OS X My Kodi library is on a Windows computer - how can I transfer it to a Mac?
My Kodi library is on a Windows computer and I want to transfer the whole library to a Mac Ventura OS. Can someone please tell me how to do that? It's a big library so trying to start it again from scratch is a very long process.
The best solution is to Export to Separate Files. This will create nfo files. Do you have local artwork? If you do, then don't export artwork. If you don't have local artwork, then you will need to export artwork and actors also.

Then on your Mac, run a library update and the nfo files will be read into the library. See My Signature below for link to the wiki page.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Wink 
Thanks very much. I'll do that.
Question 
I exported all the data successfully but when I tried the update library on the mac it didn't add anything to the library on the Mac.
I spent hours trying to get the Mac version of Kodi to actually add ANYTHING to the library.
I went to the file manager and added the drive with the videos.
Then I could go to that drive and see and play the videos on it --- but they were not added to the library so when I went to the movies button on the menu it said the library was empty.
I followed the instructions - again - and again - and again - to add the disk to the library. Also doing the update library every time.
Then I tried going to one TV show folder from the files button shown under the main menu tab, right clicking on it and selecting define contents.
Selected TV show. Nothing. Then I right clicked on it again and selected "scan to library" (an option not available before I defined the contents).
It scanned it and came up with the TV show poster. BUT there were no episodes listed. Zero. Nada. Zilch.
What's worse is now I can't even get into that folder to see the episodes.
Kodi works perfectly on my Windows computer. Never had an issue with it or any problem adding new shows and movies. But I just can't get the Mac OS Ventura 13.3.1 to cooperate. 
Is anyone else having this problem with the Mac Kodi?
Any suggestions on how I get the files to register on the library correctly?
Oops. I just read the Kodi Wiki for beginners and it says I should never add a whole drive as the source - apparently even if that entire drive has nothing but movies or TV shows. I've had the two separate drives for years on the Windows Kodi and it worked just fine. Moving everything into one folder on each of the drives might help... or it might not. And it might mess it up for my Windows computer.
Hello Smile

The best and easiest way to migrate Kodi libraries is to use the backup feature,
It is located in under program add-ons

I use this am able to share my library between my Windows PC / Android TV and MAC

I would recommend that you disable the option to backup Thumbnails/Fanart as it will result in a backup being fairly massive.

Let me know if you need more information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Kodi library is on a Windows computer - how can I transfer it to a Mac?0