Android WebDav strange behavior on kodi android
Good morning
I am new to the site and introduce myself in a few words:
am an old XBMC FAN user from the beginning.
then I had to move all my media files to a qnap NAS (100TB)
Kodi at that time did not allow easy sharing over the internet on this hardware platform.
for a while I used another software (Emby actulay) but I always regretted the ability of Kodi and XBMC to read DVD and BD ISOs and the good performance of the media scrapers used.

I just realized that KODI has the capacity for sharing and remote access via the internet using a WEBDAV server on its media file source.
Qnap also having this possibility I jumped at the opportunity to test:

-set up and config of the webdav server in HTTP on my QNAP NAS,.2
-download the latest version of kodi 20.2
-put my ISO in the media library on kodi on PC to see....
>> I can launch ONE reading without PB of an ISO, Super everything contained and there BUG! :
- I stop reading (the square in the player)
- it freezes for a few minutes
-then I try to read another file (always on my nas in webdav) and there kodi indicates that the media file is no longer available it can no longer read any of it.
I kill the Kodi app and restart Kodi
there I can read A media again, re stop re freeze re bug
etc., etc.

There I say to myself, never mind, let's try another version of KODI.
I test several, 19.xx 18.xx on my PC.... the same.
I also tested V19.x and V18.x on my Android mobile, same bug as on PC Sad

There I come across KODI 17.4 on PC and to my delight, everything works well, fast media scan, good reading again and again and again reading then stop and stop lots of files and always smooth recovery, in short perfect.

And so as my goal is to finally be able to install KODI on my NVIDIA PRO SHIELD andriod TV and on my android mobile I am trying an installation on
my mobile version 17.4
same bug on Android as on PC for all other versions including 17.4 Sad

How to solve this?
I also indicate that WEBDAV will be perfect for all those who struggle to remotely access their media file base via fiber without having to stream like on Plex or Emby or having to convert on the fly with more or less success on the apps qnap et al, if it worked well in webdav on kodi it would really be great

In short, how to progress?
any ideas please and thank you in advance for your help

Kind regards Laurent

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WebDav strange behavior on kodi android0