Stop side menu hiding on mouse move / hide top menu on pause / missing video titles
Hiyo.
I'm running Kodi 20.1 on Windows 10, using a wireless keyboard w/ mouse pad for control, and Amber skin.
There's a few things that have always been a little awkward, but I've just lived with them as they're fairly minor. One issue was, any accidental touch of the mousepad during video playback would bring up the OSD (bottom menu), so I'd have to hit Esc to hide it. However, I just found the solution for that (keymaps > NoMouseMove.xml), so 1 down!

So I figured it'd be worth asking if the other things are also fixable:

1) If I go to the TV Shows or Movies screens, there are 3 buttons on the top bar - Home, Back and Settings. On clicking the Settings button, a sidebar pops up on the left, including Misc Options > Update Library. This is how I'd usually update the library after adding new videos. The problem is, as soon as I move the mouse cursor to click the option, the sidebar auto hides. Is there a way to stop this behaviour? I can catch it if I'm quick (!) but it's just a mild annoyance.
I tend click the Settings buttons, then use up / down arrows and Enter to select, and avoid touching the mousepad. I've also added the option to the Power Menu, so I can now update from the initial menu screen, too, so it's not the end of the world if this cannot be fixed...

2) Whilst playing a video, if I pause, the top bar is displayed with showing Paused, time remaining etc. Is there a way to hide this bar? Whether after a delay or on a keypress or anything? Would just be handy occasionally, such as when text is displayed at the top of the screen in addition to the subs at the bottom.

3) Recently, when adding new movies to the library, they will show up at the top of the list without a title, so I have to manually rename them. Not sure if I've inadvertently changed a setting somehow, or if it was a bug with the last version (I see Kodi 20.2 is now available), or maybe the video files were missing some tags or something. Anyway, any reason why this might be happening / any way to fix? I'll update to the latest version soon, just in case.

Cheers.
2) this is skin specific, default estuary has an auto hide option but i dont know about amber

why not disable mouse support in kodi altogether since it doesn't work properly for you in various scenarios?
Well, most things in Kodi work absolutely fine with the mousepad - the main menu, settings and power menus, navigating files / movies / TV show lists, etc. So I wouldn't want to disable mouse support. Definitely seems easier using it than remembering keyboard shortcuts.
I really only had a couple of small irritations with the mouspad, and one of those is now resolved with the keymaps file, so I was hoping maybe something similar could be done to solve the other issue - and if not, well, as I said, I have the workaround - I'll just begin updating the library with the option I added to the power menu.

Thanks anyway. I can redirect number 2) to the Amber forum.
1/ is also specific to Amber. The default Estuary skin lets you click an "Options" button, the side panel opens and there is no need to race to click the Update Library button.
Most skins (if not all) have full support for keyboard navigation. You have to find the proper directional arrow to press while focus is in the right place. There usually is a visual indication.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
You need to entertain a few 'other' skins, or address these concerns with the author of the skin you use. Some skins are more mouse reflective than others while the majority enjoy a 10' interface with a remote wand.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop side menu hiding on mouse move / hide top menu on pause / missing video titles0