GZIP.h"
@@ -96,6 +97,10 @@ static bool translatePathIntoKey(const std::string& path, std::string& key)
     std::string endingDirectory = URIUtils::GetDirectory(fullKeyPath);
     if (subpath == endingDirectory)
     {
+      if (StringUtils::StartsWith(fullKeyPath, "/var/"))
+      {
+        fullKeyPath = str_private + fullKeyPath;
+      }
       contents.push_back(fullKeyPath);
     }
   }

Martin
I`ll leave the PR to someone else , i dont have the skills. But i`ll do some reading how to sideload your test build. I guess it wont F-up my current kodi install? Thanks !
The zip I sent you needs to be unzipped to get the ipa but otherwise instructions should be the same as with the deb.  I used the great script here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=374887 pvr.hts is the current versioned one from Jenkins.
@emveepee I´ve been googling for hours for newbee guides from start to end for complete guides to setup all of this with free dev account, apple configurator, kodi etc. But this seems exactly as hard as i expekted Sad
I hope that someone else with this all ready in place can contact you to try your test build. Or if @kambala could do a quick test of git diff from above ?
@Jönke how do you install the deb file?  The file I gave you should install the same way.  What error are you getting?

Also the ipa I sent you was already signed with my credentials,  I don't know the process or if you even need to resign it before installing it.
I did not ,i payed for the service once a year

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvOS: PVR configuration not persistent, not stored after restart0