Support for WTV files? Microsoft Windows Media Center recording format
where do we stand with this effort? Can we now play WTV files? I have not had any luck with this.
(2012-01-07, 22:39)Joshuas-Dad Wrote: Just giving this thread a bump. I to have the issues mentioned above, and the file only plays for 20-30 minutes.

Exact same issue - I'm searching to see if there is anything "new" on this topic - but stumbled on this thread first. I am able to play back the first 25 minutes or so and then XBMC dumps me back out to the prior menu. I did have some issues (choppy/dropped frames) with the interlacing but resolved those...but my wife wasn't overly thrilled when XBMC stopped playing her first recorded soap this evening ;-)

Had to go back and watch in WMC...

Is there any update or other info available on how to resolve this?

thanks
sr
i ditched MCE and steered clear of .wtv and switched to NPVR - no regrets! Within hours managed to learn/create batch file to convert .ts file to other formats so that was great Nod
(2012-04-06, 22:18)pinelights Wrote: i ditched MCE and steered clear of .wtv and switched to NPVR - no regrets! Within hours managed to learn/create batch file to convert .ts file to other formats so that was great Nod

I admit I have not tried NPVR but I have not seen any par that works as well, set and forget, and is also wife/kid friendly.

Does NPVR integrate into xbmc seamlessly where everything can be controlled from xbmc?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Not that i know of but using 2 separate stuff for livetv/pvr and media files/addons does not bother me if it's all good Tongue The best part is i am using a Hauppauge remote and learnt how to assign the blue button (usually idle/not used at all) to launch NPVR Nod
ffmpeg was bumped so .wtv should work fine now. You need to build xbmc from source as the nightlies did not resume.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm still having the issue where the wrong audio stream is started for .wtv files. Can anyone else confirm?
in order to play wtv on any meida player or portable device, a recommended solution is convert wtv to a more popular video format like convert wtv to avi, wmv, mp4, mov, vob, flv, asf, mpg and etc at http://www.idealshare.net/wtv-converter.html
And if you convert anything make sure you have a codec to play it. Recommending the SHARK007 codecs for 32 and 64 bit systems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for WTV files? Microsoft Windows Media Center recording format1