Aeon MQ9: Backdrop - Fanart collection?
Video 
Doing a clean install on a new NVIDIA Shield and realized I had to learn a new Aeon skin (again- previous Nox 5 have been working with KODI 20.2 as well). Trying to get it to look as close as possible to get maximum WAF.

However, one of the trivial things is that a) I cannot find a simple "random fanart background" for menu items such as Movies and TV-series. I have been trying the "Backdrop - Fanart collection" - but that does not change anything. (?)

While I got your attention... I have also not been able to enable to "show status" on items toggling "seen/unseen" - which normally shows a checkmark in the corner or such. Any ideas?

Thank you for your time!
From running XBMC on OSX, iOS and Windows to using KODI on a NVIDIA Shield (Android) and loving it!
(2023-07-30, 10:45)Idus Wrote: Doing a clean install on a new NVIDIA Shield and realized I had to learn a new Aeon skin (again- previous Nox 5 have been working with KODI 20.2 as well). Trying to get it to look as close as possible to get maximum WAF.

However, one of the trivial things is that a) I cannot find a simple "random fanart background" for menu items such as Movies and TV-series. I have been trying the "Backdrop - Fanart collection" - but that does not change anything. (?)

While I got your attention... I have also not been able to enable to "show status" on items toggling "seen/unseen" - which normally shows a checkmark in the corner or such. Any ideas?

Thank you for your time!

For the fanart issue: Press down once on Main menu under Movie and enter the Quick Edit menu. you should now be in Main Menu Customisation - Movies. Couple options here:
     Change Backdrop  - Multiple Images  Select a folder to seu
     Change Backdrop - Use Grab Fanart Script  Install the script and adjust the slider bar
     Use Collection Fanarts  Selecting this may auto-run artwork downloader

Should just work. I (and I think most users) use the Grab Fanart script for both Movies and TV.

With the Show status, how does your customise the complementary arts page look? 

(2023-07-30, 15:54)RonnieG3 Wrote: For the fanart issue: Press down once on Main menu under Movie and enter the Quick Edit menu. you should now be in Main Menu Customisation - Movies. Couple options here:
     Change Backdrop  - Multiple Images  Select a folder to seu
     Change Backdrop - Use Grab Fanart Script  Install the script and adjust the slider bar
     Use Collection Fanarts  Selecting this may auto-run artwork downloader

Should just work. I (and I think most users) use the Grab Fanart script for both Movies and TV.
Thank you! Smile

It was far from the choice that says "show random fanart as background" on my previous Aeon Nox theme. Wink However, I do not have the fanart in a single folder or will get into scripts (being both novice and having low effort battery at the moment) - so I will be without for the time being. I can survive without.

Found the enabling icon for the "watched/unwatched" and it works perfect now! Thanx again!  Nod
From running XBMC on OSX, iOS and Windows to using KODI on a NVIDIA Shield (Android) and loving it!
That's why we're all here buddy!! One happy family helping however we can.
@Idus,  if you have the items scraped, you need to have the artwork organizer addon installed, now go to customize the main menu, and activate the option to use collection fanart as background images.

Download artwork Organizer here

https://files.xbmcbrasil.net/script.artw...-6.1.1.zip 

It works using the original Skin Aeon MQ9, I don´t know if works with skin mods versions.

Now you have fanart cycling in the main menu item.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ9: Backdrop - Fanart collection?0