• 4(current)
Problems going to windowed mode
I wanted to see THANK YOU for the little app you made. Maybe its a good idea to make a new topic for the app.
frotsen Wrote:@oscarliu

Can you try to just run the program the regular way. (double click on it) Then in the form, browse to xbmc and type 1 in Monitor nr, then see if its starts xbmc correct?

frotsen,

Just tried it. Same thing happened, i.e., XBMC seems to launch on the primary monitor for a flash second and then minimize to the bottom bar. After clicking "move", the secondary monitor becomes all white. I then press ESC and XBMC appears finally on the secondary monitor. Can you help?

This app is great and it's what I want if it works as planned.
A little note
When i do not have my second monitor activated. And i launch my link it will give a exception.

It's not a big problem but it is nice if you could catch the exception.
oscarliu Wrote:frotsen,

Just tried it. Same thing happened, i.e., XBMC seems to launch on the primary monitor for a flash second and then minimize to the bottom bar. After clicking "move", the secondary monitor becomes all white. I then press ESC and XBMC appears finally on the secondary monitor. Can you help?

This app is great and it's what I want if it works as planned.

Exactly the same here Sad

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I connect 2 screen,main screen is PC LCD,the other is TV LCD,I want XBMC display in TV LCD,how can I do?
Try searching the forum and you'll find what you need.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Hey

Here we go again.... I had 10 minutes free today so i added a new option Always on top. I also added a new commanline option override. If this is specified the program launches xbmc with the settings specified in the Form.

eks
Xbmclaunch.exe override

the regular way of launching it is
xbmcLaunch.exe xbmcPath,monitornr
xbmcLaunch.exe C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe,2

I did also try to figure out why it for someone starts in "minimized mode". Could not reproduce it, but now i set focus on xbmc after its moved to the desired screen.

For those who are interested.
http://www.rodhette.org/xbmcLaunch.exe

Again i would like to say i just made this program to satisfied my wife simple needs. And i really hope Wiso or some other member of Team Xbmc impliments these simple api calls into Xbmc.

Regards
frotsen
frotsen Wrote:Again i would like to say i just made this program to satisfied my wife simple needs. And i really hope Wiso or some other member of Team Xbmc impliments these simple api calls into Xbmc.

The question is if we wait on SDL 1.3, use the current svn version or use our own code. Not sure about that yet.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
xbs08 Wrote:Try searching the forum and you'll find what you need.

My English is not good,please straight tell me answer
Place the xbmcLaunch.exe somewhere on your harddisk, then rightclick on it and create a shortcut to this file. Rightclick on the shortcut and hit preferences. In there, add the XBMC.exe's path on your hard disk as well as the monitor number in the source field, so it matches (or at least resembles) the picture below. Start at where you see the cursor in the picture (after the initial path to your xbmcLaunch.exe).

Save it, then doubleclick it - voila. Smile

Should XBMC launch in a wrong resolution, navigate to settings, appearance, screen, resolution and change it. You only should have to do this once.
hi
i have 17" notebook at 1440x900
and a 40" sony tv at 1920x1080p

now i had the same problems to get xbmc not on the primary screen to work.
with this "xbmclaunch.exe" it works very fine, except for the resolutions.
it only takes the optional resolutions of my notebooks screen, strange is that i have the options up to 1080i, but no 1080p
if i set the sony 40" as my primary device, it works in full 1080p res.
maybe somebody know what to do...

i got a little other problem.
i a HP DV7-1005eg notebook, it comes with a remote like these dell remotes.
where can i find the file to edit the command for the buttons, and where can i set the Windows Media Center-Button to another APP like XBMC.
maybe this has beed discussed, but i gotta ask now : )

thanks for you helpings
frotsen Wrote:Hey

Here we go again.... I had 10 minutes free today so i added a new option Always on top. I also added a new commanline option override. If this is specified the program launches xbmc with the settings specified in the Form.

eks
Xbmclaunch.exe override

the regular way of launching it is
xbmcLaunch.exe xbmcPath,monitornr
xbmcLaunch.exe C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe,2

I did also try to figure out why it for someone starts in "minimized mode". Could not reproduce it, but now i set focus on xbmc after its moved to the desired screen.

For those who are interested.
http://www.rodhette.org/xbmcLaunch.exe

Again i would like to say i just made this program to satisfied my wife simple needs. And i really hope Wiso or some other member of Team Xbmc impliments these simple api calls into Xbmc.

Regards
frotsen
Thank you very much
Hi
Gave your program a whirl to see if I could use it instead of multimon.
But for some reason it will never work on the second screen.
Even if I just run the app and direct it to xbmc.exe and select screen 2 it always starts on screen 1. Tried changing the 2 to a 1 but still screen 1.
Any ideas?

Regards
Andy
@andye26

Make sure settings inside xmbc is not Full screen or Auto.
Think I tried that..but not sure?

Will check when I get back home.

My monitor is 1650x1050 and the second screen is my tv which is set at 1280x720...I should set xbmc to 1280x720 right?

Andy
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems going to windowed mode3