music issues
Hello all 

I had to rebuild my Kodi environment because my tinkering caused an issue. YUK

I downloaded, yesterday, Kodi's latest version (why not)

In configuring Kodi, one of the addons I alway install id the context playlist manager for cre4ating and adding music to a certain playlist

As i adding, via the add-on zip file a folder called context.playlist.append.zip and i try to install it I receive an error relating to python dependance 20.2

Does this mean i need to revert to a prior version of KODI? or is there a fix i should install?

Although this may not be the most appropriate thread to insert this comment, I feel that the music portion of KODI is missing attention

My i suggest that. 

1) the functionality of this addon be added to the core of kodi and be part of the kodi install. The code is already develop therefore it should be a breeze to add
2) that there be a function to delete a file in the music library when looking at a song regardless whether we using an album, artist or file view

Thank you all for any help provided
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
@BikerDude

I was just about to reset your account. Good to see you were able to login again.

Can you point me to the addon code or download file. It might just be a simple fix to bump the minimum version in the addon.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
try this one - https://transfer.sh/RAICL4wYC8/context.p...230927.zip

@Karellen pretty sure it's this one, i did the update and re-uploaded https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257334
Thank you all for the prompt replies

the add-on i was using was  context.playlist.append.zip  and it crashed with the python error mentioned here above this was downloaded from github following a thread from 2016  and a post from @curti

and as @DarkHelmet suggested back then should be part of the Kodi official offering

While I was wating I installed kodi 19.1 on an other pc same issue hence i do not think this has to do with the kodi version.

@jepsizofye 

I downloaded and installed the zip file you mentioned. 

It did install with no issues.

However when i tested to append a file to a new playlist, i got a message to refer to the logs

I then manually created a music playlist and the trying to add a song to that playlist i got the same error

I never (or i forgot how) print or download a log 

where would i find the log for this addon ?    

Again Thank you all. this prompts , patience and willingness to help is why i'm not considering other solutions like emby, jellyfin and others. they add no value to my solution that kodi already offers
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
the instructions for the log are here Debug Log

disclaimer -

i performed 'minor' surgery to get passed the python compatibility and didn't see any obvious incompatible code

i will be happy to look into it but i do not use it or music in kodi at all, i will do what i can but i will not be able to test anything before sending back another version, i will need you to do so
thank you for this learning

It will be slightly complicated to get the logs because in my media room the screen is 5 meters and i will need to rigg something that will enable me to read the folders.

this will take a minute or two and i will then post the logs on pastebin

Once again thank you
Best regards to all
BikerDude
Hello all

I tried to find the logs by following the suggestions to find the logs at these locations 

Windows%APPDATA%\Kodi\kodi.log
Windows Portable<Install location chosen by you>\portable_data\
Windows (UWP)%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\kodi.log

However when i go to c:\users\me\appdata\kodi

in any of the kodi subfolders i do not have one for logs

Is my kodi incorrectly installed do i need to reinstall it?
Best regards to all
BikerDude
Not sure why this is in add-on requests? Let's move it to Windows support.

Which version of Kodi for Windows do you have installed? The normal one, the UWP one or a portable one?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello

@DarrenHill Thank you for your reply

I am running Win 10 pro and kofi 20.2.0 downloaded from the kodi web page (not from windows)

In then past i was using the addon mentioned here above. This addon no longer works ....YUK

I then downloaded the addon  https://transfer.sh/RAICL4wYC8/context.p...230927.zip as suggested by @zprtxqkft 

This addon did install correctly (no issues). 

I can list a song from my library, yet when i right click on the song i do get the context menu and an option to append to playlist does appear. When i scroll down to the option to append i get an error and to check the logs.

However If i i click with the left mouse button the song is added to the current playlist.

In the past when i was listening to a song I could right click to get the context menu select to add the song to a playlist. I would have the option to add to an exists playlist or create a new one.

This functionality is useful for me (and i presume many others) 

I have circa 5000 songs and as i listen to all of them i add the song to a specific playlist ( i subscribe to the theory of music therapy).

I had (because i ended up destroying my environment ..l. what an idiot)  about 167 playlists. Including one for road trips by car lasting 20 hours and one from Bike lasting 10 

BTW as @DarkHelmet suggested  this should be part of the Kodi offering.

Media is not just videos and games  

I do not know which log to search for mentioned in the kodi documentation (there are so many) which one to chose?

Thank you for for all your hep
Best regards to all
BikerDude
Alright, so it's standard Kodi (not UWP).

The log should be in the %appdata%/Kodi folder , unless you've installed it somehow into another Windows user than the one you're logged into.
You're looking for the normal kodi.log file, which should be in that folder above.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Using the path you wrote above, the log is likely in c:\users\me\appdata\roaming\kodi\kodi.log

The exact file path is displayed as the first line of the debug overlay when debug logging is turned on in the GUI.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hello all

Thank you for taking the time off your precious weekend to assist me.

I found the logs Yuppie

Here is the lates logs kodi.log

this is the latest
https://pastebin.com/LNQD3j14

and here is the kodi.old
https://pastebin.com/zbVcWkkj

Sorry to do this to you all. after looking (at what i can surmise ) I think this log would be better suited  and in line with my issue.

I closed Kodi and restarted and just tried to add music to a playlist it so to create a new log
https://pastebin.com/zJdGdXTy

Once again thank you verymuch forr your patience and help
Best regards to all
BikerDude

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
music issues0