Do I have a settings ssues somewhere, please help
So am running Kodi 20.1 on a RPI4 with the OSMC 5.15.83-2 version (basically June 2023, latest version).
Now I've read various articles that talk about setting some sound value trueHD - I just dont see it.

I own the latest hi end Panasonix LZ2000 77" and it is able to detect Dolby Atmos as the words appear in the top right corner of the screen when watching something from Amazon Prime encoded with it.
If i play a mkv , which has atmos encoded all that shows up on screen is DD (i guess dolby digital). At first i thought let me check the mkv via mediainfo and it states for audio:
English, 768kb/s, 48.0 kHz, 6 channels, E-AC-3 JOC (Dolby Digital Plus with Dolby Atmos).

So is it actually working even though it displays DD on TV and not dolby atmos or is my mkv not really Dolby Atmos?

Not sure if anyone has a screenshot of all the audio settings in the Kodi Audio section to compare with mine, if that is, it works for you. I would upload mine, but not quite sure how to do that!
dependent on hardware
not available over SPDIF

if your system supports it then the settings are here - https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/audio-hardw...figuration
It's literally a very simple layout hdmi out fom RPI4 into the HDMI port2 of the tv screen which as i said is capable of receiving a doly atmos.
OK, so the aricle does try and cover all angles of audio. But the section heading for me would be "When using the HDMI output of your OSMC device for audio".

Now having read this again there is mention of
TrueHD passthrough: enabled* (if your AVR/soundbar/TV supports it)
As I mentioned my tv is capabale of playing Dolby Atmos - which i  gather is the same thing, but do not see this as an option .

So in my Kodi Audio - for my audio passthrough section I only see these options:
allow passthrough
passthrough output device:  vc4-hdmi-0(vc4hdmi0), MEI Panasonic-TV on HDMI ( chosen from the drop down list-seemed the most appropriate)
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable reciever: ON
DTS capable receiver: ON

And that it in that section , no TrueHD options...?
When i play the mkv and hit the info button and check the media , its states audio codev eac3, audio channels 6, birate 768 kb/s and my tv shows no dolby atnos logo, and no DD.
However when i change the audio options to 2.0 from 7.1 I get the DD logo appear , but still no ATMOS. plus simply changing from 7.1 to 2.0 and getting DD to appear does not make sense.
Oops, just read a bit further down in the article..
Raspberry Pis do not support DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD passthrough.
If you’d like to get the best audio experience by decoding HD audio DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD tracks to surround LPCM, disable this setting on your Vero 2 or RPi+

Really, is this up to date infomartion? The article is about OSMC setup, but I'm sure I've read people have it working on KODI RPI's.
Anyway what is surround LPCM, is that better than simply leaving it to decode and play in DD, which appears the best i can get it to?
You need to change the settings level to "Expert" to see the additional passthrough settings - for your file you need E-AC3 (it your TV supports it).

RPi0-3 don't support TrueHD/DTS HD passthrough due to hardware limitations but on RPi4 it works fine (at least in LibreELEC and RPiOS - not sure about OSMC).

so long,

Hias
Yes, I am on expert level and yes I do see the addtional passthrough parameters, but no TrueHD - so i guess not ALL the adtional parameters. I have a RPI 4 running OSMC.
So perhaps it's OSMC, but then I would haev thought those settings are to do with KODI and the version being used.
It could be that the OSMC kernel s missing these changes - without those the Kodi settings might not show up with some TVs
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/pull/5518

Best to ask on the OSMC forum about it

so long,

Hias

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do I have a settings ssues somewhere, please help0