External player for streaming
Hi. I'm trying to play add ons from slyguy (Hulu mainly) but. because I have audio issues with Kodis own player (tiny audio drops) and want to do 'play using' and then choose an external player for the Hulu streams. So far I've got VLC to play local files from Kodi but no success with these streaming files. VLC fails and gives me a fleeting glimpse of the error message which I think is saying it couldn't find any url to play it from. So is playing streams from Kodi to an external player even possible? Next question obviously being 'how?' Thanks very much.
short answer - not possible

long answer -

the slyguy hulu (and other) addons use your credentials to access a playlist of a stream not a video/audio stream - external players will not have this mechanism or your credentials

if you manage to get passed that, the streams within the playlist are encrypted so the playlist url is sent to the inputstream.adaptive addon - externals players also do not have this mechanism

if you manage to get pass all of that then you will still be trying to pass an internal kodi "plugin://slyguy.hulu" url to an external player that does not know what plugin:// means or even what "slyguy.hulu" is
Forget about external players for addons such as netflix, hulu, prime, etc. These all work in Kodi due to the DRM support of Inputstream Adaptive addon in Kodi.
the stream if passed to external player will not work as they do not support DRM.
Any non DRM streams will work if you pass to external player
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
Ok thanks very much. At least I know it's not really possible. It's a shame because Kodi will just not play the 5.1 Hulu streams without an audio drop every few seconds. The weird thing is slygyuy has a Hulu add on and Disney add on. Disney loads Dolby Vision and plays 5.1 instantly without a hint of an audio drop but Hulu has a micro stutter every few seconds. I have absolutely no idea why.
(2023-09-21, 06:42)Gmjh Wrote: slygyuy has a Hulu

you could check the official thread to see if there are any resolutions - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=364953

or the github issues page - https://github.com/matthuisman/slyguy.addons/issues

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External player for streaming0