v21 High precision processing
Video 
V.21 settings - video - high precision processing on by default but ... this software/hardware related ?

Any more info on what difference this makes I.e I'm set to Dxva/hardware as I only use progressive content 2160p and 1080p
Any info please 🙏 will say I auto turn it off when setting up kodi and carry on as normal does this make any difference atall apart from use "more system resources" if turned on.
It's a more correct behavior by default.
The meaning could be expanded in the future but for now it means that HDR sources will always be processed with at least 10 bits to maintain the precision of the data.
Same effect on dxva and pixel shaders render method.
Without the setting it could drop down to 8 bit processing, with a little extra banding, when playing as SDR (with tonemapping) and the "use 10 bits" setting is off or auto with AMD (ie the behavior before the setting was added)

It makes no difference for HDR played as HDR.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2023-07-20, 02:42)CrystalP Wrote: It's a more correct behavior by default.
The meaning could be expanded in the future but for now it means that HDR sources will always be processed with at least 10 bits to maintain the precision of the data.
Same effect on dxva and pixel shaders render method.
Without the setting it could drop down to 8 bit processing, with a little extra banding, when playing as SDR (with tonemapping) and the "use 10 bits" setting is off or auto with AMD (ie the behavior before the setting was added)

It makes no difference for HDR played as HDR.

Ty for that explanation so do I just leave it turned on? 🙂
yes unless your gpu is struggling (unlikely)
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2023-07-20, 18:54)CrystalP Wrote: yes unless your gpu is struggling (unlikely)

1080ti should be fine haha and ty 😊

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High precision processing0