Release viwX (live and VOD from ITVX)
Running Kodi on a Minix TV Box for many years now - all working great.  Just installed the viwX add-on from dimkroon's repo.  Streams with audio but no video.  Checking the log it appears to be a video codec issue.  Not too sure how to get the logs off the TV box to paste here.  Any advice/assistance would be greatly appreciated
Contrary to what a lot of people appear to think, a video add-on does not concern itself with video codecs, or even the actual playing of streams. Plugins like these just gather information for Kodi to present to the user, and when it finally has the internet location of a web stream this url is passed on to Kodi to play. So I don't think this is an issue with the addon, but let's see how far we can get.

First of all, don't post logs directly, but post a link to something like pastebin. Check https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file for info on how the create and upload a debug log. 

Secondly, not to picky, but just have it clear, https://dimkroon/kodi-addons is not a repo. It's just a place where you can download some add-ons as zip file to install manually.
I just noticed that the addon is now in the official Kodi repository. Well done 👏👏👏
Hi
Did anyone tested the addon with kodi 21 Libreelec 12 nightly as I m having errors and only live tv is working..
Addon might need update for inputstream configuration for kodi 21 but not sure..
Thanks for any help..
New version: viwX 1.1.0

Changes:
  • Updated user-agent string to Firefox 118.
  • Added support for Live TV items in collections. Fixes: collection 'ITVX Live Channels' is empty.
  • Added support for shortFromSlider in collection, like the folder with short news-like items in the collection 'Rugby World Cup'.
  • Added support for shortForm collections. Fixes: absence of the collection 'Rugby World Cup 2023'.
  • Adapt to a change at itvx causing an empty 'Kids Collection'.

Check the first post of this topic for install instruction.
(2023-10-10, 22:05)mariofenech Wrote: Did anyone tested the addon with kodi 21 Libreelec 12 nightly as I m having errors and only live tv is working..
I see the same on current LE12 nightlies (current i.a from Kodi Omega repo) e.g. Trying to play the Frace vs. South Africa match from yesterday (Rugby World Cup) on catchup:

Code:
2023-10-16 21:09:08.821 T:5011    debug <general>: CurlFile::Open - <https://itvpnpdotcom.blue.content.itv.com/2-4138-0044-001/34/1/VAR028-HD-s/2-4138-0044-001_34_1_VAR028-HD-s.ism/dash/2-4138-0044-001_34_1_VAR028-HD-s-audio=96000.dash>
2023-10-16 21:09:09.080 T:5011    error <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: [AS-10] Download failed, HTTP error 403: https://itvpnpdotcom.blue.content.itv.co...96000.dash

I'm not currently in the UK, but a WireGuard connection to home exits on a UK domestic IP address and allows ITVX Live playback and iPlayer etc. and a laptop routing traffic via the same exit node plays the same media in a FireFox browser, i.e. I have confidence geoblocking isn't a factor.
(2023-10-16, 19:23)chewitt Wrote:
(2023-10-10, 22:05)mariofenech Wrote: Did anyone tested the addon with kodi 21 Libreelec 12 nightly as I m having errors and only live tv is working..
I see the same on current LE12 nightlies (current i.a from Kodi Omega repo) e.g. Trying to play the Frace vs. South Africa match from yesterday (Rugby World Cup) on catchup:
To get it to work in LE12, take outband-webvtt out of the minimum feature set for catchup when getting the stream data, it will work fine after that.
(2023-10-17, 11:25)ShadowMask Wrote: To get it to work in LE12, take outband-webvtt out of the minimum feature set for catchup when getting the stream data, it will work fine after that.
You'll have to excuse me for being ignorant. How is that done?
Quote:You'll have to excuse me for being ignorant. How is that done?
I think what @ShadowMask means is to alter the sourcecode at this line by removing , 'outband-webvtt' from the line min_features = ['mpeg-dash', 'widevine', 'outband-webvtt', 'hd', 'single-track']

However, outband-webvvt only affects the availability of subtitles, which are downloaded and processed totally separate from video and Inputstream Adaptive (I.A.). I struggle to understand how this can solve to the 'Forbidden' error encountered by @chewitt and possibly by @mariofenech. It could be some weird side effect, but maybe the issues are simply not related.
Perhaps ITVX has changed (again) and specifying outband-webvvt as minimum requirement now causes VOD streams without subtitles to fail. This, however, would not be an issue specific to LE12 or Kodi Omega and would only affect a very small number of programmes.

@ShadowMask: Can you let us know if you had problems with all VOD content, or with one particular programme?

@chewitt, @mariofenech,
The fix suggest by @ShadowMask is very easy to try. It would be nice if you could give it a go.
If it doesn't work, please post a link to a full debug log with libcURL enabled in component-specific logging.
And if it does work, I would be very interested in logs both before and after the fix. :-)

Does anyone know of a breaking change in the I.A. version used at LE12 nightly that requires add-ons to set other/different properties?
(2023-10-17, 21:45)kereltje Wrote:
Quote:You'll have to excuse me for being ignorant. How is that done?
I think what @ShadowMask means is to alter the sourcecode at this line by removing , 'outband-webvtt' from the line min_features = ['mpeg-dash', 'widevine', 'outband-webvtt', 'hd', 'single-track']

Yes, that is what I did to get it working in LE12.

Everything worked fine for me in LE11 prior to trying out LE12, after the LE12 upgrade I could only get live to work, no VOD streams worked at all until I removed outband-webvtt as explained above.

I'm not on LE12 atm as it kept crashing my PVR recordings, so can't provide a log but hopefully someone can provide before and after logs for you.
Removing `outband-webvtt` from resources/lib/itv.py L109 didn't result in any difference for me, it still errors (and I did clear the pycache dir). With the change added, here's the Kodi debug log with libcurl logging enabled from the point where I click 'ok' to play the stream: https://pastebin.com/raw/yyHZcNeD
Thanks for the log @chewitt.
It looks like @mariofenech 's assessment was correct - apparently IA has dropped some backwards compatibility in the latest alpha. 

IA did not set the headers on the manifest request, causing the web service to set an hdntl cookie in the response. Subsequent requests to streams did use the cookie header from the add-on, but also the cookie just set by the previous response. I'm not quite sure if this behaviour of Curl is correct, but with the right headers on the manifest request it won't cause problems anyway.

It only required a small change in viwX, which is in this branch: https://github.com/dimkroon/itvx-for-kodi/tree/ia21
A zip file is available at https://dimkroon.net/tests/plugin.video....583992.zip
Ensure to restart viwX after installation of the zip by opening another add-on before opening viwX again.

I hope this will solve the issues.
I confirm that this fixes playback of catchup streams (and Live streams still work). Many thanks!
Just tried to install on latest version of kodi but getting a red x error message plus I can't connect to the official repository page ?
@Globaltvfan
Problems connecting to the official repro is not an error of viwX.
I would suggest checking your internet connection, or maybe a mirror is down and it will work if you try it again later on.

Perhaps some else here can help you, but I I think you'll have a better change on a solution if you seek help in a more general section of the forum.
Also, provide a more detailed description of what you did and exactly what error you get. And providing a debug log will vastly increase your changes to get a good answer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
viwX (live and VOD from ITVX)0