Kodi 19.4 on Raspbian 11 - Raspberry PI 3
Hello,

I use Kodi on Raspbian for many years and I am really happy to use it. Thanks to all people involved in this software.
I actually use Kodi 18.7 on Raspbian 10 with a Raspberry Pi 3B Rev1.2 on usb hard drive.
No issue with that, but some addons seems to be not upgraded any more.
So I decided to upgrade my all system.
I made a fresh install with Raspberry Imager with Raspbian 11(Raspberry PI OS 11).
So I used the official repo (sudo apt install kodi) with some dependecies.
It installed Kodi 19.4.
I use a remote database on a different server with advancedsettings.xml
Even if I can launch it, the system is very slow and close each time I launch a movie (basic movie .mkv h264)
Unfortunately (and it is weird), I don't have any kodi crashlog.
When I read the kodi log, the only thing I felt strange is something about CDRM Atomic...
I guess I have an issue with something about video software or codec or settings but I don't know which one...

So any help would be much appreciated 😀
Thanks !
(2023-07-24, 05:03)lamaisondelou69 Wrote: When I read the kodi log, the only thing I felt strange is something about CDRM Atomic...

Right now, you are the only one who has access to your kodi log. No one else can read. That doesn't help us.
Use a pastebin service to upload the log, so others can read it too as crystal balls are hard to come by.
Here is the Kodi Log I have
So ? No idea ?
Thread moved to Pi support
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2023-07-24, 17:40)lamaisondelou69 Wrote: Here is the Kodi Log I have
I can't see any errors in this log.
Were you trying to play a file that failed?

Can you also provide the contents of your config.txt?
Thanks for your reply.
The behaviour is weird. When I launch Kodi manually, it starts without errors. But when I want to play a movie or a TV show or try to refresh, it becomes very slow and stop. Without any error log.
So I don't know in which way I can look for...
Here is the CONFIG.TXT file

If you have any idea ...
Thanks
Start by removing:
Code:
gpu_mem=260

That is just wasting memory (no one is able to use it).
Thanks.
I don't remember the default value. I just replaced it by 92.
Kodi 19.4 launched manually
Message version 20.1 available. Just click OK. No install.
Move "flying" with mouse fast and stable.
Click on Movies, launch one. Launch OK.
Scroll down OK
Second movie launch OK

Launch "Scan TV Show". Seems to work.
Launch playing movie in the same time : freeze and log message "source too low". First time I see this message.

Anyway, change the gpu_mem parameter in config.txt seems to solve my issue.
Many thanks for your help !

If I could abuse...
- which parameter do you advice for gpu_mem on RPI3B ?
- what do you think about the message "source too low" ? (Server and player are linked by RJ45 CAT6) The case when I refresh my library and read a movie is rare but... If you have any advice...

Thanks a lot !
(2023-08-09, 15:55)lamaisondelou69 Wrote: I don't remember the default value. I just replaced it by 92.
Just remove it. That is how a default install has it and is the right setting for 99% of users.
Hello,

I still have issues with this damn 19.4 version.
The issue is : some movies are flickering with subtitles. I mean the image is frozen with each subtitle. So the reading is not fluent. And the experience is bad.

My config is :
- 1 raspberry 4 to manage the databases
- 1 debian server to save movies
- 1 raspberry 3 with kodi 19.4 as player.
- I also have a PC with Ubuntu 22.04 and Kodi 19.4 (by wifi)
- all the system inside my house, ethernet cat 6.

On the Ubuntu PC, no issue. (But in wifi)
With the raspberry 3, movies are flickering when there are subtitles. And the raspberry is linked with cat 6 cable.

I don't know if the raspberry 3 is unable to handle Kodi 19.4 (no issue with Kodi 18), or if my settings are bad...

And I don't know where to look for.

If anyone has an idea....

thanks in advance
On Raspberry
Hello,

I still have issues with this damn 19.4 version.
The issue is : some movies are flickering with subtitles. I mean the image is frozen with each subtitle. So the reading is not fluent. And the experience is bad.

My config is :
- 1 raspberry 4 to manage the databases
- 1 debian server to save movies
- 1 raspberry 3 with kodi 19.4 as player. Raspbian as OS.
- I also have a PC with Ubuntu 22.04 and Kodi 19.4 (by wifi)
- all the system inside my house, ethernet cat 6.

On the Ubuntu PC, no issue. (But in wifi)
With the raspberry 3, movies are flickering when there are subtitles. And the raspberry is linked with cat 6 cable.

I don't know if the raspberry 3 is unable to handle Kodi 19.4 (no issue with Kodi 18), or if my settings are bad...

And I don't know where to look for.

If anyone has an idea....

thanks in advance
i asked google and it spit this link out, seems relevant and you didnt say you tried any config changes https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroPie/commen...lickering/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.4 on Raspbian 11 - Raspberry PI 30