Live CD causes error/crash in VPC 2007
Hi all,

I just found out this good looking software. So I gave it a try by testing it on a Virtual Machine. Microsoft Virtual PC 2007. I mounted the Live iso and booted the virtual system.

I tried all options (0,1,2,3) and always I am getting this error:

Does someone have the same problem like me? Maybe someone is familiar with this error? Please help me out.

Thanks in advance. I wish you all good luck with further developping XBMC!

Kind Regards,
Tim
tim2005 Wrote:Hi all,

I just found out this good looking software. So I gave it a try by testing it on a Virtual Machine. Microsoft Virtual PC 2007. I mounted the Live iso and booted the virtual system.

I tried all options (0,1,2,3) and always I am getting this error:

Does someone have the same problem like me? Maybe someone is familiar with this error? Please help me out.

Thanks in advance. I wish you all good luck with further developping XBMC!

Kind Regards,
Tim

try
Problem:
“An unrecoverable processor error has been encountered.”
reset, loop forever.
Solution:
Following settings worked for me.
F4 – Safe Graphics Mode
F6 – add “vga=791 noreplace-paravirt”

(belg of nler? 'fout' Wink)
keep in mind that:

1. VPC is not the best one if you intend to virtualize Linux, guess why..
2. You won't be able to start XBMC since it requires OpenGL-accelerated graphic cards, so you may end up being able to build the Live USB, best case...
@icekiller
Well... I keep on pushing F4 and F6, but nothing is working here? Although I tried typing it after 'boot:' but that didn't work neither.

(I from NL, btw)

@l.capriotti
I fully understand your first point Smile But about your second point I am not totally sure because lots of other apps do work, maybe I'll test it when we get it to work...

Thanks for your reply icekiller and l.capriotti. Someone has an idea?

Kind Regards,
tim
Type the number for the menu item you want and then the arguments, like so:

boot: 0 vga=791 noreplace-paravirt

That enabled me to perform the install. But I'm still unable to wedge those parameters in at boot time, once the installation is done. Seems to be no hotkeys for the boot prompt?
Quote:I fully understand your first point Smile But about your second point I am not totally sure because lots of other apps do work,
Virtualization does not support 3D acceleration at this point. VMWare has some basic Direct3D acceleration, but it's still buggy. VirtualPC has no hardware 3D acceleration at all right now. XBMC uses OpenGL for graphics, which in turn, uses hardware acceleration. Therefore, XBMC will now work fully under a virtual machine, especially VirtualPC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live CD causes error/crash in VPC 20070