certain drive letters don't show the right content Beta 1
Exclamation 
Found this in the bug report: here's the link to it http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4917

My question is, is it possible to change the z drive (cache folder) in beta 1 to a different drive. I have several External HDD's and the z drive hosts all my media which are wirelessly networked thru my house. If it's possible to have the ability to change cache folders to a different location that'd be great. otherwise I'd have to rebuild my networked drives which is a PITA. Thanks!
if the drive is mapped thru smb you can change the drive letter without the need to rebuild

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
and what if the drive is local to the computer running xbmc? i.e. via usb?
IIRC you can change all drive letters but the one that windows is actually installed on (maybe even that one with some tricks). Google is probably a better friend than me in this case, I haven't run windows in 5yrs or so. "right-click my computer > manage > disk management(?)" comes to mind though.
Yup go into disk management and find your usb disk. Right click
on the drive letter box and choose another drive letter.

This way your usb drive will get the exact same drive letter each time Smile
phreakwenci Wrote:and what if the drive is local to the computer running xbmc? i.e. via usb?

In that case all you need to do is edit source.xml replacing the old drive letter with the new one (if you dont change the file structure that is).

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:In that case all you need to do is edit source.xml replacing the old drive letter with the new one (if you dont change the file structure that is).

Or just remove and readd the source in GUI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
certain drive letters don't show the right content Beta 10