Menu text turns to blocks when after video playback
I'm using the Beta 1 version, but I had this problem in the Alpha 4 version too.

When I exit video playback the menu's text appear like grey blocks (using PM.HD and PM3).

I think it might be similar to this bug here.

I don't know how to take screen shots, but I can provide them if someone tells me how.

I am using an ATI 800GT. I am running at 1280x720 in all respects.

I am using the glrectangle hack. Any other information that is need I can provide.
make your gui res = video res. That's the only workaround atm.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Currently I have my GUI set to 720p and my video playback to 720p also. When you say "video res" do you mean the actually res of the video file (like 480p wide screen?)
I had this problem

Set GUI Res to 1920x1080 (1080p Screen)

Set Video Res to Best Available - This cured the blocked text for me.
Smile 
vickyl Wrote:I had this problem

I did something similar yesterday after messing with the setting all day. It actually worked, no more white blocks. Big Grin Odd solution since the best available resolution is the one I picked in the first place. Huh

Set Gui to the native resolution of your monitor and then the video resolution to Best Available.
Intel NUC NUC5PPYH
  • Intel Pentium N3700 Quad-Core (Braswell)
  • Intel 535 Series 120GB 2.5" SSD
  • Kingston HyperX Impact 8GB DDR3L 1600 1.35v
  • Microsoft MCE Remote RC6 IR Model 1039
  • Kodi 17 LibreELEC Testbuilds Milhouse
Maverick-DBZ-, that did the trick.

For anyone in the future, you need to do this to fix the problem:
Set GUI to the native resolution of your monitor and then the video resolution to "Best Available".
i did exaktly that: put the screen to 1280x720 fullscreen..
my tv has that native resolution.

i tried to put the video player to "best available" and to 720p..

i still get the graphical errors ("destroyed background" etc) after some time clicking through the gui.

(i even tried putting the screen to 1080p, to let the tv scale the picture...same results).

Any other ideas ?
vickyl Wrote:I had this problem

This cured the blocked text for me also on my 1080p LCD. However I found the next time I opened XBMC it was in full screen but was only taking up the upper left portion of the screen. I managed to fix this by adjusting the screen size settings and making huge adjustments to the bottom right. It then works fine in full screen but wanted to report this as it just doesn't seem right. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu text turns to blocks when after video playback0