• 2(current)
Problems going to windowed mode
@andye26
I already have that, it's just i dont know how to make translator run a shortcut modified by ultramon to run on the 2nd display.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
this is not worth my time. i am very computer literate and i'm still having tons of issues. i can get it to open on my secondary screen but it always comes up at 480p even though i have it manually set to 1280x720.

i'll just wait until this simple crap gets fixed.
Ahh I had that problem as well
Arguments cant be in the shortcut name

eg
Application
"C:\Program Files\UltraMon\UltraMonShortcuts.exe"

Start Folder
C:\Program Files\UltraMon
opps

Parameters
/l C:\ProgramData\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\ShellShortcuts\XBMC.umshortcut

Andy
althekiller Wrote:Try setting the environment variable SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=1. I have no damn clue where to do this in that thing microsoft calls an OS that you're running so that's going to take some additional googling on your part.

Tried this, didn't change a thing.
i've put your parameters and still doesn't work

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08

Dont use my settings

cut everything after ....ultramonshortcuts.exe"
from application

then paste that into parameters

Andy
andye26 Wrote:xbs08

Dont use my settings

cut everything after ....ultramonshortcuts.exe"
from application

then paste that into parameters

Andy

Thanks a lot, works like a charme! Big Grin

Well I tried making the second display the primary display using either CCC for ATI cards or by using the display properties in windoze and changing the display you want fullscreen XBMC on to Primary display. It works perfectly for me but Im not too bothered about using my PC while Im watching stuff on XBMC. This might not work for you if you need to carry on working while somone else is watching as if you try to open some programs they will automatically open on the primary display unless you move them of course, which can be a pain in the arse.

My setup involves a 20" LCD TFT and a Samsung 40" LCD TV 720p HDCP panel. When I make the Samsung my primary display start XBMC in fullscreen mode every thing works like a charm, when Im finished using XBMC I just put the primary display back to the 20" LCD. Hope this helps someone, oh yeah my graphics card is a HD3650 ATI 512mb ram on AGP not PCI-E, I really dont know if it will be any different if your setup is any more different but the same principles apply I think. ANyway hope it helps someone.
so in the nutshell is something like this possible:

e.g.

playing COD2 on my 20" primary 1680x1050 monitor using keyboard and mouse while browsing XBMC on my 37" 1360x768 LCD TV using remote ? can this be done ?
crni Wrote:so in the nutshell is something like this possible:

e.g.

playing COD2 on my 20" primary 1680x1050 monitor using keyboard and mouse while browsing XBMC on my 37" 1360x768 LCD TV using remote ? can this be done ?
sorry, this is the missing pic:
I dont have COD4 and Im not sure what remote you are using so I couldnt really tell you. The only thing is to try and see if it works, i would just change your primary display to the 37 inch and launch XBMC then from your 20 inch display launch the shortcut for COD4. Mind you running both of these is gonna take a beast of a system to be honest.
No, 'cause mouse and keyboard will still be in use by XBMC.

you can use CCC(ati cataylst control centre) to swap the displays under CCC > Display manager > main(swap display maintaning pixel/aspect ratio). This allows your primary display ie LCD monitor to keeps it res which in my case is 19" 1440 X 900 and the HD LCD TV to keep its 1024X720 ratio. When you disonnect and swap back between primary and secondary monitor. the screen res will be normal and not meesed up.
Note: one thing i did find was that the icons seemed to be messed up after changing back, but i do have a lot of icons on the desktop(this is probably due to 1024X720 not being able to show all icons on screen and spilling over onto monitor)
crni Wrote:so in the nutshell is something like this possible:

e.g.

NOpe sorry, cause as someone else said, XBMC takes Keyboard/Mouse over, and also runs using openGL, so running games at the same time will cause big troubles.

XBMC MEdia Center is designed as a full shell for your system, and I doubt that will ever change.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems going to windowed mode3