• 5(current)
Problems going to windowed mode
Tried changing the resolution no difference.
When it starts up on screen 1 when ive selected screen2 I noticed that the windows borders are still arround the xbmc window.

Could it be a problem with vista?
Nope, everything's fine on Vista here.

Try the following:

Start XBMC the normal way, then hit \ to get it to jump into windowed mode (with borders), after that, navigate to settings, appearance, resolution, and change the resolution (while still in windowed mode) to your target one. Test it, using the option below and confirm the resolution change. Hit \ two more times just to see if everything went fine (after that you should be in windowed mode again). Hit S on the keyboard, followed by enter, to exit XBMC.

After that, make sure, that your shortcut to xbmcLaunch is set up with the right comandline parameters (locationofxbmcLaunch pathtoxbmcexe,2 (<- if that ist your second monitor you want xbmc to start on)) and doubleclick it (all on the first, primary screen).

If it still doesn't work, make sure monitor 2 is set up as extended desktop.
Hmm
Still no dice
XBMClaunch shows my second screen and resolution ok but always launches on screen 1 regardless of what I change the monitor number too
Window borders are always there ..Should they be removed?
If I drag the window to the second screen the borders remain and on restart it selects screen 1 again Sad

Andy
Ok, you're definitely doing something wrong here...

Yes, when you launch XBMC through xbmcLaunch, regardless on what screen, all borders should be gone. Seems like you're somehow managing to launch it the "normal" way (even in fullscreen mode...) anyhow.

Follow the steps I've written down in the psoting on the top of the page, create a shortcut, enter the command line parameters (even post yours specifically here in the thread) and launch it that way.

As for using Vista, could this be a problem related to admin rights and th UAC? Have you tested launching the program with admin rights?
Harlekin
Was talking to frotsen and he thinks is an nvidia issue, I have tried almost every option and used command line and app and can never remove the borders or launch on screen 2

Andy
Thanks to frotsen for taking the time and building many test versions to leave us with an updated version of xbmcLaunch which is now compatible with Nvidia cards.

New version with frotsens permission

http://rodhette.org/xbmcLaunch.exe

Regards
Andy
Just in case anyone experiences the same problem as me....!

I found that for some strange reason this morning using XBMCLAUNCH always opened the app apparently behind the windows desktop, and the only way you could make it appear was to Right click "move" from the XBMC in the task bar. I downloaded xbmclaunch again - same version and tried it with this one now it works fine! I can't think of any logic in that but in case anyone else has this problem, try down loading it again.
Simply Amazing... May I have the source code of this program. I am sure that I could learn a lot by looking at it.

Thanks.

frotsen Wrote:I just made a simple program to fullfill my needs. This program puts xbmc on a given monitor. It launches Xbmc in windows mode, then remove its borders so i looks fullscreen and places it on a given monitor. This way you have a "fake" fullscreen but still can use your mouse etc.

For those who are intrested
http://www.rodhette.org/xbmcLaunch.exe

Regards
Frotsen
Well.. imo it isnt amazing. But sure you can have the code.
http://www.rodhette.org/xbmcLaunchCode.rar

Be aware, the code isnt "clean" and i cant remember if i did comment anything.

frotsen
You shouldn't sell yourself short, this code is at least really cool, and since it's CS it reads well even without docs.

Thanks a lot for your efforts.
Your little app is exactly what I need to use xbmc on my PC, thanks.

But I am having a problem, When I run it, I get the following error:-

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK ..."

I am running XP pro 32-bit with an Nvidia 7200 in dual monitor mode.

Cheers, Des.
Do you have .net installed?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you Image Read Me First
matt_cyr Wrote:Do you have .net installed?

No?

Cheers, Des.
You can install it from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

This should take care of your problem.

DesG Wrote:No?

Cheers, Des.
jangeador Wrote:You can install it from here: URL

This should take care of your problem.

Unfortunately, there is a reason I don't have it, I don't want it :/ But thanks for the help!

I'll just wait until the devs get around to sorting it in xbmc. Its not a killer problem, for me, just nice to have.

Cheers, Des.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems going to windowed mode3