Using External Hard Drive
I have it set up on a Vista pc and am trying to set up my external drive(which has all my videos) in the library. The real location is "Z:\Videos". In the library setup, it shows the address as "C:\[account name]\appdata\roaming\xmbx\cache".
Sorry but you're going to have to put a little more effort into describing your problem...
I'm having the same problem under XP. When trying to add a video source that is an external hard drive, clicking on it refers to the above mentioned location instead of the (in my case) Z:\ drive, where I store some video files.

To try to explain it better: the Z:\ drive is perfectly visible in XBMC, clicking it just takes me to the above location, instead of to the Z:\ drive.

If you need any other info please let me know!
Using the Beta 1 btw
I've had the same problem with my usb hdd attached to my router.
The problem is that xbmc uses the letter Z: to map cache just like the xbox port does.
Try mapping the drive to M: or any other letter (don't map it to X: YSmile.
That solved my problem.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=XBMC_for...content.3F
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Excellent! simple solution as always, but thanks a lot guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using External Hard Drive0