xbmcvfs.translatePath not working in Android
(2023-07-20, 21:06)lpence Wrote: Yes, I installed zip file normally but it never created the folder in Android. The settings file shows up inside the folder and addon works flawlessly in other platforms

I presume the settings.xml file wasn't there previously since the userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.rtd/ folder never got created until now.  So settings wouldn't have been working either.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-07-21, 00:52)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2023-07-20, 21:06)lpence Wrote: Yes, I installed zip file normally but it never created the folder in Android. The settings file shows up inside the folder and addon works flawlessly in other platforms

I presume the settings.xml file wasn't there previously since the userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.rtd/ folder never got created until now.  So settings wouldn't have been working either.

Jeff

it should have been using the default settings that were defined

i just tested this behavior with a random addon -
the settings.xml was only created after a setting was changed - or maybe after settings were opened, just install did not generate the folder or file
(2023-07-21, 01:09)jepsizofye Wrote: it should have been using the default settings that were defined

the settings.xml was only created after a setting was changed - or maybe after settings were opened, just install did not generate the folder or file

That is interesting.  I am not sure how it could get the defaults if it couldn't get to the addon settings.xml file.  But I don't know how Kodi does that internally.  That is interesting that the addon_data settings.xml file doesn't get created until a setting change.  I've never seen that on non-Android Kodi instances.  This explains the issue that was seen.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-07-21, 01:09)jepsizofye Wrote:
(2023-07-21, 00:52)jbinkley60 Wrote:

Jeff

it should have been using the default settings that were defined

That is correct settings file is only created after you access settings from the menu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcvfs.translatePath not working in Android0