Casting to Kodi?
For the past few years I've been using a chromecast, and recently switched to Kodi on a raspberry pi.

The experience has been great thus far, though I'm sorely missing one thing - the fact that just about every video-playing app and website were able to automatically find the chromecast on the network, and display a "cast" button.
I've been searching around online and the only solution I've been able to find is to use the SendToKodi add-on, and then share video links to Kore/Yatse from the share menu. This is nowhere near as seamless, and it only supports whichever applications have a Kodi addon.

For context, I use an Android - I've looked around in Kodi settings and found that it has AirPlay support. Is there some kind of technical limitation for the lack of casting support on non-Apple devices? What protocol do the above-mentioned websites and apps even use to find and display castable devices, and what would it take for Kodi, or an add-on, to identify itself as one and receive streams?
Enable UPnP within Kodi then use something like BubbleUPnP to cast to Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Casting to Kodi?0