How hard will be to create something like this ??
Hey guys, my Tv provider have an incredible feature call "Smart Replay", i who like to know if is possible to create something like this in Kodi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDrV92uQ...nePortugal
(2023-09-23, 20:24)flavio5121 Wrote: i who like to know if is possible to create something like this in Kodi

sure it is, looks like chapter markers created from some sort of information provider - completely doable
Ok that´s nice to ear
Gonna show something more graphic than what i just want 

Over at www.thesportsdb.com we have all this timeline information already as data via a JSON api. Just needs someone to write an Add-on I guess.

Would probably need some core work to the timeline code in Kodi to show icons though.

Very cool feature Smile
Great idea indeed!

More generally, fast forward bar thumbnails are very missing in Kodi. This is found everywhere, from Youtube to Netflix, and therefore has become a standard in terms of ergonomics in the context of fast forwarding. We could imagine thumbnails integrated into the bar for the chapters. This would already be a great step forward. Haha
I have been working on this project, but i´m stock in this problem.
The game time never match the guide time, so the system is useless if it cannot get the correct timing...
If someone have an idea to solve this, let me know

You'd need a way to convert game time to real time and back. ie. 37min took place at 15:42 GMT. I don't think the database records real time only game time.
(2024-02-24, 08:33)htpc-mac Wrote: You'd need a way to convert game time to real time and back. ie. 37min took place at 15:42 GMT. I don't think the database records real time only game time.

To build on this idea, if you can get the game start time from the database you can offset relative to the program start time
e.g. program start time was 5:40 but game start was 6:00, then you know there's a 0:20 offset

Where you will run into issues though is if the program is split into blocks according to different stages of the game -- e.g. pre-game show, first half, half-time show, second half.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2024-02-24, 09:42)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-02-24, 08:33)htpc-mac Wrote: You'd need a way to convert game time to real time and back. ie. 37min took place at 15:42 GMT. I don't think the database records real time only game time.

To build on this idea, if you can get the game start time from the database you can offset relative to the program start time
e.g. program start time was 5:40 but game start was 6:00, then you know there's a 0:20 offset

Where you will run into issues though is if the program is split into blocks according to different stages of the game -- e.g. pre-game show, first half, half-time show, second half.
That looks like he is using PVR as opposed to a local file. The delay from stream type (hls/mpeg), buffer, and source of both the stream and network all add variables. It would be a fuzzy match. 
For a local file could you check for runtime and use that to determine if event is a 'half', 'quarter', or 'full game'? If runtime of a football match equals 4 hours, for example, it would assume that an entire broadcast from PVR complete with commercials.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How hard will be to create something like this ??0